Betting Talk

Survivor Pool

tro19tro19 Senior Member
edited September 2013 in Sports Betting
I know the logical pick would be to take Seattle, but does anyone think that the Vikings are worth a look this week? The Browns won only a game on the road last year although they did push Dallas to OT (on the road), but Minny is a good home team. Yes, I understand these are last years stats. Hoyer will be starting for the Browns which I'm sure you all know. Very tough to go to the Vikes home field and win. I know I maybe looking ahead, but would be nice to save Seattle for a future play. Thanks

Comments

• TexasHookEmTexasHookEm Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    I took Minnesota fwiw. I hate losing these things without ever using what I consider to be a top-end team (like Seattle), but I think this is definitely the best chance (and maybe only chance) to use Minnesota this year. Plus I really like their chances SU this week.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited September 2013
    Your pick this week should really come down to the parameters/make-up of your pool. If you're in a pool with 15-20 people that will likely end in the middle of the season, then Seattle makes a lot of sense. However, one of mine has over 1700 people and you need to start picking 2 teams a week beginning week 13, so you need to take a lot more chances (3 of the last 5 years have finished with multiple people making it through all 17 weeks/22 picks). In that one, I'm going with Minnesota with 3 of my 4 entries.
  • TexasHookEmTexasHookEm Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    I guess I should have stated that my pool has 1200+ entries. We don't double up on picks, though.
  • milfhuntermilfhunter Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    i never save teams.. you could use denver, seattle, or new orleans..
  • Dave MasonDave Mason Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    me too
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    In a pool with 3,000+. I have 6 entries, used Vikings in 3 and Seahawks in 3
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited September 2013
    Coops wrote: »
    In a pool with 3,000+. I have 6 entries, used Vikings in 3 and Seahawks in 3

Do you chop it up after week 17, or does it continue into the playoffs?

The "continuing" into the playoffs is another twist that I've heard some use in bigger pools, and I forget to add it above as another thing that should probably influence your plays.
    edited September 2013
    TommyL wrote: »
    Do you chop it up after week 17, or does it continue into the playoffs?

The "continuing" into the playoffs is another twist that I've heard some use in bigger pools, and I forget to add it above as another thing that should probably influence your plays.

I actually have 8 entries:

4 entries: 1 pick a week till week 12. Week 13-17 u make 2 picks a week and both must win. Survivor ends at week 17 and pot split if tie. (1,268 entrants remain)
    2 entries: 1 pick a week, runs till Super Bowl. (264 entrants remain)
    2 entries: Anti Survivor, pick 1 loser each week. 1 pick a week till week 13. Weeks 14-17 2 picks, both must lose. Ends week 17 also. (685 entrants remain)

In the pool that runs through playoffs I used Vikings for both entries this week.
  • JalapanoseJalapanose Banned
    edited September 2013
    ^^^ you can focus on all of that yet not take five minutes out of your day to set a fantasy baseball lineup. Weak sauce, thx for the donation though.
    edited September 2013
    Jalapanose wrote: »
    ^^^ you can focus on all of that yet not take five minutes out of your day to set a fantasy baseball lineup. Weak sauce, thx for the donation though.

Ur welcome, how much was it? $250? The time it takes to manage a fantasy baseball team far outweighs the pot you get for winning. I give you guys credit, it's just not for me.
  • tro19tro19 Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    FWIW I'm going to take Seattle this week. Minnesota is tempting, but I just don't know if I can trust Ponder. I'm going with the safer pick and hoping that hell doesn't freeze over and I'm making a pick in week 4. Thanks for the input guys.