Betting Talk

Survivor Pool

tro19tro19 Senior Member
edited October 2012 in Sports Betting
Heading into the week thinking of taking the Packers, but maybe going with Minnesota. I thought of maybe taking the Chargers vs Browns coming off a bye week and still having GB later on. Could also go with the Pats. I have the following teams left of the games that I do like (First team listed)

(Patriots) vs Rams
(Steelers) vs Skins
(Chargers) vs Browns
(Vikings) vs Bucs
(Packers) vs Jags

:huh:

Minny lost to Tampa in week 2 last year in which they had a 17-0 lead. That was with a different QB though. Freeman has played well in the dome in the past, so I'm still undecided. These are the games I have narrowed it down to, if anyone has any other thoughts??? Thanks in advance

Comments

• BayOceanBayOcean Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    Am also in 2 survivor pools most likely will go with PACK as I have them left, NEP has a not so easy schedule after this week except for a BYE week next week. Steelers/SKins BIG BEN is awesome they can't bring him down and his passing is a little better than Wash newbie. This should be a high scoring game.Like VIKES but I already used them- Browns could beat the Chargers and TURNER gets fired, their QB is nothing special.
  • tro19tro19 Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    Thanks for the response BayOcean. Yeah, I'm not real high on the Chargers, but would like to save the Elite teams for later. That being said, I don't really know how many elite teams there are in the NFL. Sometimes ya just gotta go against the worst team. Looks like it GB or Minny for me. I will go back and forth until gametime tomorrow night. Any more input appreciated.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    Sometimes you have to play what everyone else is going to play and just chalk the week off. But this week is a little different IMO even though I usually wouldn't play a road team this early in a survivor contest I do think the S.Diego is a good choice. Looking at the schedule I don't think there's another spot for them that I would feel as comfortable as I would this week.

I like the bye trend of a Home team losing going on a bye week and coming back on the road it stands 29-19 and that's against the spread. It could be a little misleading because being on the road in the NFL there's a good chance a lot of those wins were with + points. But still S.Diego is not a bad play. I haven't checked but a quick glance the other day with the 16 left in my pool I think they all have G.B left and if I took S.Diego and the unthinkable happened I could win this because I'll bet almost anything that all or at least 14 are going to play G.BAY.

As for your thinking about Minn that wouldn't be my choice T.Bay is a pretty scrappy club and I can see a possible out-right win by them. So for me it's G.B or S.D and why is G.bay off the board?

As for the Pats they have Buff and Indy after there bye week at home. I wouldn't think about them against the Rams at Rams.
  • BiggTBiggT Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    [QUOTE= I wouldn't think about them against the Rams at Rams.[/QUOTE]

The game is not at rams, it's in London.
    edited October 2012
    BiggT wrote: »
    The game is not at rams, it's in London.

Come on, Has the NFL lost there minds with this London crap. How's the weather out there this time of year..lol
  • Rainman.rckRainman.rck Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    The Bears are the best choice this week for sure. Over 50% of all people are on the Packers.
    edited October 2012
    Thanks Rainman.rck, but already used Chicago. Note, I also have Denver as Manning and co. should shred the NO defense, but I really hate betting against Brees. If Jimmy Graham is ruled out this week, may consider.
  • Rainman.rckRainman.rck Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    Oh, I see. Ok. I also don't like the Vikings on the short week. Anything can happen in those Thursday games...
    edited October 2012
    The Bears are the best choice this week for sure. Over 50% of all people are on the Packers.

Bears coming off a Monday night game scoring 13 points which should have been at least 30. Good luck with the Bears tough pick.
  • Dave MasonDave Mason Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    Steelers or GB for me. Would like to go Steelers & use Pack down the road.
  • rhinocerosrhinoceros Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    Packers. I post here almost every week about the advantage of avoiding the most popular pick. But this time, the difference in win probability is just too high. Take the Packers and buck the trend next week.
    edited October 2012
    Sure glad I passed on the Vikes. As of right now I have penciled in Green Bay.