Betting Talk

Does anyone know what happened to EuroSports?

Sam BSam B Member
edited January 2012 in Sports Betting
He was making regular, structured posts every week and then disappeared one day.

Thanks!

Comments

• ContrarianContrarian Banned
    edited January 2012
    He was threatening to take his ball and go home at the first recordkeeping question, so it's no surprise to me that he left when he was in the red and there was obviously going to be no edge.

It's typical forum behavior....it takes balls, time and a thick-skin to continue to stick around and post plays against WA-numbers, regardless of whether you are winning or losing with your posts.
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    Wife said I had thick skin, or was that thick head!!!

Oh well!!!

Excellent point Con
  • burgerburger Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    Contrarian wrote: »
    He was threatening to take his ball and go home at the first recordkeeping question, so it's no surprise to me that he left when he was in the red and there was obviously going to be no edge.

It's typical forum behavior....it takes balls, time and a thick-skin to continue to stick around and post plays against WA-numbers, regardless of whether you are winning or losing with your posts.

That or be willing to lose your BR several times over and just restart at a different forum under a new or old screenname.
    "Patience is for squares yo" Contrarian 5 years ago at BC when risking his entire BR on one game (It lost)
  • EuroSportsEuroSports Senior Member
    edited January 2012

Actually, I sold my house and have been packing last week and moving this week so I have been ultra busy, to the point of not watching even one minute of sports, beyond having the TV turned on late yesterday to see the end of the Denver/Pit game. But, I guess you know me more than anyone else.

2 or 3 units down is going to scare someone away? I thought you posted over at SFW, but I guess you have the memory of a fly. I was down closer to 10 units on posted plays and ended that season up a couple units and a bigger season around 25 units. Goats could attest to that as well, if he remembers it clearly. Unfortunately, that forum is gone. I ALWAYS posted a record, and even used the worst of lines out there (worst than most lines I got just to keep it more WA).

More what scares people away is the constant negativity like yourself. You even chased away another much stronger poster, who many here liked.

It just amazes me that one week away for personal reasons and the attacks start. Real class act....
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited January 2012
    EuroSports wrote: »
    It just amazes me that one week away for personal reasons and the attacks start. Real class act....

I'm not gonna get too involved in this as I have better things to do (not really, but anything is better than idiotic forum arguments).

That said, I have to echo Euro's above comment. How about you guys (Contrarian, etc.) wait for an actual answer before jumping to conclusions? You know what they say about assumptions...

FWIW, I had some brief interactions with Euro a couple years ago and found him to be nothing but friendly and upstanding (about his record and as a person). This is not someone who deserves harassment IMO. If memory serves, he did very well in euro hockey in his first season posting at BC and was closer to breakeven after that (using lines from 5Dimes that were inferior to Pinny and euro shops). Regardless, he always posted a record, just as he has done here. I did not pay attention to soccer so I can't comment on how he did there.

Calling someone out for violating the site rules is one thing (and welcomed when done politely), but making inflammatory comments based on assumptions is another (and not something we need here at BT).
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    no attack on Euro and if appeared that way, I do apologize deeply
    edited January 2012
    Thanks Goats. I really didn't mean to drag you into anything, outside of maybe remembering what I had posted in a general sense. That's all..

Back to moving. You don't really realize how much stuff you accumulate after 10 years in a house, esp with kids around. Half the work is throwing stuff away and donating along with packing. At least we got out of the house pretty close to break even in this housing market, less realtor commissions. Couldn't pass up a deal on a foreclosure house. Tons of great deals in FL for those that can buy in this weak economy, and some gems, like we found in good condition where the people didn't trash the house on the way out...
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited January 2012
    Thanks Goats. I really didn't mean to drag you into anything, outside of maybe remembering what I had posted in a general sense. That's all..

Back to moving. You don't really realize how much stuff you accumulate after 10 years in a house, esp with kids around. Half the work is throwing stuff away and donating along with packing. At least we got out of the house pretty close to break even in this housing market, less realtor commissions. Couldn't pass up a deal on a foreclosure house. Tons of great deals in FL for those that can buy in this weak economy, and some gems, like we found in good condition where the people didn't trash the house on the way out...

