Betting Talk

Ohio/BG line seems fishy

jaanisjaanis Senior Member
edited November 2012 in Sports Betting
Does anyone see this line dropping to now -2 for Ohio somewhat fishy? Am I missing an injury?

Comments

• LawboyLawboy Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    I think it's a little reactionary to the other 8-1 MAC team losing outright at home last night. Very similar situation, so people say "I've got the lock of the week!"
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    how about B.G is just the better side, never even thought about last nights game ,but who knows ,people like those good defensive teams getting points.

lawboy been a while , do you post on other sights? I can't remember the name of it.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    jaanis wrote: »
    Does anyone see this line dropping to now -2 for Ohio somewhat fishy? Am I missing an injury?

From what I'm seeing right now most newsletters are touting BG and as for services it's split. Somebody very well respected just laid down some cash on BG +3 The game has now become a pass for me on to other things. You can't bet BG and sure can't take Ohio. Half time bet a possibly.
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    OT , how do you find that out so quick ....ive spoke to you many times in the past but sorry i cant remember where you from , you in vegas?
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    Yes and to answer Lawboy who I know has also been around a long time I find it hard to believe that's Joe Public's money taking a game That open 3.5 and was 3 a couple of hours ago to 2/2.5 depending on where you go. I know the public likes the mid-week Dog but taking it off the 3 and in Vegas yet that's really saying something. I wouldn't bet this game with Counterfeit Money. It's still early and it's going to be interesting to see where this goes. Want more confusion BG offense hasn't looked good the last two weeks in comparison to the games before then.
    edited November 2012
    BG could be the right side....or there could be something a little more unusual going on. I was glad to see -2.5, but now that it has gone to 2, Old Time is right. It takes a lot to go off the 3 in Vegas, and the fact that it got hit again makes me a bit uneasy. BGSU has a good run defense, and that will give Ohio some trouble, but not enough to lose. Their offense has struggled and being on the road in a big conference matchup should be enough for Ohio to cover. But I always thought that Ohio was the right side here. I think they grind it out and win going away. I just don't see BG scoring very many points tonight.
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    +1.5 now being bet like the game is official already. scary!!
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    total up to 49 now also....
  • wcf1214wcf1214 Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    isnt the mac , the place a few fixes happened 5 years back?
    edited November 2012
    Oh yea. Toledo in 2008
    edited November 2012
    You think the Ohio punter is on the take?
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    who knows, maybe someone put a lead weight in his shoe without him knowing that's the excuse the ncaa would use :)
  • wcf1214wcf1214 Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    yep a weighted shoe and he smoked crack,incredible a team can perform that poorly on punts
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Lawboy wrote: »
    You think the Ohio punter is on the take?

If he was, then I sure hope he's sharing it with the snapper and the blockers, because they deserve a nice chunk of that as well.