Betting Talk

And so it ends....

TheRebTheReb Senior Member
edited March 2013 in Sports Betting
"Season 3" March Madness, thought it would be easier to navigate with a new thread for Mar, link to "Season 1" (pre conference) for reference:

http://www.bettingtalk.com/threads/1...d-so-it-begins

and "Season 2" (conference) for reference:

http://www.bettingtalk.com/threads/171852-And-so-it-continues...?highlight=continues

CBB ytd:

131-130-7 -13.00
143-144-7 -15.40

Time to make up the juice and then some!! Who would of thunk it as we turned the page to March...Zags #1 entering the madness, very happy for Mark Few as he is well deserving of the accomplishment :clap:

[830] TOTAL u137
(KENT STATE vrs AKRON)

[849] ILLINOIS CHICAGO +6

[858] SANTA CLARA -10½

[872] FAIRFIELD -8½

[875] EASTERN KENTUCKY -1½

[882] MERCER -8

Much has been made about the suspension on Abreu, I would imagine the coach is going to preach a defensive tempo without his PG who leads with assists, I can envision a lot more passing around the perimeter in this one than normally would be. So taking the under route. Made Flames +3, so now that it's +6 will bite. LM has to face a rested Bronco's team after playing back to backs will lay the wood. E KY laying cheap to a less than stellar Racers squad. GL today!

Comments

• JalapanoseJalapanose Banned
    edited March 2013
    I tend to agree with your analysis of the kent total. There is a mega-sharp poster who shared the over 36 though.
  • TheRebTheReb Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    Jalapanose wrote: »
    I tend to agree with your analysis of the kent total. There is a mega-sharp poster who shared the over 36 though.

I think I'm 1 for 4 on ttls so wouldn't surprise me one iota but just can't see them running up and down without him. Hope it's doggie and under for us ;)
  • JalapanoseJalapanose Banned
    edited March 2013
    Oh, I am not playing it either way unless I can go O136. This guy >>>>> my thoughts
  • tribecalledjefftribecalledjeff Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    Jalapanose wrote: »
    This guy >>>>> my thoughts

right.gif
  • GooseSTLGooseSTL Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    I have 138, so gonna follow w the under. GL to us.
    edited March 2013
    CBB ytd:

133-133-8 unweighted -14.30
    145-147-8 weighted -16.70

[526] KENTUCKY +6½-110

[529] IOWA STATE -3-110

[549] MARQUETTE -7½-110

[560] MIAMI FLORIDA -13½-110

[568] BOISE STATE -2-110 2units

[598] AIR FORCE +3½-110

[629] DUKE +2-110

Calipari has told the kids if they beat the Gators they're in, whether or not that's true is another story but don't tell the kids that...expect a charged atmosphere at Rupp, have to take pts. here...Cyclone's need this one, Mountaineer's lost & disappointing season, Johnnies just want to get past this one, Cane's need a nice win for confidence, this would be the spot, favorite game of the day blue and orange double bagger as Boise needs this one to punch a ticket and they have the team to do it, watched them play a great game on Tues., too many scoring options vs. an Aztec team that knows they will most likely see this same Boise team in first round of tourney...Bronc's gave SDST. all they could handle at their home court and came up just short...they get the job done today IMO....AF what BTD said...Duke still > than improving Heels. GL Today!!
  • BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    Reb-- I've got a hunch UNLV kicks ass today-- but I'm snake-bit with them, so not betting, just watching. Have fun at the game.
    edited March 2013
    Reb-- I've got a hunch UNLV kicks ass today-- but I'm snake-bit with them, so not betting, just watching. Have fun at the game.

