Betting Talk

late money question

BeardedTacoBeardedTaco Senior Member
edited June 2012 in Sports Betting
I wagered CIN -107 overnight and thought I made a good bet as the line was hanging around -112 to -114 all day. Then 20 minutes before the game starts the line shoots back down to +100, telling me I made a bad bet and that something came up that does not justify the -107 position I had.

I understand why there is more action in the 6pm-7pm time slot but can anybody explain to me who is putting down these large amounts that move lines right before tip-off and on what kind of information (in this case it might have been the possible rain delay)? Pinnacle offers full 42k limits on sides by the after-noon, why wait 10 minutes before the game?

Comments

• worm33worm33 Senior Member
    edited June 2012
    There is a group for baseball that bets late everyday. Watch the board they aren't hard to see. Obv they had Cleveland today. As to why they wait so long, good question. Truth is though there isn't much movement from the time the lineups come out till the time they bet.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited June 2012
    I bet Cleve at +102 five minutes before post and I didn't see any big late movement but we could have been looking at different books. I was kind of busy today and got home late. There was a couple of angles in that game that IMO favored Cleve but if you watch the game it was batting practice pitching. If the Ump doesn't give Lowe the low strike he's dead. I got lucky you didn't I just think you'll over thinking. There's many groups around and if you'll noticed it seems the early moves come back towards the opener by end of the day at least most do. Could be scalps could be anything. Try to anticipate the moves and hope your right 75% of the time or if you like a game and the number went against you early wait it out and you can always pass.