edited June 2013 in Sports Betting
My NVL is +158. Good bet.

GL.

Comments

• Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited June 2013
    Hi,
    Welcome to BT.
    If you don't mind, could you start one thread where you have all your plays Dr.H?
    Not a must, but it's a bit more organised.

Good luck on your plays!
    Obi
  • worm33worm33 Senior Member
    edited June 2013
    I dont see how SF is going to score...Lineup will be out in a couple hours, but I have it as:

Toress
    T. Abreu
    Posey
    Pence
    Arias
    Perez
    Crawford
    H Sanchez

Pretty dang awful thats 5/8 guys who literally cant hit and im not even counting A Torress and his projected .700 OPS vs LH
  • pulse911pulse911 Senior Member
    edited June 2013
    They only won 6-0 yesterday. Braves are terrible
  • homerplayerhomerplayer Senior Member
    edited June 2013
    1. Welcome to the board dear dr.

2. fairly certain the price reflects any sort of line-up you could think up for the G-men

3. yesterday means nothing, score will be 0 - 0 today at first pitch

4. SF +193 is making me really happy, and even more so seeing SY and H on them.
  • BigPermBigPerm Senior Member
    edited June 2013
    Just to chime in.

Braves lineup today(which is out) 16-73 lifetime vs Gaudin .219. Uptons 3-28
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited June 2013
    BigPerm wrote: »
    Just to chime in.

Braves lineup today(which is out) 16-73 lifetime vs Gaudin .219. Uptons 3-28

I have no opinion in this game but Gaudin before his two starts this year he has been a middle inning relief pitcher since 2010 on 5 different teams and two of those teams were American league teams I don't see a total of 73 at bats from a relief pitcher over this time frame meaningful. But I will say if I had to play this game I would play S.Fran at that price until Atlanta shows something again. They scored 22 runs over there last 8 games and except for a couple of games were they scored 7 and 8 runs and facing only two front of the rotation pitchers they're having trouble hitting. Under 1st 5 doesn't seem bad if you don't think San Fran will hit. JMO
    edited June 2013
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    I have no opinion in this game but Gaudin before his two starts this year he has been a middle inning relief pitcher since 2010 on 5 different teams and two of those teams were American league teams I don't see a total of 73 at bats from a relief pitcher over this time frame meaningful. But I will say if I had to play this game I would play S.Fran at that price until Atlanta shows something again. They scored 22 runs over there last 8 games and except for a couple of games were they scored 7 and 8 runs and facing only two front of the rotation pitchers they're having trouble hitting. Under 1st 5 doesn't seem bad if you don't think San Fran will hit. JMO

In no way was those stats meant to lean anyone, just something to add.
    edited June 2013
    worm33 wrote: »
    I dont see how SF is going to score...Lineup will be out in a couple hours, but I have it as:

Toress
    T. Abreu
    Posey
    Pence
    Arias
    Perez
    Crawford
    H Sanchez

Pretty dang awful thats 5/8 guys who literally cant hit and im not even counting A Torress and his projected .700 OPS vs LH

Their lineup is even worse than you predicted
    edited June 2013
    BigPerm wrote: »
    Their lineup is even worse than you predicted

It's the exact same except they went with Quiroz at catcher instead of h Sanchez.
    edited June 2013
    Exactly worm....exactly
    edited June 2013
    Giants -1.5 +280
    Giants -2.5 +450

$200 on each
  • Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited June 2013
    so, everybody's expecting atlanta to keep hitting below their numbers?
    edited June 2013
    Obi One wrote: »
    so, everybody's expecting atlanta to keep hitting below their numbers?

It's a matter of until they show that they're hitting again, it could start today or possibly next week you can't predict when a teams not hitting when it will start. The only person hitting is Freeman. I think both Uptons are overrated, Uggla another star:) Heywood is a bust McCann I like but he's not exactly tearing it up. Gattis can play but will see moving forward with him.

They got off to that amazing start and I'm not going to look it up but I wonder what there record is after the first 20/25 games. I could go on and on with the Braves and they will be right there at the end but the division isn't what I would call tough.
    I'm just saying in today's game I can see people liking San Fran. I want no part of it.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited June 2013
    I played the SF team total under 3. Minor hasn't given up more than 2 runs in his last 7 starts. Can't see them(SF) scoring much today with that shit lineup.
  • Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited June 2013
    Minor a lot of smoke and mirrors imo. He's good. He ain't this good.

A lot of reasons listed here why Atlanta should win/SF sucks. Yeah, I mean it's a +182 dog. In all likelihood it will lose. But I think it wins ~39% of the time and I only need to win ~36% of the time for it to be a profitable bet. Closed +173. GL.

Tough to call Heyward a bust. He has started slow but his underlying stats tell a different story. Kid is a monster imo. Expect a huge 2h.
  • JalapanoseJalapanose Banned
    edited June 2013
    Doc, where ya from if ya don't mind me asking? See you just joined across the street as well and would like to hear a bit of your background if ya care to share.
    edited June 2013
    Don't mind me, I'm just a groovinmahoovin alias.
    edited June 2013
    I understand that he's only 23 and this is his 4th year so I'll rephrase saying he's been a bust up to this point.

