Betting Talk

5dimes credit card deposit issue

bcl4bcl4 Senior Member
edited September 2013 in Sports Betting
I have deposited to 5dimes multiple times using a credit card without any problems. This past week I tried to make another deposit and got an error message. 5dimes help told me it was being declined by the credit card company, but I called the credit card company and they said they haven't declined anything and don't see any charges showing up. Has anyone ever run into this problem before? Any insight is appreciated.

Comments

• keywest813keywest813 Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    bcl4 wrote: »
    I have deposited to 5dimes multiple times using a credit card without any problems. This past week I tried to make another deposit and got an error message. 5dimes help told me it was being declined by the credit card company, but I called the credit card company and they said they haven't declined anything and don't see any charges showing up. Has anyone ever run into this problem before? Any insight is appreciated.

I usually make deposits using MoneyGram but I have used a debit card before. Sometimes the Visa processor declines your card even though you have enough funds and/or your bank did not decline the charges. See if this works:

Go to the "Cashier" link at the top of the 5Dimes page. Select "All other methods" and then click on "Deposits". Click on the Visa link and see if this will accept your credit card.

Worth a try.
  • PotlickerPotlicker Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    Hey Keywest, when you use Moneygram, do you go to a store or do it online thru their website?
  • keywest813keywest813 Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    Hey Potlicker,

I always send a MoneyGram at a WalMart store. Super easy! Never tried it online.
  • RaloRalo Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    Super easy online. 5 Dimes will give you the name and Country before doing it but they will only accept $799 at a time.
  • 2sportguy2sportguy Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    bcl4 wrote: »

I wouldnt try it again................probably the processor 5d is using has been identified by your bank as being involoved in online gambling..............If you try it again and it's declined again rest assured that future purchases that you try to do online ( ebay , Amazon etc........) may be declined, you will most likely get a phone call from Visa or your bank asking you to conifrm the transaction.
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    you from new york ? remember new york doesnt allow deposits to gambling outlets...though when i first signed up with 5 dimes i used my visa and it worked fine
  • bcl4bcl4 Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    Not from New York, and as I said, I called the credit card company to try to confirm it and they said they did not even see any charges showing up. Oh well, I'll have to try another method of deposit, seems like MoneyGram works well for others.