Betting Talk

Ichiro to yanks

ContrarianContrarian Banned
edited July 2012 in Sports Betting
Will make tonight interesting

Comments

• tribecalledjefftribecalledjeff Senior Member
    edited July 2012
    Tigers picked up Anibal Sanchez and Omar Infante. Nice pieces.
  • worm33worm33 Senior Member
    edited July 2012
    Tigers picked up Anibal Sanchez and Omar Infante. Nice pieces.

Best 1-4 starters now in al IMO. Also bullpen with Villarreal stepping up much better. My how things change they sure were struggling 1.5 months ago.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited July 2012
    Another Old on his way down pick-up by the Yankees. Really don't understand this move. I'm not a Swisher fan but I think he was fine. Defensively Ichiro terrific right fielder with a gun. I would like to see them pick-up an arm somewhere. Time will tell.
    edited July 2012
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    Another Old on his way down pick-up by the Yankees. Really don't understand this move. I'm not a Swisher fan but I think he was fine. Defensively Ichiro terrific right fielder with a gun. I would like to see them pick-up an arm somewhere. Time will tell.

He's not replacing swisher. Swisher is about 8 times better then Ichiro. He is replacing the Chavez j nix role that has been giving other guys days off in dh spot. Now essentially ibanez and a jones will platoon at dh and Ichiro will play LF quite a bit with Chavez also playing some 3b in that spot.
  • Wire2WireWire2Wire Senior Member
    edited July 2012
    Just adding more age to an already old team...w2w
  • TeaserPlayerTeaserPlayer Senior Member
    edited July 2012
    worm33 wrote: »
    Best 1-4 starters now in al IMO. Also bullpen with Villarreal stepping up much better. My how things change they sure were struggling 1.5 months ago.

I'd argue that the Nationals rotation 1-4 is comparable if not better.

Strasburg, Gio, Zimmerman, and Edwin Jackson
    combined 34-21, 3.03 ERA, 1.12 WHIP, BAA .228
  • kass101kass101 Senior Member
    edited July 2012
    As a lifelong Mariners Fan Ichiro though he was a great player for a long time may have been the worst thing to ever happen to the Mariners as he handcuffed Managers and GMs for years as the ownership group catered to his every demand.
    edited July 2012
    I'd argue that the Nationals rotation 1-4 is comparable if not better.

Strasburg, Gio, Zimmerman, and Edwin Jackson
    combined 34-21, 3.03 ERA, 1.12 WHIP, BAA .228

Well I did say AL. But since strassburg won't be pitching when it matters I will still take tigers
  • TeaserPlayerTeaserPlayer Senior Member
    edited July 2012
    Ok, so now that we are talking AL only, I submit the Angels updated rotation as the best in the entire Majors and certainly the AL:

Jered Weaver, CJ Wilson, Zack Greinke, and Dan Haren