Betting Talk

? for Ras

PettimorePettimore Senior Member
edited January 2012 in Sports Betting
Would you even CONSIDER playing your totals at 3 points worse?

Comments

• PettimorePettimore Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    .......?
  • worm33worm33 Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    The generic answer he is going to give you here is no. If you email him though he may give you a little more insight.
    edited January 2012
    I understand........but I think is an honest question........cuz you can't get the numbers.......I used too.......but of course I lost all those outs
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    i think RAS would say it totally depends on each play individually as some plays he is going to have his line that he came up with for the play much higher or lower than the actual line he bet on. So sometimes he may say yes but in general he is going to say not a chance in most sports as the lines are awful sharp.
    edited January 2012
    I agree.....early it not so important........in December.......but now it's tough......thanks for the replys
  • RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited January 2012
    Generally speaking, no. You want to beat the closing line on average, and the totals are beating the close by 2.85 points on average, so I would advise at least staying within 1.5 points. Maybe even less as we move furter along in conference play.

Review the RAS user guide carefully for further advice on getting the release line. If you still can't get full game line, try the 1H line, it has almost identical long term +EV.
  • increasedoddincreasedodd Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    Seems to me books are starting to overreact.

Early on you could play the pick and play again at 1-2 pts worse. Now it's play the pick and play again at 3-5 pts worse.

Since lines are clearly getting sharper (And frankly I think RAS is better at sides) I'm playing the pick for all I can get and betting back at 3+ pts or the ridiculous +130-+140 Pinny offers.

Sean
  • BeardedTacoBeardedTaco Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    RightAngle wrote: »
    Generally speaking, no. You want to beat the closing line on average, and the totals are beating the close by 2.85 points on average, so I would advise at least staying within 1.5 points. Maybe even less as we move furter along in conference play.

Review the RAS user guide carefully for further advice on getting the release line. If you still can't get full game line, try the 1H line, it has almost identical long term +EV.

slight bump

New to the forum but I was wondering about betting the first half line. I'm sort of torn when it comes to betting an OVER 1h in a RAS play for example since one of your angles might be that a +14 dog will actually be more "active" in keeping it close then the books think and there will be fouls at the end of the game.

Ex: there was a game earlier in the year where Santa Clara played Oklahoma. The first half was low scoring but at the end of the game the Santa Clara coached started fouling down 8-10 points with about 2 mins left. Couple of FTs and some Santa Clara 3s and the total hit. I know you guys watch some tape and focus a lot on pace etc. but I'm sure late game coaching philosophies also come into play in your analysis.
  • RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited January 2012
    There will be games like that, and then there will be others that fly over first half, and then tighten up and play under in the second. In the end it is all very similar +EV.