Betting Talk

Phi +108 v NYM

rhinocerosrhinoceros Senior Member
edited July 2012 in Sports Betting
Fading Dickey. Actually, I'm a believer. But the sentiment is on Dickey (no surprise) yet the line is moving towards Phi (meaningfully). So I stick by my contrarian methods. Am I just looking for trouble? It sure feels like pissing away a unit. Thoughts?

Comments

• ricodotricodot Senior Member
    edited July 2012
    rhinoceros wrote: »
    Fading Dickey. Actually, I'm a believer. But the sentiment is on Dickey (no surprise) yet the line is moving towards Phi (meaningfully). So I stick by my contrarian methods. Am I just looking for trouble? It sure feels like pissing away a unit. Thoughts?

Cole Hamels has beaten the Mets twice already this season and hopes a third time will be a charm this evening. Hamels defeated the Mets in an 8-2 win on April 15 in south Philly, then posted another victory May 28 at Citi Field. However, the left-hander hasn't fared too well in his career against New York, going 5-10 with a 4.34 earned run average in 19 starts
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited July 2012
    I like Philly myself but have yet to pull the trigger and actually won't know that I will until later. But I did play the 7 -120 in that game I feel the 6.5 Even are going to start popping up or 7 -130 if they wanted to give me a 6.5 with a +10 or more I wouldn't mind but unless I miss my mark that's not happening. Good Luck on the side.

I'm also going to take a look at the schedule after the All-Star break and see what it looks like. RA Dickey is 12-1 with a 2.15 ERA that says it all. I think there's money to be made betting against them after the All-Star Break

Good Luck Rhino, Was having a decent week but coming off a bad day yesterday 1-3 and as luck would have a friend from out of town called and popped over and I forgot to bet 2 late games the Under in the Texas and a Huge Dog the Pads not happy about that.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited July 2012
    Out of towners sometimes think you are vacation similar to themselves. Unannounced or cold-call visitors get no red carpet from me. I'd be pissed too OT.

Edit. Dickey is virtually unhittable now. Reminds me of the run Wakefield had a few years ago for the BoSox. I layed it.
  • chuckhchuckh Senior Member
    edited July 2012
    LOL I don't live in Vegas but I would be pissed also. My daughter lives in Destin FL, and we don't go visit her unless we are invited!
  • chuckhchuckh Senior Member
    edited July 2012
    OBTW I bit and took a unit on Philly earlier at +107. GL Rhino and OT if you have time, post what you play. Thanks in advance.