Comments

• JalapanoseJalapanose Banned
    edited June 2013
    LBJ was amazing tonight.
  • jammerjammer Senior Member
    edited June 2013
    Jalapanose wrote: »
    LBJ was amazing tonight.

Tonight? How about every game! He played with a "hurt" Wade who stunk, Bosh who was non existent, and a bunch of role players. He totally carried this team.
  • Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited June 2013
    "2 hundred and 13 nba champeens"

-David Stern.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited June 2013
    Now maybe the idiot talking heads will finally get off his back, he was incredible in the last two games when his team needed him the most.
  • JalapanoseJalapanose Banned
    edited June 2013
    jammer wrote: »
    Tonight? How about every game! He played with a "hurt" Wade who stunk, Bosh who was non existent, and a bunch of role players. He totally carried this team.

You're correct on all counts.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited June 2013

Apparently you didn't see him in game four, and he played great tonight, 23 and 10 for a guy playing on two bad knees.
  • BeardedTacoBeardedTaco Senior Member
    edited June 2013

meh if they lose game 6 ppl are ripping him for his turnovers and poor play down the stretch
  • spiderman77spiderman77 Senior Member
    edited June 2013
    meh if they lose game 6 ppl are ripping him for his turnovers and poor play down the stretch

That is correct, he had a horrible final minute of game 6. And had they lost, he would have been the goat of the series, but they let him off the hook. He made the most of his mulligan by having a stellar game 7.
    edited June 2013

Did you see the 4th quarter he had in Game 6- one of the best ever- jesus!!
    edited June 2013
    That is correct, he had a horrible final minute of game 6. And had they lost, he would have been the goat of the series, but they let him off the hook. He made the most of his mulligan by having a stellar game 7.

Now you're micro managing this guy down to every minute- wow!!
    edited June 2013
    kane wrote: »
    Apparently you didn't see him in game four, and he played great tonight, 23 and 10 for a guy playing on two bad knees.

When he doesn't play well he always seems to be hurt and all the announcers run with it. He is just a mediocre player at this point.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited June 2013
    When he doesn't play well he always seems to be hurt and all the announcers run with it. He is just a mediocre player at this point.

Wrong, the guy played the entire playoffs with a deep knee bruise, I know it might not sound like much, but it's exremely painful. When healthy he's still a great player. Wait till next year when his knee is fine and see the kind of player he is.
    edited June 2013
    Kane = Wade's agent
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited June 2013
    Dr H, you're a knowledgeable NBA guy, in your opinion when healthy, do you think Wade is just a mediocre player? I'm not saying he's the Wade from 2006 when he single handidly dominated the Mavericks, but when he's not injured he's still closer to great than mediocre. BTW, he shot a career high from the field this year at 52%, find me a two guard that makes more than half his shots.
    edited June 2013
    He's a good player when he's healthy. He's never healthy, and I don't see that getting better. But my issue isn't specifically with him, he's just not the greatest fit to play with James because he can't spread the floor, he's selfish and hijacks the offense, and he makes far too much money thus leaving Miami with no roster flexibility. The Heat are in some serious trouble financially and roster wise, unless Arison is going to eat the luxury tax. This will never happen, but they should look to trade him for 'Bron accessories this off season, although I don't know who'd want him. A guy that can stroke it from the arc and is simply mediocre in every other aspect of the game would be better for James/Miami than Wade.
    edited June 2013
    Finals:

O-Rtg/D-Rtg with LBJ/Wade: 100.8/112.7
    O-Rtg/D-Rtg with LBJ/NO Wade: 131.7/89.5
    edited June 2013
    That's the thing though "when healthy". He missed 30 games a few years ago and 13 last year and always seems to be playing hurt. He has digressed across the board big time the last few years, and had a very mediocre playoffs this year. He does show glimpses here and there when he seems to go to the next level. I just don't count on him being healthy and see his minutes in the low 30's. That's fine though as a compliment to Lebron. Wade not at his best is still better than most players.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited June 2013
    Dr. H wrote: »
    He's a good player when he's healthy. He's never healthy, and I don't see that getting better. But my issue isn't specifically with him, he's just not the greatest fit to play with James because he can't spread the floor, he's selfish and hijacks the offense, and he makes far too much money thus leaving Miami with no roster flexibility. The Heat are in some serious trouble financially and roster wise, unless Arison is going to eat the luxury tax. This will never happen, but they should look to trade him for 'Bron accessories this off season, although I don't know who'd want him. A guy that can stroke it from the arc and is simply mediocre in every other aspect of the game would be better for James/Miami than Wade.

