Betting Talk

Wisconsin

PettimorePettimore Senior Member
edited February 2012 in Sports Betting
Why are they favored on the road today?...Bucky Badger?..probably cuz they will cost me some money

Comments

• Tkauffman09Tkauffman09 Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    I think this game should be a pick'em. Wisky has won the last ten meetings SU, but this isn't the same Michigan team. THis is a much improved Michigan team with some potential NBA talent.
  • lastwaverocklastwaverock Member
    edited January 2012
    I agree that this number seems off. But as strong as I lean towards Michigan I just can't bet against a desperate Bo Ryan coached team. I almost never bet against Wisconsin anyway, but off of two losses it seems especially tough.
  • PettimorePettimore Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    I agree that this number seems off. But as strong as I lean towards Michigan I just can't bet against a desperate Bo Ryan coached team. I almost never bet against Wisconsin anyway, but off of two losses it seems especially tough.

You could be right.........but I'll be the fool then
  • Chisox6Chisox6 Senior Member
    edited January 2012

Agree with above...I'm a Wisco alum and huge fan, but I thought MI would be favored by 2-3 at home...however, it appears money coming in on WI also (see some 2.5s now). Stevie Y on MI. Maybe it's because people think Wisconsin will snap out of their terrible 3pt shooting slump today.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    Wisky just an over-rated team and the public just hasn't realized it yet. With that said it's still a pass for me.
  • TheRebTheReb Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    Line IS off of what it should be, same as it was when Wisky was coming off the loss against Iowa and nobody thought they would lose back to back at home when Sparty notched them. So if you look at where they should be now compared to the Wolverines coming off a tough road loss against the Hoosiers, you can see why Stevie is on the home dog...sorry Stevie but I agree with you (hope that's not the kiss of death :-)
  • blueblue Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    I think disciplined and patient teams can beat the young Wolverines. That said, I don't think Wisconsin is that good this year . Either way it is a no play for me. I kind of like the over 113 though...
  • tribecalledjefftribecalledjeff Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    I agree that Wisconsin is overrated. They're efficiency numbers are off the charts and they look like god on kenpom because they don't ever stop playing the right way, even when up big in 2nd halves. Similar to their football team, they appear better than they are because they destroy weaker competition. When they step up a bit, the results aren't as good. They had a close lose at NC on the road, lost to Marquette at home, lost to Michigan State at home (OT), and lost to Iowa at home. They've got quality wins over BYU on a neutral and UNLV at home. The rest of their games have been cupcakes and they even struggled

I am a Michigan homer, and Bo Ryan and John Beilein and probably my 2 favorite coaches in the country. I lean Michigan because of what I said about Wisconsin being overrated, but as lwr said, I can't fade Bo Ryan off of 2 losses. If I were backing Wisconsin I'd also feel like I was falling into a trap, since the number does seem off to me. at Wisconsin Milwaukee. They have not had a good road win yet, though I give them a lot of credit for the UNC game. Flip this game to Madison and is Wisconsin really laying 9ish?

Sorry for the long post that really has no point aside from "I'm not playing the game" lol.

Good luck to anybody who does.
    edited January 2012
    I would like Mich at-2...so I'm not gonna whine if it goes down..........lost many of these and won many more
  • hotbustophotbustop Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    Big 10 coaching is off the charts these days isn't it?
    Izoo, Ryan, Beilein, Matta just to start. These guys are all HOF'ers in my opinion.
  • BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    Michigan is 9-0 at home this year--- Beilein is 0-9 vs Wisconsin--- something's got to give. It's not worth much this year, but, I'm on Michigan.
    edited January 2012
    Beilein getting pts at home is poison indeed. I love betting on him as a dog. He cashed the other night vs Indiana as well. Doubt you'll see them as an underdog the rest of the way at home.
    edited January 2012
    hotbustop wrote: »
    Beilein getting pts at home is poison indeed. I love betting on him as a dog. He cashed the other night vs Indiana as well. Doubt you'll see them as an underdog the rest of the way at home.

Ohio State
    edited January 2012
    If Ohio State is favored at Michigan giddy up I'll be sure to cash my ticket on the Wolverines. College basketball is watered down. Ohio State is good relative to the competition, but they are by no means a great team. Michigan is a top 10 team, can't see them giving pts to Ohio State.
    edited January 2012
    If Ohio State is favored at Michigan giddy up I'll be sure to cash my ticket on the Wolverines. College basketball is watered down. Ohio State is good relative to the competition, but they are by no means a great team. Michigan is a top 10 team, can't see them giving pts to Ohio State.

