Betting Talk

Why so much love for Florida St.

60feetheat60feetheat Member
edited December 2013 in Sports Betting
IMO having seen many games in the ACC the conference is awful and to think experts give them a No.1 ranking is a stretch. I know being undefeated goes a very long way and one good blow out win over a average Clemson team but number 1 ? I am neither a supporter or a lover of the SEC. or the Big 10 or the Pac12 but I can say with complete confidence that FSU in the SEC. would have 3-4 losses-Big10 three losses- Pac12 3 losses. So this leaves me with who do I think is the best in the country, if anyone cares?? Who will play for the national championship?? Best Alabama close Missouri. Who plays each other it will be MISSOURI vs BAMA.
OK why because Mich. St. will beat OhioSt.- Missouri will beat Auburn- Duke will beat FSU( because by Sat. Winston will be in jail) and the whole Seminole nation is thrown into complete chaos. Again all just MO.

Comments

• mjc257mjc257 Senior Member
    edited December 2013
    60feetheat wrote: »
    I can say with complete confidence that FSU in the SEC. would have 3-4 losses-Big10 three losses- Pac12 3 losses.

Really? You might just be saying "complete confidence" for affect, but that statement is beyond absurd.

If you said one loss I could handle that opinion, but you cannot say 3-4 losses and think you'll be taken seriously. Most compensated power ratings have them as best team in the country.

I will agree with you on one thing, the ACC was very bad this year in football.
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited December 2013
    seems like a bit of hate towards the noles or some sour grapes. 3 to 4 loses is beyond stupidity.
  • BigKahunaBigKahuna Banned
    edited December 2013
    Ok , so I am not sure about how FSU would do in the SEC or Big10. However, I will share my thoughts on how I think they would fair in the Pac12.

They would split with the SoCal schools.
    If they were lucky they would split with the Arizona schools.
    They would get rolled by Oregon.
    They would get smothered by Stanford.

They are in a basketball conference beating up on nobody's. They might have a great bowl and win the BCS but no way in my opinion they are the best team in the country.

Just my opinion.
    edited December 2013
    how can you just assume or predict they would get rolled by these teams BK? what are the indicators?
  • mjc257mjc257 Senior Member
    edited December 2013
    BigKahuna wrote: »

They would split with the SoCal schools.
    If they were lucky they would split with the Arizona schools.
    They would get rolled by Oregon.

I think FSU would be a double digit favorite over every one of the teams you mentioned except Oregon on a neutral field. Stanford & ASU could be potentially less than 10, but it'd be close.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited December 2013
    I'm a Canes fan so I have no love at all for the Noles. That said, anyone who thinks this team would lose three or four games in another conference either hasn't watched them play, or doesn't know college football. They've got NFL players all over the field and the kid playing QB is pretty damn good. As much as I hate to say it, they're the best team in the country and I have a hard time seeing anyone (other than Bama) beating them.

C'mon Kahuna, you have them losing to Arizona and UCLA? Really?
  • edited December 2013
    i agree they would have 2 or 3 losses in sec. i could see them losing to either stanford or oregon with one potential loss in pac 12. and big ten they could run. either way you slice it. they deserve to be there. next year the playoff system should be good
    edited December 2013

Just my opinion.

the same Stanford team that just beat the high powered irish by 7 at home? you're being absurd and I thought you'd come around BK :)??
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited December 2013
    i agree they would have 2 or 3 losses in sec. i could see them losing to either stanford or oregon with one potential loss in pac 12. and big ten they could run. either way you slice it. they deserve to be there. next year the playoff system should be good

If you think FSU would lose two or three times if they played in the SEC, than you must think that Mizzouri and Auburn are both better teams since they only lost one game apiece. S Carolina lost twice this year, FSU is a much better team than they are. If the Noles played in the SEC or the Pac 12, at most they would have one loss.
    edited December 2013
    Too many quotes to list them all, so I will do my best with responses.

If you have any team just beat everybody up, they look like world beaters also. Everyone would have drank the Fresno State koolaid also had they not stumbled. When you are in a conference where the other teams have athletes as well, then you get to measure a team. FSU has beat no one, just rolled over. How many times can you schedule Idaho for gosh sake? Don't think that is accurate, find another conference game where 1 team was favored by over 4 td's ever in a conference title game ! Horribly week conference and schedule, let's see what happens when they get punched in the mouth by a team with atleast a few descent players.

My reasoning for all of this is, I think the Pac12 was fabulous this year (best I have seen in a long time) not just 1 or 2 teams good, lots and lots of quality teams. The teams I mentioned as well as Washington and even Oregon State were quality teams this year. They were busy beating each other up, so none of them are playing for the top prize.

Give me Oregon, ASU and Stanford +10 , all day long. Just let me know my limit ! lol

Newc, I told Stanford to keep the Notre Dame close as you had released +14 and needed the victory. You are welcome.

Kane, I do think ASU could get them, maybe the UCLA is a stretch.

I am repeating myself , but who have they beat ? Have they even had to play starters in the 2nd half ? They kept Florida in it for a while, which is amazing as Florida could not beat Colorado or CAL.

I don't know, ofcourse I could be way off but in my eye test I don't see greatness at all. I am looking forward to taking DD with Missouri in the BCS. LOL
  • BeardedTacoBeardedTaco Senior Member
    edited December 2013
    Alex Yoder ‏@AlexYoder 6m

#BREAKING: Investigation is complete. State Attorney's Office will be announcing their decision at 2pm tomorrow. #JameisWinston

eatingpopcorn.gif
    edited December 2013
    somebody once told me, you don't announce press conferences to say nothing.

Bye Bye #FSU
    edited December 2013
    BK you are another hater it appears much like the OP. hard to listen to your opinion when its jaded...
    edited December 2013
    newcombe wrote: »
    BK you are another hater it appears much like the OP. hard to listen to your opinion when its jaded...

Huh ? Just stating fact, I don't hate anyone, I hope the guy is not guilty. But I doubt you need a press conference to say we don't have enough evidence.

Don't know if you were serious in your above post or not, but if you were deep breathe Newc ! Avoid sharp objects.
  • TexasHookEmTexasHookEm Senior Member
    edited December 2013
    60feetheat wrote: »
    I can say with complete confidence that FSU... would have 3-4 losses-Big10

Oddsmakers are currently projecting the FSU/OSU line to be FSU -9.5 to -10.5, yet FSU would lose 3 or 4 games in OSU's conference? The same conference that OSU ran during the regular season? And you can say this with complete confidence? LOL

With regards to the Pac 12, I personally think the Pac 12 is overrated. A couple teams beat some big 10 teams (who doesn't?), then they've all beaten each other. Not sure Oregon would roll anybody the way they have been playing.
    edited December 2013
    even Oregon State [was a] quality teams this year.

I think any team with a pulse on offense would probably say otherwise. Ask Eastern Washington
  • BishBish Member
    edited December 2013
    Is this real life? I hate Fsu as a fan but they were the best team I saw this year. They have no weaknesses. Great defense, great offense, hell even a great kicker. They went into Clemson and won by like 50. I would hammer 9.5 vs OSU. I think the only team that could beat them is Bama and I really don't see that happening.
  • DieselDiesel Member
    edited December 2013
    I saw FSU live twice this year. They aren't as good as advertised in my opinion. Their opponents were inferior.

Here's a little fact I saw yesterday but I didn't validate. Clemson has 3 wins in the last 7 years against end of the year top 25 teams.
    edited December 2013
    Diesel wrote: »
    Clemson has 3 wins in the last 7 years against end of the year top 25 teams.

Wow, really? Can anyone verify? I am assuming this doesn't include this year (georgia)