Betting Talk

Is it any wonder

TheRebTheReb Senior Member
edited January 2013 in Sports Betting
why Ed shuts it down this time of year (and astutely so) I might add, what a wacky wednesday...how tough is it to win on the road in conference, four ranked teams go down to arguably much less talented squads (with the exception of Miami IMO). So you could say it should be easy to just take the points and the home dog right? But by a lot of metrics the numbers don't come up that way, that's what makes CBB so tough this time of year. Sure there are some games that play out the way you would think but I believe there are more unpredictable outcomes than in the first third of the season. Can't quite put a finger on why especially with well coached teams but my guess is that the kids wear down mentally at this point as the 2nd semester starts up. It's not just the upsets for the ranked road teams, I saw quite a few home squads not show up today as well (St. Joes) being one of them getting blown out on their home floor in the 1H. That was a situation that with the Bonnies sneaking out a nice road win at Temple thought they would be the ones coming out a little flat...WRONG! Is Martelli not the same, has he lost a bit of his edge in getting his team up for a home conf. game or is there some underlying dissension or something else going on that just can't quite get capped without having some inside info. I really liked NM tonight as Col St. coming off the big home win vs. UNLV going into the Pit where a rested Lobo's squad had a week to prepare would cover easily, it was a sweat at the end and fortunately I did not take the opener, but again it should not have been that close. IMO it is definitely gotten a lot tougher than even in recent seasons. Hell we can't even determine a solid #1 ranked team for more than a day.