Betting Talk

Is Bill Walton More F'd Up

lakers22lakers22 Senior Member
edited March 2013 in Sports Betting
than I am sitting on my couch 10 beers in?...I mean really...who hired this fucking guy?

Comments

• lakers22lakers22 Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    even his partner doesn't know what to say...he's flustered by Walton's nonsense..i mean really..its AWKWARD!!!!

Fire him at the half..
  • okoilmanokoilman Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    Can't stand him myself. I think he has smoked too much weed out there in California. Last night on a pass he commented "that looked like Pistol Pete Maravich" and the play by play guy commented "I wouldn't go that far".

You ought to try listening sober
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited March 2013
    My favorite announcing moment yesterday came in the Tennessee-Alabama game, courtesy of Jimmy Dykes...53% FT shoot steps to the line and drains the first one. Dykes then says "well, the percentages would tell you that he's likely to miss this second attempt".
  • tribecalledjefftribecalledjeff Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    TommyL wrote: »
    My favorite announcing moment yesterday came in the Tennessee-Alabama game, courtesy of Jimmy Dykes...53% FT shoot steps to the line and drains the first one. Dykes then says "well, the percentages would tell you that he's likely to miss this second attempt".

Ugh. That hurts my brain.

Not quite as bad, but similarly, is when announcers/fans/writers/etc think that when a 70% FT shooter steps to the line to shoot 2 at the end of a close game, that they "should" make both. If/when they don't, then they failed to come through in the clutch even though he'll only make both less than half of the time.
  • coachcoach Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    Bill doesn,t lack self esteem,,,,i,m a little tired of the stories....