Betting Talk

Question about Sixth Sense moving NFL lines

sparkyl2sparkyl2 Senior Member
edited December 2012 in Sports Betting
Is the move as fast as a RAS move or do you have a few minutes after release before they move? Just asking because I am interested in the service but I have delays on some of my accounts thanks to Edward.

Comments

• GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited August 2012
    Just remember, these things are fluid. When someone responds about their experience last year, that does not necessarily mean this year's experience will be identical.
  • ggm1976ggm1976 Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    Quick question, are we allowed to talk about services on here, other than RAS?
  • RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited August 2012
    ggm1976 wrote: »
    Quick question, are we allowed to talk about services on here, other than RAS?

Yes, as long as it is a real discussion, and not a blatant promo.
    edited August 2012
    sparkyl2 wrote: »
    Is the move as fast as a RAS move or do you have a few minutes after release before they move? Just asking because I am interested in the service but I have delays on some of my accounts thanks to Edward.

The NFL market is much bigger, and he doesn't release until Friday night, so it should be much easier to play a SSS play than it would be RAS. As Goats said, things can always change. If he starts out hot, they might move faster, and vice versa. From what I could tell last year, if you were on top of things it was very manageable.
  • worm33worm33 Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    RightAngle wrote: »
    The NFL market is much bigger, and he doesn't release until Friday night, so it should be much easier to play a SSS play than it would be RAS. As Goats said, things can always change. If he starts out hot, they might move faster, and vice versa. From what I could tell last year, if you were on top of things it was very manageable.

Agreed. Last year as long as you were by your computer you were fine. What happened last year was Pinny would steam immediatly but all the offscreens, and other shops did not move for 3-5 minutes at least.
  • lumpy19lumpy19 Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    new website looks VERY familiar.......swear i've seen it somewhere, hmmmmm
  • ContrarianContrarian Banned
    edited August 2012
    Gonna go out on a limb and predict that the write-ups disappear this season.
  • increasedoddincreasedodd Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    Last year you could get his sides for at least 15-30 minutes. Totals move faster but still minutes, not seconds like RAS.
  • speculatorspeculator Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    the nfl is such a big market, and i watch lines very closely, doubt very much that ras was able to move the lines, not in 2012 anyway. i did not notice the lines moved significantly after thursdays....in the last two yrs.
    edited December 2012
    speculator wrote: »
    the nfl is such a big market, and i watch lines very closely, doubt very much that ras was able to move the lines, not in 2012 anyway.

I think you typoed or got something confused. RAS doesn't have an NFL service. Did you mean Sixth Sense?
  • weedsweeds Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    Goats wrote: »
    I think you typoed or got something confused. RAS doesn't have an NFL service. Did you mean Sixth Sense?

A lot of people across the forum and social media world seem to think Sixth Sense is RAS's NFL service. I guess technically they are, since Ed doesn't cover NFL and endorses Scott.
  • MachineGunMachineGun Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    As far as StevieY goes... How are people doing with getting his plays in before the lines move too much?
    edited December 2012
    weeds wrote: »
    I guess technically they are, since Ed doesn't cover NFL and endorses Scott.

I get your point, but I don't think that's how they're meant to be viewed and I certainly wouldn't view it that way. Ed can chime in, but he basically just endorsed Scott and helped set up a new website for him. Sixth Sense has been around for over a decade, during which time it had no connection to RAS whatsoever.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    MachineGun wrote: »
    As far as StevieY goes... How are people doing with getting his plays in before the lines move too much?

I've been seeing his plays after the game starts I'm not a subscriber and in the beginning the lines didn't move but now I do see movement but very manageable but I'm not seeing the plays until after the game starts I think it's what 10 minutes after the game starts. So I know this really doesn't answer your question but it gives you some idea about his lines. From what I'm seeing and IMO he's doing good work and that will draw attention and your going to need to be ready.
  • bumpobumpo Senior Member
    edited December 2012

In the beginning Stevie was releasing 3 or so games at a time and you could get the numbers. Now it's one play at a time and in CBB and you better be quick. If you miss, the number sometimes comes back but he's definitely moving on release.
    edited December 2012
    Goats wrote: »
    I get your point, but I don't think that's how they're meant to be viewed and I certainly wouldn't view it that way. Ed can chime in, but he basically just endorsed Scott and helped set up a new website for him. Sixth Sense has been around for over a decade, during which time it had no connection to RAS whatsoever.

I fully understand the situation, just stating the majority of the people consider Scott's NFL service to be a part of RAS. And considering RAS doesn't cover NFL, I can easily see why people would make that affiliation.
  • AILVAILV Junior Member
    edited December 2012

He releases at 7:30am when none of the higher limit books are open. It might be a stretch to say the market is even at 25% strength.
  • lilylily Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    I am a SY client and the PPH shops I have accts with move in 10 sec or less..I have one where I am on a 30 sec delay I can never get his # there..NFL and NCAA FB I can always get the release # at all outs..
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    what am i missing , maybe am looking at the wrong place,his record in the nfl is 30-49 ??? is that right?
  • golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    jets96 wrote: »
    what am i missing , maybe am looking at the wrong place,his record in the nfl is 30-49 ??? is that right?

no that's not right. I think he's around 51 percent. Give or take a little
    edited December 2012
    i dont know, i clicked on the link and thats what it says
    edited December 2012
    i dont know, i clicked on the link and thats what it says

StevieYsports.com. He's 16-16 on the year in NFL
    edited December 2012
    talking about 6th sence ,sorry
    edited December 2012
    talking about 6th sence ,sorry
    My bad. Yea prolly atleast that bad.. Been brutal
    edited December 2012
    After yesterday, 31-49
  • wcf1214wcf1214 Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    with his picks this year the lines might go the other way
    edited December 2012
    AILV wrote: »
    He releases at 7:30am when none of the higher limit books are open. It might be a stretch to say the market is even at 25% strength.

I'll have to disagree with that assessment. Market is fairly strong when he releases.
    edited December 2012
    I fully understand the situation, just stating the majority of the people consider Scott's NFL service to be a part of RAS. And considering RAS doesn't cover NFL, I can easily see why people would make that affiliation.

As Goats mentioned, Scott Kellen has been a successful NFL handicapper for over a decade. We endorsed him before the start of last season, helped him with his website and release system before the start of this season, and allow his banner and links to run on BettingTalk.

The important distinction is that no one from RAS has any role in the origination of SS picks. The same holds true for StevieY, and vice versa.
    edited December 2012
    RightAngle wrote: »
    As Goats mentioned, Scott Kellen has been a successful NFL handicapper for over a decade. We endorsed him before the start of last season, helped him with his website and release system before the start of this season, and allow his banner and links to run on BettingTalk.

The important distinction is that no one from RAS has any role in the origination of SS picks. The same holds true for StevieY, and vice versa.

No I agree with you 100%. It's pretty obvious that's what the situation is, but somehow the vast majority of people posting on forums and other social media can't put two and two together. I've seen multiple threads pertaining to "How is RAS NFL doing?" and what not.
  • speculatorspeculator Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    A lot of people across the forum and social media world seem to think Sixth Sense is RAS's NFL service. I guess technically they are, since Ed doesn't cover NFL and endorses Scott.

yes, thank you for the correction