Betting Talk

Psu -6

BookbrakerBookbraker Senior Member
edited August 2012 in Sports Betting
Maybe I'm a homer, or its the X-bookmaker mindset in me, but I really like Penn State. I think the line is way off. I think the team rallies around each other and its senior QB Mcgloin. They will fade as the season marches on, but not week 1 non conference at home.

Comments

• noelnoel Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    Honestly the line is screamin Oh u if it goes to 7 I will take the 7 six I will still take Oh U but half unit gl
    With your CFB success I hate to go against you!
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited August 2012
    Bookbraker wrote: »
    Maybe I'm a homer, or its the X-bookmaker mindset in me, but I really like Penn State. I think the line is way off. I think the team rallies around each other and its senior QB Mcgloin. They will fade as the season marches on, but not week 1 non conference at home.

I agree. The offense will have a lot of ups and downs, but the defense will be very solid.
  • deadpaintdeadpaint Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    Respectfully, McGloin was awful last year. He completed 54% of his passes WITH a very good running back. Penn State might cover the number against a decent Ohio team, but I have to doubt it will be because of the QB
  • RoundballRoundball Member
    edited August 2012
    This line actually opened in the teens before the infractions. Saw it at 12 1/2 a couple weeks ago.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited August 2012
    deadpaint wrote: »
    Respectfully, McGloin was awful last year. He completed 54% of his passes WITH a very good running back. Penn State might cover the number against a decent Ohio team, but I have to doubt it will be because of the QB

The receiving corps is a bigger concern than the backfield in my opinion. Belton will be fine in this offense, but the receivers are going to be a huge question mark.
  • BookbrakerBookbraker Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    deadpaint wrote: »

Awfull no. Average yes. He has experience. Bolden was terrible. Silas Redd was banged up a good part of last season. Besides Mcgloin went to W.Scranton high school! So did I from 1991-1994.