No worries, you didn't drag me into anything, I could have ignored the thread if I wanted. :)

Congrats and best of luck with the new house!
  • worm33worm33 Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    Euro, just be aware that there are people here who appreciate your posts. The people who make money off of you are usualy going to not be to noticeable and just use the "thanks" button
  • RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited January 2012

Good luck with the moving, and look forward to seeing your posts again when time allows.
  • namathfannamathfan Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    I echo worm's thoughts.
  • Drsplash31Drsplash31 Member
    edited January 2012

Euro, what part of Florida are you in? Just curious
  • golfguru1golfguru1 Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    Goats wrote: »
    i'm not gonna get too involved in this as i have better things to do (not really, but anything is better than idiotic forum arguments).

That said, i have to echo euro's above comment. How about you guys (contrarian, etc.) wait for an actual answer before jumping to conclusions? You know what they say about assumptions...

Fwiw, i had some brief interactions with euro a couple years ago and found him to be nothing but friendly and upstanding (about his record and as a person). This is not someone who deserves harassment imo. If memory serves, he did very well in euro hockey in his first season posting at bc and was closer to breakeven after that (using lines from 5dimes that were inferior to pinny and euro shops). Regardless, he always posted a record, just as he has done here. I did not pay attention to soccer so i can't comment on how he did there.

Calling someone out for violating the site rules is one thing (and welcomed when done politely), but making inflammatory comments based on assumptions is another (and not something we need here at bt).

yeeepppppppp!!
  • Coast2CoastCoast2Coast Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    Calling someone out for violating the site rules is one thing (and welcomed when done politely), but making inflammatory comments based on assumptions is another (and not something we need here at bt).

Yet this happens regularly and nothing happens. Talk about selective management of forum havior. Contrarian has had several instances of childish behavior like this, yet the guy is still allowed to be here. What's up with that?
    edited January 2012
    Why do people clamor for the return of (proven) losing posters? I mean I'm simply calling them as I (and I would think Ray Charles would) see them. What some may call childish, I simply call exposing the truth.

The fact is that all of these MIA posters would not be MIA if they were winning. But it's not 2007 any longer and there IS NO EDGE.

#notthattricky
    edited January 2012
    Euro responds graciously and Contrarian comes back and trashes him again. What a class act.
  • Clark GriswoldClark Griswold Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    Why do people clamor for the return of (proven) losing posters? I mean I'm simply calling them as I (and I would think Ray Charles would) see them. What some may call childish, I simply call exposing the truth.

The fact is that all of these MIA posters would not be MIA if they were winning. But it's not 2007 any longer and there IS NO EDGE.

#notthattricky
    \

LOL...Just can't help yourself
    edited January 2012
    I was actually responding to you, coast.

Seriously, one of the brightest minds in forumville (The Chaperone) has lamented the fact that his MLS posted plays caused the market to improve. You honestly don't think that euro's posts from three years ago at sfw didn't do the same? Or your totals from the mid part of the last decade? It's not a coincidence that your "stuff" doesn't work any longer.

And it is not debatable that MIA posters do not go MIA when they are winning. C'mon man, don't shoot the messenger on that one.
  • namathfannamathfan Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    Honest question for Contrarian...why do you bet if there is no edge?

Honest question #2...do you prefer that posters such as The Dude, Eurosports and C2C not post?

For the second question a simple yes or no will do.

Thank you.
    edited January 2012
    My comments have nothing to do with records. They have to do with your behavior. When did it become your job to criticize people? I don't care what euro's record or anyone else's record is. i enjoy reading his thoughts and others' thoughts, regardless of their record. And regardless of one's record, everyone here should be treated with respect. That is a concept you are apparently incapable of understanding, just as you were incapable of understanding it at other forums in which you also showed repeated diarespect of this kind. It bewilders me why this forum, with all its rules and gentlemen, allows you to continue disrespecting people and acting in a very childish, unprofessional manner as you do.
    edited January 2012
    Fair enough.

