Baseball

sunningdalesunningdale Member
edited September 2013 in Sports Betting
YTD. 1-1. -.1

Pitts over 6 1/2 -05

Comments

• Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    Yea I'll tag along but I'm also going to take a small flyer on Pittsburgh, I lke Burnett at Home and it looks like they may be starting to hit again.
    Bigggggg Game for the Bucco's and my Bucco buddies.
    edited September 2013
    Going to play the Under today in the Pittsburgh/Cincinnati game and without going into some details I like the fact that although Locke hasn't pitched that well lately and seems to go into deep counts way to often he's an extreme ground ball pitcher and needs the low strike to be called and one of the keys today to me is he has the Umpire that should give him that pitch. He needs to pitch like he did two starts ago. I understand it was against the cubs but he had the same type of umpire in that game who gave him the low strike. One concern is innings pitched he's in uncharted territory and might be hitting the wall and if he can't last I have the confidence in the pirate bullpen to finish the job.

He's pitched well against Cincinnati even if it's just a few starts they were impressive.

Bronson Arroyo will take the Reds deep into the game with no run support as usual. He's 13-11 with a 3.57 ERA and a 1.13 Whip and has pitched in these type of games before. The one thing that's a little concerning is that Left handed hitters give him problems more then the usual right handed vs a left handed batter so Walker, Morneau and Alvarez could be the keys in this game for Pittsburgh.

Big game for both the disparity between home and away is pretty large between these two teams. If I understand this right they both still have a shot at the division but I believe they will play that 1 game wild card and each team of course would want to play it at home.

After today Pittsburgh takes to the road for 3 at Cubs and then Cincinnati @ Cincinnati who will be going home for the final 6. This game will be played close and tight to the vest.

I'll take the UNDER 7 -110
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    First off, apologies to Sunningdale for invading his thread. GL with the under OT, at this point I've resigned myself to the fact that the Reds aren't going to win the division so these games are important for getting the one game playoff at home, the last thing I wanna do is play one game in Pitt in what would be a crazy atmosphere. Also, I'm curious if you've had a chance to see any of Billy Hamilton, he's the fastest player in the game, just a blur on the bases. More than likely the Reds won't be able to re-sign Choo as he'll be looking for big bucks in free agency, so the plan is for Hamilton to be the starting center fielder next year, the only question is wheather he'll hit enough. If you happen to watch today's game, he's starting and batting lead-off. The kid is fun to watch play, and could be a factor in the playoffs with his speed. Talking Baseball on an NFL Sunday, I love it.
    edited September 2013
    I will be watching the Baseball Game should be good one and looking forward to seeing this kid play. 8 AB's 2 walks and 10 Stolen Bases No Caught Stealing Like the two walks in the 8 AB's
  • sunningdalesunningdale Member
    edited September 2013
    no problem. lost the over last night, guess I was a day early