Yes when him and Lebron are on the floor at the same time, the spacing isn't there, but the guy does so many things on the court to help his team win, last night for example, he grabbed ten boards, not bad for a two guard. Wade and Lebron have been together three years, they've reached the finals all three times, winning two rings, I'd say things are going pretty much the way Riley envisioned it. You guys keep doubting him, and he'll keep collecting rings.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited June 2013
    Kane = Wade's agent

Well now that Ray Lewis is retired, I had to pick up someone:)
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited June 2013

In 2008 he missed a total of 3 games, in 2009 he missed a total of 5 games, in 2010 he missed a total of 6 games, in 2011 he did miss a good chunk of the season playing in only 49 games, and this past year he missed a total of 13 games, but a majority of those were games where the Heat was just resting him for the playoffs, they did that with a lot of their players, as the games at the end of the season were basically meaningless so it's a bit misleading, I would hardly call that never being healthy. As far as trading him, I find that comment pretty funny, thanks for the chuckle.
    edited June 2013
    Any response to the efficiency ratings with/without him? I'll wait until you're done felatting him.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited June 2013
    Any response to the efficiency ratings with/without him? I'll wait until you're done felatting him.

Way to keep it classy. I don't care about your efficiency ratings, or advanced metrics, or any other stats, all I know is I want D-Wade on my team. He avg 21 pts 5 rebs and 5 assts per game this year, while shooting a career best 52% from the field. Numbers don't always tell the whole story about a player, the guy makes plays to help his team win. Like I said, you keep hating, and he'll keep winning.
    edited June 2013
    I don't care about your efficiency ratings, or advanced metrics, or any other stats

I think we've found the crux of the issue. That's pretty much all I care about. No real point in discussing further I suppose.

The felatting comment was meant to be in jest. My apologies if you took it differently.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited June 2013
    I think we've found the crux of the issue. That's pretty much all I care about. No real point in discussing further I suppose.

The felatting comment was meant to be in jest. My apologies if you took it differently.

Apology accepted. I still like you and respect your opinions and I'm glad you're posting again, we'll just have to agree to disagree about Wade. BTW, to me this is what makes a forum good, nothing wrong with a little back and forth, same as if we were sitting in a bar throwing back a couple of cold ones and arguing about sports. think how boring things would be if everyone always agreed about everything. Also, I will admit I can have a blind spot when it comes to Wade, even though I'm not really a Heat fan, Wade is one of my favorite athletes off all time so I can get a little defensive at times (in case you hadn't noticed). We move on.
  • BeardedTacoBeardedTaco Senior Member
    edited June 2013
    last night bosh certainly didnt help my statement of him possibly being a better sidekick (assuming he could rebound more) vs wade lol
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited June 2013
    im gonna simply say now that if they don't upgrade yet again, they won't win another one with this same team. just my opinion.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited June 2013
    newcombe wrote: »
    im gonna simply say now that if they don't upgrade yet again, they won't win another one with this same team. just my opinion.

That's fair Newc, but even though I'm sure Pat Riley will tweak the roster a little, Let's assume the Heat's roster returns intact, they would still be the favorites to win it all next season, of course that doesn't guarantee anything, but they will be the odds on whether or not any moves are made. Once college football gets closer, let me know what you think of your boys this year, can't wait for the season to start.
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited June 2013
    That's fair Newc, but even though I'm sure Pat Riley will tweak the roster a little, Let's assume the Heat's roster returns intact, they would still be the favorites to win it all next season, of course that doesn't guarantee anything, but they will be the odds on whether or not any moves are made. Once college football gets closer, let me know what you think of your boys this year, can't wait for the season to start.

another year with Martinez at the helm. I pray the defense comes around. Pelini is a pretty awful recruiter so I don't expect a whole lot this year again.
  • Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited June 2013

Dr,

When it comes to the use of advanced metrics, and given the fact that you're fairly new to this board, would you mind if I ask:
    Which sport is your favorite to cap and which one are you best at?
    edited June 2013
    Obi One wrote: »
    Dr,

When it comes to the use of advanced metrics, and given the fact that you're fairly new to this board, would you mind if I ask:
    Which sport is your favorite to cap and which one are you best at?

Baseball and baseball.