Betting Talk

Real $ Fantasy Sports Sites - Which are the softest?

lakemonsterlakemonster Senior Member
edited June 2014 in Sports Betting
which sites are the softest sites?

i have messed around on DraftDay. lots of ex online poker players there because thats the world where the site owners come from. it seems like they have much smaller guarantees compared to other sites...

Comments

• TwoninerTwoniner Member
    edited December 2013
    I haven't gotten into them a ton, but ESPN advertises fanduel. It's also a little more limited on lineups though..
  • nuddernudder Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    I know FanDuel is the biggest, but does that mean it's the softest? You'd think if they're getting people from mainstream sites that it'd be a little softer.
  • drewbydrewby Fantasy Expert
    edited June 2014
    Fanduel is by far the biggest, which means there are by far the most bad players. Of course, having the most players and most bad players also attracts all of the best. If you're playing H2H you can control for that by selecting users who haven't played more than a handful of games.
    edited June 2014
    drewby wrote: »
    Fanduel is by far the biggest, which means there are by far the most bad players. Of course, having the most players and most bad players also attracts all of the best. If you're playing H2H you can control for that by selecting users who haven't played more than a handful of games.

good point. duh. do you think most beginners also want the "rags to riches" or "get rich quick" story and therefore try to do the smaller entry GPPs on that site, which would make those a little softer?
  • datafreakdatafreak Junior Member
    edited June 2014
    Do all the sites keep the same % or are there some discount sites out there?
  • drewbydrewby Fantasy Expert
    edited June 2014
    I don't have data to prove it but think that the flagship tournaments around MLB, PGA, etc, have a higher % of dead money. Golf is a good example of a sport where average players only get involved around the majors.
    edited June 2014
    I think I'm gonna sign up for FanDuel. I wanna see what this big site is all about.