Thanks BTD, should be fun white out and senior day...Marshall, Hawkins, & Thomas last "home game" (kind of silly with the tourney here), feel the same way, but with Fresno's tempo (and they are an improved young team) laying dd has not been the best remedy with this Reb team so can understand the snake bites...I tend not to play them so I can really enjoy the game, occasionally if I feel real strong on a line or total I will but with so many other options rather just be a fan. BOL today, hopefully a fun and profitable one (Go Bronc's) ;)
    edited March 2013
    CBB ytd:

138-135-8 unweighted -11.50
    151-149-8 weighted -12.90

[526] Nate Wolters -8-110

[541] MD EASTERN SHORE +12-110

[1526] 1H Nate Wolters -4½-110

Was going to take James Mad. until Ed posted the other side, may still take it if it can squeeze out the hook to 2', it is their 3rd in 3days but they are playing close to home and NE did have to have a monster effort to get to this game...gut still says the Dukes to me so will pull trigger @ 2' if it gets there. Jackrabbits seem to be a popular choice which worries me just a tad, but they should shine if they don't overlook this game. Let's keep it going, nice day the other day with a Shane Larkin missed FT from going 6-1. Looking forward to the WCC game tonight at the Orleans Arena. BOL today all -R
  • BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    Can't believe they opened the Rebels a 10 point fav vs AF. Also looking at Boise +3.5 vs SDSU. Any thoughts?
    edited March 2013
    CBB ytd:

139-137-8 unweighted -12.70
    152-151-8 weighted -14.10

Let me get these out of the way first MWC tourny:

[573] NEVADA +3 (curr. +3' @ Pinny but knowing most aren't able to get it put the +3 for honest record keeping purposes ;-)

[639] AIR FORCE +10 2units

[641] FRESNO STATE +9½

[645] BOISE STATE +4

Notice a common theme here, lol, this conf tourny @ neutral site albeit Rebs, would expect the parity of the teams in this conf. to favor the dogs. With regard to the Rebs, they have struggled mightily with the cadets and with their recent loss at home to Fresno, they will happy to survive and advance let alone a dd win. AF will come into this game with a lot of confidence from their experienced squad. Felt like Wolfpack played out sched. at end of season for the lopsided losses waiting for tourny, think they will put forth a decent effort here. Fresno has come a long way with its young team from opening day, they play for this coach with composure...tempo and defense they play with make the points look like good value here against a very tough and formidable Rams team. Boise will be confident as well vs. the Aztecs, feel a lot more comfortable taking points in this one rather than laying them. -R
    edited March 2013
    CBB ytd:

140-140-8 unweighted -15.00
    153-155-8 weighted -17.50

[831] MICHIGAN -2

[862] GEORGETOWN -1

[880] UNLV -4 2units

Time to shine primetime...Wolverines have looked a bit vulnerable but laying a bucket is more than fair with what I have this lined at on neutral venue. GT line looks too easy and at the end I believe it will have been, they should be more than adequate vs. their familiar foe who had to deal with a typical physical Pitt team...lastly call me a homer if you will but this is finally a Reb game that I can get my arms around. Whether Dorian Green plays or not the Rebs match up very well and at "home" should win this one fairly easy. Birch handled Iverson very well in the game I witnessed at the T&M and with Bennett's shoulder seemingly fine as he scored 23 and ripped down 7 boards along with Moser looking like his old self I see this one as a 7-10 pt. win. Looking back on the end of the season, I'm pretty convinced this team played it out after knowing NM had it locked up and focused on taking the tourney title. With a potential 4 seed looming I can see two more convincing wins tonight and tomorrow. GL today!
    edited March 2013
    [529] MICHIGAN STATE +2

[534] UNLV -2

[538] LOUISVILLE -5

Really like Izzo's team as a dog here, come tourney time they are usually money, Rebs looked great last night and I expect more of the same today at the Mack...crowd should be split pretty well but still like the depth and swagger they have developed. The 'Ville are playing an Orange team that is going for it's fourth in a row against a defense that is relentless...I expect the Cards to pull away in this one for the cover. GL today!
    edited March 2013
    adding:

[538] TOTAL u124-110 (SYRACUSE vs LOUISVILLE)

Not really getting this total, Cards have held most of it's opponents for the year under 60, this 'Cuse team is not the most prolific scoring offense and couple that with it being its 4th in 4 along with the title game pressure et al. "neutral" venue, zone D should have been some help on the legs more so than having had to go man to man for 4 days but even with that I can see this being along the lines of 63-56 or so, thus I had to play it. I'd be curious to hear Helmut's thoughts on it in any case.
    edited March 2013
    CBB ytd:

142-145-8 unweighted -18.50
    156-160-8 weighted -20.00

Keeping things in perspective: What a range of emotions this weekend, found out my wife's mother has terminal lung cancer (never smoked a day in her life) but it is more the result from breast cancer 8 yrs. ago...then my son finds out he was accepted to a one year fellowship at the Nat'l Institute of Health (currently finishing 3rd yr. med school rotations) and his area of passion has been oncology...he will be the first person ever from the state of Nevada to get accepted into the program. Finding out those two extremes within about an hours time was an experience that I can't even put into words but it certainly does put the extremes and values of life into perspective. The irony of the title of this thread is what brought me to write this, not that it coincides with championship and selection Sunday. Make sure you take a minute to enjoy your loved ones today ;-)
    edited March 2013
    [544] MARYLAND -10

[545] ST. JOHNS +6½

Terps have the distinction of being the first team to have beaten a #1 RPI rated team twice in the same season and not make the big dance...normally you would think they would be disappointed, however, they knew they weren't going and didn't even watch the selection show. On the other hand, they finished the last few games with great attitude and they should cover this number on their home court as they look to go deep in this tourney.

St. Johns gives Lavin effort, can't say the same for this St Joes team aside from the effort they gave in their conf. tourney they were a disappointment for much of the season, Johnnies have a team that could win this outright so taking 6' works for me. GL
  • Matteo5Matteo5 Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    Reb, not sure how I missed your post on Sunday. I am so sorry to hear the news about your mother-in-law. I have walked that path with my wife and know how difficult it can be. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Congratulations on your son and his accomplishments. I know you are very proud of him. Hang in there. All the best...Matt
    edited March 2013
    Matteo5 wrote: »
    Reb, not sure how I missed your post on Sunday. I am so sorry to hear the news about your mother-in-law. I have walked that path with my wife and know how difficult it can be. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Congratulations on your son and his accomplishments. I know you are very proud of him. Hang in there. All the best...Matt

Appreciate the thoughts Matt, my wife's an ICU nurse so she has temporarily moved in to her parents house during this period to make sure her mom is comfortable. Hope you were able to catch those two plays earlier, they both played out as expected ;-) thanks again -R
  • Matteo5Matteo5 Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    TheReb wrote: »
    Appreciate the thoughts Matt, my wife's an ICU nurse so she has temporarily moved in to her parents house during this period to make sure her mom is comfortable. Hope you were able to catch those two plays earlier, they both played out as expected ;-) thanks again -R

I did catch the two winners. Congrats and thanks for sharing...:)
    edited March 2013
    CBB ytd:

144-145-8 unweighted -16.50
    158-160-8 weighted -18.00

[626] BOISE STATE -1½-110

[653] TOTAL o125½-110
    (N DAKOTA ST vrs WESTERN MICHIGAN)

Boise can really spread the floor and for non conf foes they can be hard to defend as Creighton found out on their home court. They also were competitive in their games against the top tier of the MWC beating Col. St. and SDST (2X), Have the NDAKST/WMICH ttl @ roughly 130 myself so taking that as well. GL
    edited March 2013
    CBB ytd:

145-146-8 unweighted -16.60
    159-161-8 weighted -18.10

[709] MISSOURI -2½

[713] BUCKNELL +3½

[716] MICHIGAN STATE -10½

[720] VA COMMONWEALTH -7½

[728] NEW MEXICO -10½

[729] BELMONT +4½

[734] SAINT LOUIS -9

[736] UNLV -3

[737] MONTANA +13

[740] MARYLAND -5

[830] SAN DIEGO STATE -3

[834] NC STATE -4½

[837] IOWA STATE +1½

[837] TOTAL (IOWA STATE vrs NOTRE DAME) o140 2units

[849] MINNESOTA U -3

[852] MIAMI FLORIDA -12

GL
    edited March 2013
    CBB ytd:

153-154-8 unweighted -18.20
    167-170-8 weighted -19.00

[516] MARQUETTE -1½

[528] SAINT LOUIS -4

[532] ALABAMA -4

[532] TOTAL u126½
    (STANFORD vrs ALABAMA)

[1518] 1H LOUISVILLE -6½

[1528] 1H SAINT LOUIS -2

[1532] 1H ALABAMA -2

[1532] TOTAL u58½
    (1H STANFORD vrs 1H ALABAMA)

[724] OHIO STATE -6½

[730] MIAMI FLORIDA -6½

GL
    edited March 2013
    [719] FLA GULF COAST +7½

The lone rep from MWC ironically are the Aztecs, after today I'm afraid there is a good chance there will be no MWC teams in the sweet 16. Of all the teams that entered from the conf. this is the last team I would have guessed to make the next round. Along with the Rebs, they were very inconsistent and if this Atlantic Sun team can beat Miami and GT (handily) then they can certainly end up with a W (let alone getting pts.) vs. Franklin and the rest. The pressure in this one lies squarely on the favorite, should be a fun one to watch with the crowd behind the dog in Philly. Good chance here for the first 15 seed to make the sweet 16 IMO. GL
  • the executerthe executer Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    I agree Reb. This doesnt seem to be typical 15 seed. They are battle tested and weve all seen what they can do and how this tournament is going overall. Gimmie the points
    edited March 2013
    CBB ytd:

160-158-8 unweighted -15.60
    174-174-8 weighted -16.40

[808] INDIANA U -5

[810] MIAMI FLORIDA -5½

[814] WICHITA STATE -4½ 2units

The Hoosiers can beat the 'Cuse zone with Hulls/Sheehey/Watford from perimeter obviously if they are on then Oladipo & Zeller become factors as the zone opens up to get penetrated, the Orange have been too inconsistent on offense for me to trust them here. Larkin is a leader and I love his grit, I liked Marq. this season as the underrated squad but don't like this matchup for them. My favorite game of the day is Wichita St., LaSalle does not fare well vs. good defensive teams ala St. Louis and Butler, the Shockers are that kind of team and then some. How good is a coach that loses 5 seniors and gets his team back to the sweet 16, everything points to the Explorers not covering here IMO. Chalky day, I did like Zona as the lone dog but way too much love going their way which gives me reason to pause as Buckeyes defense getting no respect. GL
    edited March 2013
    CBB ytd:

161-160-8 unweighted -16.80
    176-176-8 weighted -16.60

[874] LOUISVILLE -10½

[877] MICHIGAN +2 2units

[880] FLORIDA -13 2units

[874] TOTAL u131
    (OREGON vrs LOUISVILLE)

[878] TOTAL u136½
    (MICHIGAN vrs KANSAS)

The Ducks two freshman guards have not faced a 40 min. pressure D like they're about to see, first they have to inbound the ball, then get it past mid court, leaving a short clock for offense = not pretty. Cardinals play D that as a Rebel fan I can only dream about at this point with Rice, I line this game at 68-55. Kansas two guards of McLemore and Johnson have not shown up this tourney on offense, combined they are 2-14, 0-8 3PT & 2-12, 1-5 3PT respectively, now they have to face Mr. Burke and Co. Both coaches are above avg. can Releford and Withey do it all again and will Tharpe be able to have another big game?..I give the edge to Mich. in this one as Burke > cerebral than Johnson where it will matter IMO. FGCU has had time to go home and realize what is happening, Gators have had time to take FGCU seriously and as opposed to GT and SDSU would welcome a transition game. Clock strikes midnight for the team from Ft. Myers tonight vs. the bigger instate brother. GL
    edited March 2013
    [522] MARQUETTE +5

[712] LOUISVILLE -3½

[713] MICHIGAN +3

Two very familiar foes, getting five in a game that could go either way. Marq. just seems to find a way to win. Was Mich. St. that bad or Duke's D that good, I lean to Mich. St. just flat out awful...the 'Ville continue to roll to a national championship. The Gator's are vulnerable at the end of games with their poor FT shooting (outside Wilbekin), they remind me of Memphis a few years back. I like the Wolverines to win this game straight up. GL.