Games Played 470
    At Bats 1656
    Home Runs 64
    RBI's 208
    K's 405
    Batting Avg 256 as a outfielder
    SLG 438
    ops 787
    SB 42
    CS 18 Why bother

Good Points
    OBP 349

As of right now he's a bust but he's 23 and a nice Swing and I don't watch him enough to know why. Had dinner Thursday night with friends as I mention in another post to Jake to explain why I didn't answer his question in time before the Miami game well one of the guys is the lead guy in truck for the Atlanta Braves that dictates where camera goes and what shots you know when they go to the dugout and stuff like that it's a big job. He's with the team on the planes Etc: He's on Vacation and has a house here in Vegas and we get together when he's in town.We talked a little about some of the players but not
    Heywood you hear sometimes on the Braves radio or TV when there's a good shot of something that happen and the announcers will say great job Joe V. He's in town I have to ask him about this kid.
    edited June 2013
    Heyward is a complete bust. He will never be anything. He should be in minors with uggla and upton
    edited June 2013
    pulse911 wrote: »
    Heyward is a complete bust. He will never be anything. He should be in minors with uggla and upton

Heyward will be just fine. Walks are up. Strikeouts are down. Babip way down very unlucky so far will be a stud.
  • organic313organic313 Senior Member
    edited June 2013
    jesus christ
  • BigABigA Senior Member
    edited June 2013
    turrible.jpg
  • BetDocBetDoc Member
    edited June 2013
    Not being critical of the play as there was value in the Giants today, a team that hits a lot better than this group recognizes, but the crowd seems to know you? Did I miss something in another thread? Are you Fezzick or another LV celeb? You seem knowledgeable but usually this crowd scares off unknowns. I lurk but I like to know who I am lurking. Thanks

Doc
    edited June 2013
    worm33 wrote: »
    Heyward will be just fine. Walks are up. Strikeouts are down. Babip way down very unlucky so far will be a stud.

My definition of a stud is 300 avg 30/35 110/120 for more then a year.

2010 142 Games 91 Walks 128 K's
    2011 128 games 51 Walks 93 k's
    2012 158 Games 58 Walks 152 K's
    2013 so far 42 Games 19 Walks 32 K's.

Like I said he's only 23 but he'll never fulfill the expectations they had for him when he came. Major League Ball Player Yes All the different stats they use and how he's been unlucky. He's been unlucky going on 4 years now. He's got time but as far as a stud I don't think so ever. He's hitting in the 2 hole that also not a great spot for him K's to much. But that's today's lineup I can't tell you if it's a regular thing. a stud maybe he'll have a year later on but let me know when he's considered a stud. He's an under achiever and I thing he'll always be that way.
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited June 2013
    Maybe he should try some deer antler spray like the others and boost that ba avg
    Regardless of outcome Giants where the right play
    edited June 2013
    Dr. H wrote: »
    My NVL is +158. Good bet.

GL.

That's a tough one, Stevie Y had them also and I follow Stevie Y I just don't post his plays in my thread. After losing with the Mets and Baltimore could have really used that one. Thanks for play. Relievers and there walks that was the kiss of death.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited June 2013
    I agree with OT, Heyward may yet live up to expectations, but at some point, you are what you are, not what people thought you would be. When he first came up he was a huge prospect, one of those can't miss guys. So far in his career he's been a disappointment considering what was expected from him. Yes, he's still young enough to become a star, but time is running out.
  • kdogkdog Senior Member
    edited June 2013
    That's a tough one, Stevie Y had them also and I follow Stevie Y I just don't post his plays in my thread. After losing with the Mets and Baltimore could have really used that one. Thanks for play. Relievers and there walks that was the kiss of death.

Totally figures though OT. Get enough offense from a not very good lineup, the shaky spot starter comes through and the very solid back of the bullpen blows it. Been like that all season but the last three weeks....one wtf after another:(
    edited June 2013
    My definition of a stud is 300 avg 30/35 110/120 for more then a year.

2010 142 Games 91 Walks 128 K's
    2011 128 games 51 Walks 93 k's
    2012 158 Games 58 Walks 152 K's
    2013 so far 42 Games 19 Walks 32 K's.

Like I said he's only 23 but he'll never fulfill the expectations they had for him when he came. Major League Ball Player Yes All the different stats they use and how he's been unlucky. He's been unlucky going on 4 years now. He's got time but as far as a stud I don't think so ever. He's hitting in the 2 hole that also not a great spot for him K's to much. But that's today's lineup I can't tell you if it's a regular thing. a stud maybe he'll have a year later on but let me know when he's considered a stud. He's an under achiever and I thing he'll always be that way.

You already said it right away...Hes 23.. Is he Trout or Harper no....But when hes in his prime he will achieve some great success. And he did hit 27 homers last year...
    edited June 2013
    BetDoc wrote: »
    Are you Fezzik?

I sure hope not :)

I'm actually the cousin of someone that most of you guys are probably familiar with. He suggested that I join here for a few reasons, not the least of which was buffetgambler's plays. I'd prefer not to say who the person is for a few reasons, mostly because I want to be judged independently of that person. Doesn't really matter who I am. Whether or not people think I'm a valuable poster will tell the story.