Betting Talk

Taking ravens today?

buythehookbuythehook Senior Member
edited January 2013 in Sports Betting
A lot of touts are on broncos today?

Does anyone think having Ray Lewis back makes any difference?

Peyton is great and so are the broncos defense, but I just think 9.5 points is a lot?

I know flacco sucks on the road.

Anyone have any input or opionons on this matchup?

Comments

• Dj79Dj79 Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    i don't think Lewis makes a huge difference anymore, and I think the defense is a shell of its former self. I think they are old, getting tired, and the altitude isn't going to help. I like the Broncos today but agree 9 seems kind of high, just think in the end Broncos win by more than 14.
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    my record as an NFL picker is brutal but today I certainly wouldn't waste my money on the ravens. big spread for a reason. Flacco is a huge weakness. broncs send the hounds on him all day and peyton has no problem today making points.
  • buythehookbuythehook Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    It's going to be very cold today... In the teens... I believe they will be running the ball a lot.

I'm not big on trends like this but Peyton manning is 0-4 in playoff games when it is below freezing.
    edited January 2013
    buythehook wrote: »
    It's going to be very cold today... In the teens... I believe they will be running the ball a lot.

I'm not big on trends like this but Peyton manning is 0-4 in playoff games when it is below freezing.

that trend doesn't account for peyton playing with this bronco team though. means zero to me. broncs win so easy today.
  • CashItCashIt Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    Only on Ravens 1stH +6 myself. Hoping they fire all their bullets early to send it to halftime tied, creating a -6.5 2ndH line which I'll be all over the Broncs unless there is new info from 1stH GL
  • bixlerbixler Senior Member
    edited January 2013

Yeah but who did he play in those games (and where) and how was his defense and running game in those game?

Something that most people are overlooking that I think will play a huge role in the game is the number of plays the Ravens had on defense last week. They are getting older, they are playing on a short week, with travel, and at 5200 ft. The Colts ran 87 plays last week and I really that that is going to have an effect as the game goes on today.
    edited January 2013
    bixler wrote: »
    Yeah but who did he play in those games (and where) and how was his defense and running game in those game?

Something that most people are overlooking that I think will play a huge role in the game is the number of plays the Ravens had on defense last week. They are getting older, they are playing on a short week, with travel, and at 5200 ft. The Colts ran 87 plays last week and I really that that is going to have an effect as the game goes on today.

well said.
  • pokpok1616pokpok1616 Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    You can also ask what kind of a relative easy schedule broncos have over the last 2/3 of the season? if in doubt look at their season schedule again and check how they fare about a more decent team. This is 2nd rd of playoff and teams are different animals. I'd say this could go either way and plus 9.5 is definitely a gift...
    edited January 2013
    pokpok1616 wrote: »
    You can also ask what kind of a relative easy schedule broncos have over the last 2/3 of the season? if in doubt look at their season schedule again and check how they fare about a more decent team. This is 2nd rd of playoff and teams are different animals. I'd say this could go either way and plus 9.5 is definitely a gift...

and how did they fair against this late 2/3 schedule? The thing is too, the ravens aren't that good. I can't stress this anymore, the broncos at home today win very easy.
    edited January 2013
    I know most guys will disagree with me, but there have been many times I have bet on the ravens because of Lewis and Reed. It can be his last game today... I don't think they will win, but I think they can cover the 9 points.

That's just my hunch bet of the day.
  • DubbsDubbs Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    It didn't reflect it on the scoreboard, but the Ravens gave up 419 yds to the Colts last week. That was with all the hype and adrenaline of Ray Ray's return, and last home game. Colts also controlled time of possession 37 mins to 22 mins. If the Broncos toss it around early and get up 14-17 points, while Bmore is still trying acclimate to the altitude, Broncos will play ball control and it will be over before it started. Flacco can't play from behind. Their only passing game is deep balls to Smith and Boldin (hope for pass interference). If I know this, I'm sure Broncos Def knows this?

On the other hand, is it ever really THAT easy?
    edited January 2013

I just remember that the Ravens lost to Charlie Batch and Kirk Cousins and were 3 inches from losing to San Diego......I just think Peyton and the Broncos are MUCH better than those teams, especially in Denver on a short week for Baltimore.
  • seckardanseckardan Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    I just look at what the ravens have done against top 10 defenses. Cincy week one W (WEEK 1 is the key here), Houston week 7 L 42-13 (13pts is the key here), Pitt week 11 W 13-10 (13 pts and againts Leftwich is the key here), San Diego week 12 W 16-13 (16pts and should have lost is the key here), Pitt week 13 L 23-20 (20 pts and against Batch comon man), Denver week 15 L 34-17 (17 pts and at home is the key). How many pts do you think the ravens will score against the #2 defense in Denver? add the altitude? My guess is less than 17. Will Denver score more than 27 at home? I'd say yes, even without any turnovers.
  • pokpok1616pokpok1616 Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    Despite a bad officiating and less in ravens favor, Baltimore showed up like I thought how they will in the playoff against this OVERRATED Denver who had a cupcake schedule to go 11-0. Ravens covered the game wire to wire.i just hope Denver wins so I get better odds against them with New England!
    edited January 2013
    Despite a bad officiating and less in ravens favor, Baltimore showed up like I thought how they will in the playoff against this OVERRATED Denver who had a cupcake schedule to go 11-0. Ravens covered the game wire to wire.i just hope Denver wins so I get better odds against them with New England!

lol. nice post.
    edited January 2013
    My hunch bet if the day is going to cover... Don't care about the refs or anything else... Ravens played tough and they covered!
    edited January 2013
    A lot of touts are on broncos today?

Does anyone think having Ray Lewis back makes any difference?

Peyton is great and so are the broncos defense, but I just think 9.5 points is a lot?

I know flacco sucks on the road.

Anyone have any input or opionons on this matchup?

Nice hunch!