Betting Talk

OT..Who can relate?

lakers22lakers22 Senior Member
edited March 2013 in Sports Betting
gambling and marriage are so hard to manage....so many great people here..wondering how many people can relate...winning lots of money but i def have a very hard time managing both aspects of my life..its so freaking hard to be involved in sports wagering (considering the amount of time YOU MUST manage and pay attention to whats going on) and managing the other part of my life..

just got the annual, you are so fucking engrossed in gambling speech from the wife..if i don't FUCKING PAY ATTention i lose..she doesn't get that...man....

can't win....crushing it today but just got hit over the head w/the proverbial hammer from the wife..

Comments

• DubbsDubbs Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    Try adding kids to the equation!
  • lakers22lakers22 Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    i've got 3 dubbs..6 yr old and 4 yr old twins
  • DubbsDubbs Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    My bad!
    edited March 2013
    no prob bro
  • BigKahunaBigKahuna Banned
    edited March 2013
    Choose a day.. 1 day a week, no gambling, no watching sports, etc. Anything she wants to do with you alone or with the kids. Just an idea.
  • blackbullblackbull Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    Daylight savings time was clearly not created with the sports investor in mind. 16+ hour working days right now and we lose an hour?!!! I'm with you sport ;-)
    edited March 2013
    funny..

as my wife went to bed an hour ago i'm up hanging on this steviey under...

i'm watching manhattan vs loyola..to me it's like going to watch greyhound dogs run instead of going to watch the ponies in Saratoga..big effing difference..kind of comical actually..it's slightly better than high school basketball....the officiating is awful..bad decisions all over the floor by the players..just bad basketball
  • blueblue Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    I am a recreational gambler, and limit myself to about an hour a day of prep time. I spend most of that time dealing with overnight lines when the kid is in bed. My wife finds this reasonable. I also have 3 TV's set up in the basement, so I can still follow games which watching tv with the wife and kid. Lastly, I give her about half my winnings each year, and she does with it as she pleases. With only an hour available, I really have to focus on one sport and in the case of college football or basketball, a few conferences in order to be profitable.
  • buythehookbuythehook Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    I totally understand what ur saying. I have given my wife thousands of dollars and gifts over the years and she still has a problem with it. I have stopped being on my phone as much and even stopped watching it on TV at times... It doesn't matter... My wife is always complaining about this or something else. I spend quality time with her and my new born baby and do things around the house, etc. I don't do a lot of research because I use Stevie and RAS for my plays.

My wife is very anal and has very stressful personality and that's the biggest reason why I get a lot push back.

Good luck
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    My wife understands me and I her
    Married 33 years
    3 Successful Children
    1 Granddauhter, 1 on way - girl

One of the individuals that I most respected when I flew all over the country for Ford; taught me this. You must spend absolute quality time with wife, then family

Helped save my marriage

She respects my gambling time as my other work time because she has her private time still

Corny??? It is vert important

BEST
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited March 2013
    I hope this doesn't come off the wrong way, but I have to echo some of Okie's sentiments. I can't imagine going through life without my wife being accepting of my lifestyle. Sure she's not happy when my work occasionally interferes with things (for example I had to duck out of my niece's 3rd b-day party yesterday to bet Stevie's releases a couple times), but most people's jobs interfere with life in some way, and in the end, she understands this is what helps pay our bills and it comes with plenty of perks to go with the negatives.

Everyone has to set their own priorities, so I'm just sharing my perspective, not trying to tell anyone how to live. I have to gamble to earn a living, but my relationship with my wife will always be the most important aspect of my life.