Betting Talk

Patriots/Browns Flag in the end zone

buythehookbuythehook Senior Member
edited December 2013 in Sports Betting
How can the ref throw that flag at the end of the game???

I'm convinced they are going to go win the Super Bowl this year with plays like that..

What a terrible call

Comments

• JalapanoseJalapanose Banned
    edited December 2013
  • buythehookbuythehook Senior Member
    edited December 2013
    Jalapanose wrote: »

Lol... I won't even comment on ur link

Nfl came out and said the ball was not catchable.

If u watched this game and and that there was no contact and they throw a flag.. It was a joke
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited December 2013

Just an exception to the rule. Didn't see the play didn't have a side or Total but the Pats will always get the benefit of the doubt. Not saying anything is going on it's just the way it is in all sports. There are teams and star's that will always get the benefit of the doubt when the call could go either way. I repeat I did not see the play. it's just the way it is. Something like Jordan taking not 3 but sometimes 4 steps on his flying dunks.
  • BeardedTacoBeardedTaco Senior Member
    edited December 2013
    buythehook wrote: »

I'm convinced they are going to go win the Super Bowl this year with plays like that..

What a terrible call

not gonna happen now:

SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter 16s

BREAKING: Rob Gronkowski is believed to have torn ACL. MRI on Monday to confirm it's torn. @FOXSports 1st reported (via @AdamSchefter)
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited December 2013
    gronk is certainly not very fortunate. hate the pats myself but sux to see a player that good keep getting hurt.
  • buythehookbuythehook Senior Member
    edited December 2013
    not gonna happen now:

SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter 16s

BREAKING: Rob Gronkowski is believed to have torn ACL. MRI on Monday to confirm it's torn. @FOXSports 1st reported (via @AdamSchefter)

Wow...didn't know that...don't like the pats, but feel bad for Gronk!
  • cabster13cabster13 Senior Member
    edited December 2013
    buythehook wrote: »

What a terrible call

It was clearly a terrible call which the announces indiacted as well. The league is full of poor calls every Sunday. Just watched a Seattle DB faceguard and mug a SF receiver with the ref looking right at it and he calls nothing. This one clearly today was NE and at a critical point in the game. Just too bad for Cleveland which frankly outplayed NE all day. The NE record is no reflection of how they have played for most of the year. Several games they should not have won based on their play and then the Carolina game that they got homered as well.
  • kdogkdog Senior Member
    edited December 2013

Here's another call that went their way. Jesus, they're just the luckiest team ever.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/folks-42-yard-fg-leads-204639256--nfl.html
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited December 2013
    Equal time for ppl that might disagree. LOL
    No you won't be hearing Gil Santos' voice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDQAmuZ8t94
  • kdogkdog Senior Member
    edited December 2013
    Ronbets wrote: »
    Equal time for ppl that might disagree. LOL
    No you won't be hearing Gil Santos' voice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDQAmuZ8t94

And if you go back a few more years you'll find a bad roughing the passer call that cost NE a trip to the Super Bowl.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-top-ten/0ap2000000113870/Top-Ten-Controversial-Calls-Suger-Bear-penalty

This shit goes both ways so as far as I'm concerned all the haters can suck it.
  • VituperateVituperate Member
    edited December 2013
    You cannot call an incidental contact call in the end zone without clear intent established. This was one of the worst calls of the year. I am no conspiracy guy but Robert Kraft is on the rules committee and one of the kingpins of the NFL…just sayin
  • StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited December 2013
    It was a bad call but they still had 40 seconds left. You seriously think they were not going to win that game? If you did, you haven't seen the Pats play much. That game was over once they recovered the onside kick. Some of you can't possibly believe the Pats have gotten calls this year. Haters will always hate.
  • cabster13cabster13 Senior Member
    edited December 2013
    StevieY wrote: »
    It was a bad call but they still had 40 seconds left. You seriously think they were not going to win that game? If you did, you haven't seen the Pats play much. That game was over once they recovered the onside kick. Some of you can't possibly believe the Pats have gotten calls this year. Haters will always hate.
    Does the fact that I think the best call of the year was the picked up flag in the Carolina/NE game make me a hater? lol
  • StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited December 2013
    cabster13 wrote: »
    Does the fact that I think the best call of the year was the picked up flag in the Carolina/NE game make me a hater? lol

Coming from the previous home of Brady's bitch, I mean Peyton Manning, yes.
  • Rip007Rip007 Banned
    edited December 2013
    all the more reason to change to the college rules , many times "this spot of the foul rule" changes the complexion of too many games