Betting Talk

Conversation about a bookie today

buythehookbuythehook Senior Member
edited August 2013 in Sports Betting
I was at my friends house for a barb e que today and I was speaking to his brother who I have known for over 10 years. He is married to a nice Italian girl and he sometimes helps his father in law run a coffee shop in one of towns near my house. He is not Italian, neither am I, but our backgrounds and culture is very similar to Italians.

We were talking about football, fantasy and then betting. He was talking about guys he knows that are bookies in the area. The guys he knows are serious connected guys in north jersey. Not wanna be mafia guys, but heavey hitters from one of the 5 families up here in north jersey. He said he could make a call get me set up with an account if I wanted too. ( I said I know a couple of guys who wanted to play some games)

Here is my question? I have one bookie already and he is not connected at all, but I have used him for 2 years. I have another bookie, but, I just got him 3 months ago, don't know if he is connected or not. I'm afraid if I am playing Ras and Stevie y's plays, they will catch on and I don't want that kind of problems with these ppl.

Am I over thinking this or should I just get set up with them?? Plus I don't want any issues with my friend. We have tight community up here and I don't him talking shit about me gambling and causing problems. I'm not afraid of these guys, I'm just afraid of not getting paid.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Comments

• eug44eug44 Senior Member
    edited August 2013
    take the account and start them off slow, feel out the situation, bet half a unit a game with these guys and see how it goes
  • 2sportguy2sportguy Senior Member
    edited August 2013
    eug44 wrote: »
    take the account and start them off slow, feel out the situation, bet half a unit a game with these guys and see how it goes

This.................+ dont just bet steam , mix and match a whole bunch of stuff, especially NFL, throw in teasers and parlays...............Don't get greedy and you should be fine.
  • BuckyBadgerBuckyBadger Senior Member
    edited August 2013
    buythehook wrote: »
    I was at my friends house for a barb e que today and I was speaking to his brother who I have known for over 10 years. He is married to a nice Italian girl and he sometimes helps his father in law run a coffee shop in one of towns near my house. He is not Italian, neither am I, but our backgrounds and culture is very similar to Italians.

We were talking about football, fantasy and then betting. He was talking about guys he knows that are bookies in the area. The guys he knows are serious connected guys in north jersey. Not wanna be mafia guys, but heavey hitters from one of the 5 families up here in north jersey. He said he could make a call get me set up with an account if I wanted too. ( I said I know a couple of guys who wanted to play some games)

Here is my question? I have one bookie already and he is not connected at all, but I have used him for 2 years. I have another bookie, but, I just got him 3 months ago, don't know if he is connected or not. I'm afraid if I am playing Ras and Stevie y's plays, they will catch on and I don't want that kind of problems with these ppl.

Am I over thinking this or should I just get set up with them?? Plus I don't want any issues with my friend. We have tight community up here and I don't him talking shit about me gambling and causing problems. I'm not afraid of these guys, I'm just afraid of not getting paid.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

If there is any question in your own mind (and it seems likes there is), as to whether you should play with them or not,
    DON"T!!!
  • buythehookbuythehook Senior Member
    edited August 2013
    If there is any question in your own mind (and it seems likes there is), as to whether you should play with them or not,
    DON"T!!!

Bucky...there is a bad feeling I have, that's why I will probably not open an account. I just wanted to hear some other points of view.

Thanks
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited August 2013
    Go with your felling always
    Don't open account
    Walk away