1) gambling is illegal. I like to track systems and situations from a psychological standpoint. I heart numbers and competition.

2) I could truly care less if certain posters post plays. I learned many years ago that following wasn't for me, except in certain instances. Having said that, when you participate in a board that encourages truth in recordkeeping such as bt, play by the rules.

I also have taken a logic course or two and been around a forum or three. MIA posters do not go MIA when they are winning (except in the rare circumstance of legitimately going tout).
    edited January 2012
    Frankly, I am sorry I checked back in here tonight. I am tired from moving, sore and now irritated. Oh well....frankly none of this even warrants a response. I am done with this....no reason for this thread to even approach the infamous "Dude" thread.

As far as record...yeah, I lost a few units over a couple weeks posted. I also lost those in my account (I do actually wager on the plays). Is 2 weeks of posts respective of the entire season? If you think that sample size supports all the BS you post....well, your level of "sharp" just took a nosedive.

Sorry for anyone that followed and missed a couple plays. Bad timing if nothing else.

It's been fun....
    edited January 2012
    BTW...I would suggest the moderators, if they are out there, lock this shit down so the others here don't have to get dragged down in the abyss with this...
    edited January 2012
    Legitimate question, if you were 12-6, +5.4u at the time of your move, would you have quit posting for a week or so?
    edited January 2012
    My comments have nothing to do with records. They have to do with your behavior. When did it become your job to criticize people? I don't care what euro's record or anyone else's record is. i enjoy reading his thoughts and others' thoughts, regardless of their record. And regardless of one's record, everyone here should be treated with respect. That is a concept you are apparently incapable of understanding, just as you were incapable of understanding it at other forums in which you also showed repeated diarespect of this kind. It bewilders me why this forum, with all its rules and gentlemen, allows you to continue disrespecting people and acting in a very childish, unprofessional manner as you do.

Well said, agree 100%!
    edited January 2012
    Run them all off Contrarian, great job, better yet go start your own forum, so you can be by yourself and not run off the good contributors!
    edited January 2012
    golfguru1 wrote: »
    Run them all off Contrarian, great job, better yet go start your own forum, so you can be by yourself and not run off the good contributors!

I guess I should be flattered that you think I have the power and psychological prowess to run off the supposed best posters in forumville. But again, the fact is that MIA posters do not go MIA because they are winning.

I'm giving ya pearls here, Charlie.
    edited January 2012
    I guess I should be flattered that you think I have the power and psychological prowess to run off the supposed best posters in forumville. But again, the fact is that MIA posters do not go MIA because they are winning.

I'm giving ya pearls here, Charlie.

I am not here for there post of picks, mostly there insight and thoughts that are contributing and positive to games, etc. I can follow myself if I am
    interested in the record, people like euro, c2c, dude and many others are great contributors with knowledge of the industry. That is what I am interested
    in, not a school teacher who just surfs around and wants to be king. I am done and sorry as well I came in to find these threads, Sorry Ras and Goats, I will not comment anymore on these type threads, just enjoyed so much this forum with the posters, now they are gone.
  • RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited January 2012
    Having a clear cut long term winning record isn't a necessity for someone to have the potential to contribute something of value to the forum. If it were, yourself (Contrarian) and almost everyone else here and on every other forum shouldn't be posting.

Particularly if someone provides info/analysis with their picks, even occassionally, their posts can be very useful.

Contrarian: We're fine with you RESPECTFULLY pointing out recordkeeping and/or rule violations from time to time, but this negative drivel over and over again is unwanted and isn't helping the forum at all. Consider this a last warning.
  • Sam BSam B Member
    edited January 2012
    Now I'm sorry I asked. "Legitimate question," why is Contrarian welcome here when he admittedly doesn't bet and goes out of his way to make it difficult for those of us that do? I can't think of a reason why someone like that would be permitted to continue posting here.