Betting Talk

The Voice

tro19tro19 Senior Member
edited June 2013 in Sports Betting
Been watching this show and I think there is some value on these plays. Odds are from Bovada. There maybe better odds out there, I'm just posting these.

Sasha Allen 8-1

Up until last week, she's been flying under the radar. Big voice, I think she should be in the top 4.

Danielle Bradbury 14-1

Great value here. She's a child phenom at 16 yrs old. Very popular on the show and has a huge voice. The sky is the limit here IMO, 14-1 is a gift.

Thoughts much apreciated. Thanks

Comments

• GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited May 2013
    I think the top 2 are deserved chalk (I actually bet Team Adam +250 after he got them in the first two audition episodes).

I like Danielle Bradbury. Sasha didn't stand out to me, but I have to admit I don't pay close attention in the early rounds, so not saying you're wrong about her. To be honest, wasn't a huge fan of many contestants this season, but again, could be partially b/c I wasn't playing close enough attention.
  • tro19tro19 Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    Agree with Team Adam as well as he has the most talent IMO, but really like Danielle at those odds, and Sasha hasn't showed her best yet. I think she could be a sleeper. Thanks for the input Goats.
    edited May 2013
    Surprising voting results for Adam's team last night. Sarah, the favorite to win it all, wasn't even in the top-2 of his team. He saved her of course, and it could have been one of those I'm not bothering to vote for the favorite" scenarios that happens in these type shows, just not what anyone was expecting. I actually think America saved his weakest member (Amber), forcing him to boot the songwriter chick who I kind of liked, but obviously my Team Adam bet was based on Sarah/Judith.

FWIW, still like your long shot, Danielle. Still not overly impressed by Sasha. But like I said, very few contestants impressed me this season, so I think there's plenty of mediocre contestants to get through before we get to the actual contenders.
  • KidHuskerKidHusker Member
    edited May 2013
    Goats, I'm surprised noone has impressed you so far. I mean it is pretty early and sometimes it has taken awhile for strong ones to break out (Cassidy and Juliette for example). Maybe it's the Makers, but I think this is one of the best groups from top to bottom.

Agree with you on the voting results regarding Sarah. I was also surprised to hear multiple judges say "I didn't see this coming"...kind of a slight to the ones that were picked by America. In Adam's case though I do agree, while I think Amber is actually pretty good she's clearly not as good as Judith or Sarah.
    edited May 2013
    Quick question: Do either of you know if the voting will be like last year from this point? Where the bottom 2 are eliminated regardless of the coach.
    edited May 2013
    KidHusker wrote: »
    Goats, I'm surprised noone has impressed you so far. I mean it is pretty early and sometimes it has taken awhile for strong ones to break out (Cassidy and Juliette for example). Maybe it's the Makers, but I think this is one of the best groups from top to bottom.

Probably just different tastes in music or my growing boredom with singing competition shows in general which is causing me to pay less attention. I tend to like contestants who are unique, so I wind up not being as big a fan of say a traditional female r&b singer with a big voice that America may feel is amazing (like Candice on Idol).
    edited May 2013
    Quick question: Do either of you know if the voting will be like last year from this point? Where the bottom 2 are eliminated regardless of the coach.

EDIT: It appears so. The wikipedia page shows next week being top 12 with the following week being top 10, so I can only assume it's the same as last season.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Voice_%28U.S._season_4%29#Episodes_17.E2.80.9318:_Top_12_Perform_Live
    edited May 2013
    Cool thanks - couldn't find anything on their website about it.

I understand what you're saying with all the singing shows out there. This is the only one I'm succumbed to anymore and I'm finding it more enjoyable without Aguilara on.
    edited May 2013
    Cool thanks - couldn't find anything on their website about it.

I understand what you're saying with all the singing shows out there. This is the only one I'm succumbed to anymore and I'm finding it more enjoyable without Aguilara on.

I don't even know why I'm still watching Idol, might be my last season. I'm not a big Christina fan either, but Usher and Shakira get kinda quiet at times. At least Christina would fight with Adam a bit.
  • TexasHookEmTexasHookEm Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    Goats wrote: »
    I don't even know why I'm still watching Idol, might be my last season.

Worst season ever, I stopped watching over a month ago. I feel like sometimes they totally forget that you not only have to sing well, but also be current for Americans to get off their asses and buy music. Having people like that Lazaro guy go so far is pointless, unless you think America is begging for a sleepy Christmas carol album.
  • cabster13cabster13 Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    Worst season ever, I stopped watching over a month ago. I feel like sometimes they totally forget that you not only have to sing well, but also be current for Americans to get off their asses and buy music. Having people like that Lazaro guy go so far is pointless, unless you think America is begging for a sleepy Christmas carol album.

