Betting Talk

Fantasy Help Needed

Chisox6Chisox6 Senior Member
edited October 2013 in Sports Betting
In a league where you can protect 3 people each week and then your opponent picks 1 you need to bench.
2QBs, 2WR, 2RB, 2 Flex, 1 TE

Roster:
QB: Brady, Cutler, Schaub
RB: McCoy, Richardson, Woodhead, Spiller, F Jackson, Blount, McFadden, Reece
WR: Welker, Amendola, Bowe, Blackmon
TE: Gates

Who should I protect this week? I was thinking about not leaving any QB protected as this week Brady, Cutler and Schaub might not be all that far apart given the matchups for Cutler and Schaub (NYG and STL). Thanks in advance.

Comments

• DieselDiesel Member
    edited October 2013
    I'd like to hear the answer to this. I've never played in a league anywhere close to this. Lots of complex thinking involved here I'd imagine.
  • Chisox6Chisox6 Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    Yeah it's pretty fun...first year we are doing it; it got brought about because in our matchup league every year someone seemed to play against the hot team (or team with great matchups) each week-this way you get some say in what your opponent does.

BTW, protections are due by tomorrow at noon (giving the opponent about 30 hours to select whom to bench prior to the Thursday night game). Hopefully I'll get some feedback before then.
  • DieselDiesel Member
    edited October 2013
    If he picks gates do you have to drop a player to pick up a TE?
  • ACE10ACE10 Member
    edited October 2013
    I would protect McCoy, Woodhead (PPR?) and Welker.

You're right about the QB's. Spiller and Jackson cancel each other out right now. If he picks one you can start the other if needed. And of course you need a backup TE in case he picks Gates.
  • ACE10ACE10 Member
    edited October 2013
    Or if you like Brady getting Gronk back and think its gonna be a shoot-out then protect him, McCoy and Welker (vs. Jax).
    edited October 2013
    Diesel wrote: »
    If he picks gates do you have to drop a player to pick up a TE?

Yes but Garrett graham and a couple other ok players available on waivers.
    edited October 2013
    I should've mentioned it's 0.5 ppr
  • BigItaly42BigItaly42 Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    McCoy, Blackmon, Welker. All have good matchups, you're not going to do much better than those guys. Good luck
    edited October 2013
    Well I missed out on the couple ok tes on waivers so I went welker McCoy gates....I'm actually hoping he picks brady to bench so I can get wood head and Blackmon into the lineup.

Thanks for the help guys.