Betting Talk

British Open

gatorshoosiersgatorshoosiers Senior Member
edited July 2012 in Sports Betting
Feel with the weather its wide open. Looking to take a few long shots.....is thedude still around? always loved his golf insider especially his buddy phil :laughing:

Comments

• golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited July 2012
    i agree with the long shots especially at this event. Im a former caddie on the pga tour so i follow golf very close as it is what i do everyday of my life. I do not caddie anymore but i am going to work for a friend in a couple weeks at the wgc event at firestone. Ill try and get some info early in the week and may post a pick or two. who do like this week at the open?
  • gatorshoosiersgatorshoosiers Senior Member
    edited July 2012
    Thx for reply golfer would love to hear your opinions on British and any other tourney for that matter. I usually pick a golfer from each tier going with fowler and Westwood as chalky then adding John sender and Davis love as long shots. Like I said earlier i think its wide open so I'm going to add few other 50-1 or higher.
  • NDFan221NDFan221 Senior Member
    edited July 2012
    Made a small bet on Steve Stricker to win it at 50-1. I L L
  • jimmymojimmymo Senior Member
    edited July 2012
    I took a shot with Matt Kuchar at 55-1 -- Royal Lytham isn't the longest course and you need to really control your ball -- I think Kuchar is in the mix on Sunday.
  • kass101kass101 Senior Member
    edited July 2012
    I like Poulter +4500, Zach Johnson +7000, Petterson +18500
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited July 2012
    i like poulter and zach j as well.
    edited July 2012
    going to wait in see what the morning conditions vs afternoon conditions are going to be see who gets the advantage (if any) day 1
  • lumpy19lumpy19 Senior Member
    edited July 2012
    From YE Yangs twitter
    Injured my neck and shoulder. Trying to loosen up now. Not good feeling this way. No practice for me today

News like this always seems to bite me in the ass but either way fading him any way I can
  • golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited July 2012
    gatorhoosiers- senden is one of the best ball strikers there is. the guy absolutely stripes it. Ive heard that its a tee to green kind of course so prolly not a bad long shot.
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited July 2012
    senden had a few bad holes last week or he could've been holding that trophy as a pretty big dog then too.
    edited July 2012
    Final plays biggest bets on senden and oosthuizen...... medium fowler kuchar westwood hanson........ tiny bets davis love and daly (free donation to books)