Idol just lost me voting off Angie Miller tonight..... horrible choice AMERICA!
    edited May 2013
    cabster13 wrote: »

Wow, I thought she was going to win for sure.
    edited May 2013
    cabster13 wrote: »

Agreed.
  • cabster13cabster13 Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    Spoke with someone close to Casey James (who appeared this year live and was a middle of the pack contestant several years ago) that Angie will be the real winner finishing 3rd. His comment today was that the top two will have to basically sign their contractual lives away to the Idol guru's and Angie will fare just as well and be allowed to pretty much make her own deals. To that I say kudo's AMERICA as Angie has more potential and talent than the rest of the original top 12 combined!
    edited May 2013
    Just checked the props on this event. Interesting as Bradbury has moved to 7/4 and is now the favorite. Allen down to 6/1.
    edited May 2013
    tro19 wrote: »
    Just checked the props on this event. Interesting as Bradbury has moved to 7/4 and is now the favorite. Allen down to 6/1.

Not sure how much to read into their lines, but some surprises there for sure. Told ya I liked Bradbury, not sure why she's the favorite, but definitely agreed 14-1 was a solid bet.

I'm kinda wondering how Amber (who I didn't even think would make Adam's top 3) became the 3rd choice and Sarah went from favorite to 7-1. Still like my Team Adam bet, but would feel a lot better if I had had access to Bradbury 14-1 at the time you mentioned the bet as that would be one hell of a portfolio (I don't use Bovada anymore). In any case, I think one of us is going to win. :)
    edited May 2013
    Just got around to watching the results show from last night on DVR. While my Team Adam bet just died (and you have the stone cold nuts tro, congrats), given the tiny amount I had on it, I think I can comment without it coming off as sour grapes.

WTF? :surprised:

Judith was preparing to do a duet with Michael Jackson when he passed and Sarah has an amazing, unique voice. Not even top 6? Really?

I loved Adam's face at the very end. Clearly he was thinking the same thing. I normally fast forward through a lot of the show, but am interested to hear what the judges have to say next episode.
    edited May 2013
    Goats wrote: »
    WTF? :surprised:

Didn't see the show, but that is insane those two are gone. Earlier in the season, I thought Adam said Danielle was the one to beat as a motivational factor for his team, not because he completely believed it. I think it might have been one of those situations where everyone who voted thought Judith and Sarah would be safe, so they instead voted on people they thought were in actual jeopardy of being eliminated.
  • BigPermBigPerm Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    How much trouble will I be in if I call everyone in this post (except me) gay?
    edited May 2013
    BigPerm wrote: »
    How much trouble will I be in if I call everyone in this post (except me) gay?

Not much, but using a homophobic slur because people watch a reality show (and try to profit from it) is kinda lame IMO.

I'm man enough to admit that The Voice is far from the most effeminate show I watch (and have bet on). But to each his own.

#bettingonthebachelorafteraspoilersitepostedthewinner
    edited May 2013
    I have to say I'm a little surprised as Sarah getting ousted as I thought she'd be in the top 3. As far as Judith, I think people have the thought that she's already had some success in the past. Just a thought. Lets hope my 2 are there at the end and Bradbury takes it.
    edited May 2013
    In reply to BigPerm, you have your opinion that is fine. I don't usually respond to negative stuff, and maybe you were just joking, but I will leave you with this. I don't claim to be a great capper, and I don't post here a lot as I'm a single father and don't have a lot of time to cap. I do this for fun and if I can post something that may help someone make a play, then great. I don't expect people to follow as my record has not been great over the years, but I feel its only fair that I contribute something to the board rather than just following other people's plays. Good luck to you as I enjoy your input and respect your plays.
  • jjvoitjjvoit Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    That was one of the biggest eliminations in any of these shows. Judith put on an unreal performance, but sometimes the song choice is the issue and possibly it wasnt popular enough. I didnt know it, but after she performed it I thought that was one of the best Id seen in a while and fast forwarded. SHocking IMO.
  • BigPermBigPerm Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    tro19 wrote: »
    In reply to BigPerm, you have your opinion that is fine. I don't usually respond to negative stuff, and maybe you were just joking, but I will leave you with this. I don't claim to be a great capper, and I don't post here a lot as I'm a single father and don't have a lot of time to cap. I do this for fun and if I can post something that may help someone make a play, then great. I don't expect people to follow as my record has not been great over the years, but I feel its only fair that I contribute something to the board rather than just following other people's plays. Good luck to you as I enjoy your input and respect your plays.

Yes. Of course I was joking. I wasn't going to KID around until
    I saw GOATS in the thread.

Get it...KID/GOATS lol.

Anyway. Just messing around for laughs.
    edited May 2013
    All good BP, I figured so, but thanks for clearing it up. I'm not on here enough to know how to take people. Anyways, keep the winners coming.
    edited June 2013
    I must say my sports handicapping skills are average at best, but its nice hit one of these big ones. 0-2 for baseball tonight, but hit the one that counts. As the late WWF wrestler Yokozuna would say, "Bonzaaaaaaiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!"