If Wisconsin was favored there.....why wouldn't Ohio State be?
    edited January 2012

I'll give you Michigan +1 right now for as much as you want. Giddy up.
    edited January 2012
    You got it.
    edited January 2012
    tribeca wrote: »
    I agree that Wisconsin is overrated. Their efficiency numbers are off the charts and they look like god on kenpom because they don't ever stop playing the right way, even when up big in 2nd halves. Similar to their football team, they appear better than they are because they destroy weaker competition. When they step up a bit, the results aren't as good. They had a close loss at NC on the road, lost to Marquette at home, lost to Michigan State at home (OT), and lost to Iowa at home. They've got quality wins over BYU on a neutral and UNLV at home. The rest of their games have been cupcakes and they even struggled at Wisconsin Milwaukee.

I am a Michigan homer, and Bo Ryan and John Beilein are probably my 2 favorite coaches in the country. I lean Michigan because of what I said about Wisconsin being overrated, but as lwr said, I can't fade Bo Ryan off of 2 losses. If I were backing Wisconsin I'd also feel like I was falling into a trap, since the number does seem off to me. They have not had a good road win yet, though I give them a lot of credit for the UNC game. Flip this game to Madison and is Wisconsin really laying 9ish?

Sorry for the long post that really has no point aside from "I'm not playing the game" lol.

Good luck to anybody who does.

Wow this post is embarrassing. I wrote it on my phone, if that helps explain it. It tilts me that it's there forever now.
    edited January 2012
    You got it.

You can't be serious, this line will be 7ish imo. But if you are, find someone to hold the money and name your price. I'm certainly on board.
    edited January 2012
    You can't be serious, this line will be 7ish imo. But if you are, find someone to hold the money and name your price. I'm certainly on board.

7??????
    edited January 2012
    There cannot be many cases where two top 10 teams play from the same conference and the home team is a dog. Michigan is a top 10 team in my opinion and if they are that will put them with maybe 1 more loss before they play the Buckeyes. I cannot see if this happens they'll be a dog at home. The last time I checked the Buckeyes weren't Lew Alcindor's UCLA teams. I might be crazy, we shall see.
    edited January 2012

I'll take a couple dimes
    edited January 2012
    at 7..........
    edited January 2012
    There cannot be many cases where two top 10 teams play from the same conference and the home team is a dog. Michigan is a top 10 team in my opinion and if they are that will put them with maybe 1 more loss before they play the Buckeyes. I cannot see if this happens they'll be a dog at home. The last time I checked the Buckeyes weren't Lew Alcindor's UCLA teams. I might be crazy, we shall see.

I think you're making a line on what you feel rather than logic and facts. I also think you're looking at the rankings as though they hold any meaning at all. Michigan is not a top 10 team. Can you really seem them on the 3 slot when the NCAA tournament seedings come out in March?

IU just hosted OSU and was catching 5' (same as when they hosted Kentucky, fwiw). Then IU was laying 7' to Michigan at IU. So on a neutral, that puts OSU 9-9' over Indiana, and Indiana 3'-4 over Michigan. Realistically, looking at that, what number do you think we'll see?

Do I think that it will be as high as those spreads might indicate? No, but they indicate OSU -13ish on a neutral to me, so -9ish at Michigan. I'd say that we see OSU -7/8. Now, I'm with you that I'll be looking for a reason to play Michigan + the points if I get a fair number, but to say they won't be a dog isn't reasonable.
    edited January 2012
    Pettimore wrote: »
    at 7..........

I'm not looking to play anything at 7, at least not until I see what the two teams do in the few games prior.

What do you think the number will be?
    edited January 2012
    I think Michigan can end up a 3 seed for sure. They are mature, have a pro and a great coach.
    edited January 2012
    Having said that I think Michigan state is better
    edited January 2012
    Doubt you'll see them as an underdog the rest of the way at home.

2 point dog to MSU tomorrow.
    edited February 2012

Sorry I was away and couldn't post the play. But from start to finish Michigan was in complete control.

EASY MONEY for a very underrated team. The wrong team was favored.
  • ContrarianContrarian Banned
    edited February 2012
    Sorry I was away and couldn't post the play. But from start to finish Michigan was in complete control.

EASY MONEY for a very underrated team. The wrong team was favored.

How cute. Of course it was easy money for you.

From the bt rules: 7. Unless you are a paid site sponsor, do not refer to any past picks or post any records of picks that were not originally posted on the BettingTalk forum before the outcome was determined. This includes any picks given out in the chat room.