Betting Talk

OT- What really sucks if you subscribe to RAS

burgerburger Senior Member
edited October 2012 in Sports Betting
Being stuck in a traffic jam trying to get to your computer setup and the release warning comes at the beginning of the normal window of release times (naturally), having to pull over on the side of the road, and having no chance to get numbers using ipad and 3G or 4G network :(

Comments

• worm33worm33 Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    burger wrote: »
    Being stuck in a traffic jam trying to get to your computer setup and the release warning comes at the beginning of the normal window of release times (naturally), having to pull over on the side of the road, and having no chance to get numbers using ipad and 3G network :(

Been there
  • odiecabodiecab Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    Done that
  • lumpy19lumpy19 Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    I tried to have my wife make the plays over the phone one time while driving......what a disaster.
  • burgerburger Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    lumpy19 wrote: »
    I tried to have my wife make the plays over the phone one time while driving......what a disaster.

Been there, done that as well. Brutal.
  • BeardedTacoBeardedTaco Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    You guys make me laugh with your RAS stories

It's not like you are able to put down any significant amount of $$$ at your so called "locals". Or you either talk about putting down money offshore when everybody knows you get ur account limited when chasing RAS steam. Where are those so-called -105 local shops I keep hearing about from RAS followers that let you put down $5k on a November CBB total between two small conference teams?
  • worm33worm33 Senior Member
    edited October 2012

It's not like you are able to put down any significant amount of $$$ at your so called "locals". Or you either talk about putting down money offshore when everybody knows you get ur account limited when chasing RAS steam. Where are those so-called -105 local shops I keep hearing about from RAS followers that let you put down $5k on a November CBB total between two small conference teams?
    Ha they are out there. Usually last about a week
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited October 2012

1. Claiming to know the situation of every single subscriber is a little silly IMO.

2. "Significant amount of money" is relative and subjective. I consider the amount I get down quite significant. Some may consider it peanuts, others may consider it a lot.

3. What do any of these stories have to do with with how much anyone is getting down or -105 locals?
    edited October 2012
    I dunno it seems like this thread was going nowhere so I thought I would derail it into something more constructive. By now everybody knows RAS is instantly moved at Pinny which makes any other RAS bet at an offshore book chasing steam. RAS is now a paid service for customers using locals which is why I was inquiring about them.

As for the money part doesn't RAS claim you need to be wagering $1000 a game to warrant using the service? Could be $500 I don't remember.
    edited October 2012
    I dunno it seems like this thread was going nowhere so I thought I would derail it into something more constructive. By now everybody knows RAS is instantly moved at Pinny which makes any other RAS bet at an offshore book chasing steam. RAS is now a paid service for customers using locals which is why I was inquiring about them.

As for the money part doesn't RAS claim you need to be wagering $1000 a game to warrant using the service? Could be $500 I don't remember.

I'd prefer if posters didn't try to "derail" threads just because they don't happen to appreciate their content. It was a harmless thread about amusing stories and your comments came off as a bit more inflammatory than constructive IMO.
  • topplayertopplayer Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    Either way...Alot of work for 5 units..
    edited October 2012
    topplayer wrote: »

And I thought I was lazy. You get a text/email and sit at your computer for roughly 10 minutes twice a week on average for 8 weeks. That's "a lot of work"?
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited October 2012

Would it have been "too much work" for the 19 units last football season?
  • homerplayerhomerplayer Senior Member
    edited October 2012

my turn?

holy shit, too much work to hit 58%!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

do you understand what a phenomenal win rate that is? but that is only 52 games, way too small.

let's use the 3 year that is over 60%

for reals, do you understand how amazing and damn near impossible that is to accomplish?
  • lumpy19lumpy19 Senior Member
    edited October 2012

I don't sub anymore, lasted 2 years before burning up outs been looking since then.
    edited October 2012
    I have 7 local offscreen "online" outs (most with -105) almost all of them are 1k max agents.
    I pepper them randomly with RAS releases (At most can get down at 2 spots at the number) when I am at my normal "working" station.
    Today I had an unusual event occur that put me on the road and I gambled that A) I wouldn't get caught up in a traffic jam and B) If I did get in before said traffic jam that Edward wouldn't release right at 11am PST.
    My gambles lost on both points A and B :)

Those are the limits I have and all I can do without getting the boot at these spots, maybe this isn't good enough for BeardedTaco but it is what it is.
    edited October 2012
    that's exactly the kind of info I was looking for
    edited October 2012
    that's exactly the kind of info I was looking for

Meaning what exactly? I don't think I understand your point?
    edited October 2012
    how the RAS followers operate, locals market info, size of the bets etc...
    edited October 2012
    Gotcha
  • buythehookbuythehook Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    I have 3 local outs.... With 2 of them the lines move within 10 seconds of release and I have a dime limit on each. The third one does not move as fast but I have a nickel limit. The juice is -110 on all three.

I do understand the frustration... There are times I am with customers and I can't predict the timing and I have missed release times. At the end if the day... I usually get most of the lines within 1-2 line movement swing.
  • increasedoddincreasedodd Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    I am able to play RAS at 4 or 5 locals. $1000 on totals. $3000 on sides. $500 on extra games. All in all I usually get $2k down on totals and more on sides. I play lots of other stuff so they dont seem to mind much. All are -105. I won't play anywhere are -110 95% of the time.