Betting Talk

NFL Playoff Props and Plays Thread

tro19tro19 Senior Member
edited January 2013 in Sports Betting
Greg Jennings over 4.5 receptions -130 (Bovada)

I know about all the receivers on the field for the Pack may go against this play, but Jennings came back as Rodgers favorite target even after missing most of the season. Rodgers will be in the shotgun for pretty much all day. Jordy Nelson is not 100% which makes this even a more solid play IMO. Last 2 games 8 rec vs Tenn and 7 rec vs Minn.

Comments

• tro19tro19 Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    More rushing yards in game Marshawn Lynch over Alfred Morris -115 (Bovada)

Morris had a huge game last week and I'm a believer, but Seattle's offense revolves around Lynch more than anything while Washington will ride on RG3's back as far as he will take em. Add the fact that Morris touched the ball a whopping 35 times Sunday night. Both teams have a very good run-D, but I give the edge to Lynch here.
    edited January 2013
    Andrew Hawkins over 3 receptions -105 (Bovada)

Hawkins has the potential to put up big #s vs the Texans horrid secondary. I don't see much of a running game from either side and Green will get double coverage all day. Hawkins could real in 5 or 6 today.
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    what you think about peterson un 128 yds, seems high
  • LawboyLawboy Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    He will get the majority of the work today with Ponder out.
    edited January 2013
    With what he has done this year, I would stay away from that prop. Field condition could slow him down possibly, but he has proved everyone wrong all year.
  • kass101kass101 Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    All the ponder props are still up, possible he starts and is pulled? That would put some great value on the unders.
  • thebattinathebattina Member
    edited January 2013
    I think it was 136 last week and flew over
  • Chisox6Chisox6 Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    thebattina wrote: »
    I think it was 136 last week and flew over

It was around 180 last week depending on site. Don't know the completions # from last week or if it went over or not.
  • Dave MasonDave Mason Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    I thought we would be a winner with this one
    edited January 2013
    Yup, tough one as Rodgers missed him up the middle wide open as he under threw him. One of the few mistakes he made tonight.

-2.35 units so far
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    I dont do props but my thinking was timing is everything , with webb starting ,YES i thought they would hand off more to peterson but that Green bay had to game plan to stop him big time, if they were to win the game ,they for sure would have to stop peterson from eating up the clock and extending the game. I loved this bet even if Ponder did start, just couldnt see green bay not doing everything they could to stop him and with woodson coming back against the run made me feel better about it....

thanks for you response ,luck
    edited January 2013
    -1.35 units so far with the winner yesterday.

49ers -3 -115 (BM)

As an avid Packer fan, I do know this. Green Bay has an average O-line and San Fran will get to Rodgers. I know it was week one, but San Fran beat GB in just about every aspect of the game. Constant pressure all day and Rodgers had happy feet. A-Rod hung in there, but IMO the Pack will have to play the perfect game to pull this out, but I don't see it. You can say that Green Bay's offensive line has gotten better, but just a few weeks ago, the Giants were at Rodgers all day. Also, SF has improved at the QB position. There was only one team I was worried that the Pack would play on their way to the big game, and it's the 49ers. Oh, and them Seahawks are looking mighty tough as well.
    edited January 2013
    Jermichael Finley to score a TD in game +300 (Allpro) 1/2 units risked

To much value here not to bet this IMO. Pass happy teams have had luck vs San Fran this year at the TE position. Packers in week 1, Finley had 7 catches and a TD, Thomas and Graham had a combined 8 catches for New Orleans and a TD in week 12, and Hernandez for NE had 10 catches and a TD in week 15. Worth a half unit here IMO
    edited January 2013
    Rodgers over 15.5 rushing yards -120 (Bovada)

It's no secret that the Pack has issues at the line. I know Smith is hurt on the other side, but they will still have success getting to Rodgers. I think he will be rolling out of the pocket alot in this game. He could have this in the first half.
    edited January 2013
    Half time/Full time bet

Tie/San Francisco 16/1 (Bovada)

Risking .1 unit to win 1.6 units
  • MachineGunMachineGun Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    tro19 wrote: »
    Half time/Full time bet

Tie/San Francisco 16/1 (Bovada)

Risking .1 unit to win 1.6 units

This will be a lot of fun to watch if you hit the HT portion.
    edited January 2013
    Yeah, should be a good game. I'm a diehard Packers fan, and I hope they win, but the o-line scares me even with Smith hurting. I don't think either team can pull away, just one of those bets thats fun and inexpensive, but could also pay off.
    edited January 2013
    Joe Flacco over 33.5 pass attempts -120 (Bovada)
  • Wurzz03Wurzz03 Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    Tro, from packers fan to packers fan I see your points, but is this O-line really any different from any other year Rodgers has played? With quick throws, Aaron being mobile, and giving a little more credit to O-line I think this is not a huge problem. imo
    edited January 2013
    Very true Wurzz03, I just don't know if this is a Super Bowl team. You can't let your franchise get sacked 50 times in a season and have a mediocre running game and expect to win against elite teams. Do, I think the Pack can win, yes, but it will have to be a flawless game IMO. The O-line has to protect Aaron's backside. He is one of the most mobile QBs in the league, but SF is arguably the best defense in the league. There line can dominate as they showed all year. Like I said, I hope the Pack wins as my heart is in GB, but I'm betting on the 9ers.
    edited January 2013
    +2.4 units for the weekend. Got lucky with the Flacco prop going into overtime, but will take it.

+1.05 units for playoffs
    edited January 2013
    Brandon Lloyd over 4.5 receptions -130 (Bovada)

Looks as though Corey Graham will be assigned to Welker which will be a tough matchup. I think Brandon Lloyd will get a few more looks this week. Last 5 games he's had 51 targets. Welker under 7.5 receptions at Bovada maybe a play as well.
    edited January 2013
    Roddy White over 5.5 receptions -115 (Allpro)

White has had over 10 targets in 4 of last 5 games. In close games 6 pts or less, White failed only 2 times out of 8 to get to this total and he had 5 receptions in those 2. I don't see much of a running game for Atlanta, so White should get plenty of looks.
    edited January 2013
    First TD of the game Atl/SF Jacquizz Rodgers 20/1 (Allpro) .1 units to win 2 units
    edited January 2013
    Jacquizz Rodgers over 3 receptions -115 (Bovada)
    edited January 2013
    San Fran -4

Russell Wilson and co. exposed the Falcons in the 2nd half last week. I will also throw another name (Cam Newton). Atlanta ranked 7th in the league in offensive line stats, but Matt Ryan was hit 89 times during the regular season. I will roll with the stout defense and the mobile young QB.
    edited January 2013
    -105 at post time. Good Luck today!
    edited January 2013
    +.75 units on the day. +1.80 units for the playoffs