Betting Talk

puke on Air Force

jaanisjaanis Senior Member
edited December 2011 in Sports Betting
Seriously. Everything about this game makes me sick. I bet Toledo and 2nd half over.

Comments

• jaanisjaanis Senior Member
    edited December 2011
    Game has been back and forth why do the fake?
  • sflinnersflinner Senior Member
    edited December 2011
    Exactly!!!! How the hell do you not take it to ot???? Dumbest play i have ever seen, work or not stupid!
  • atreat600atreat600 Senior Member
    edited December 2011
    Sick to my stomache
  • vegas dixvegas dix Senior Member
    edited December 2011
    vomited already
  • StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited December 2011
    I had Toledo but I liked the call. There are certain spots I would call for a fake that no one does. This was one of them. What better time to fake an EP. Your opponent sees you are playing for OT, they are going all out for a block. The edges of the D are crashing. I'd personally throw it since you can get separation because no one is expecting anyone to run a pass route and they usually forget their reads, but I loved the fake(as much as you can love someone doing something you have waited a long time to see knowing that your bet is fucked).

The other time I would love to see a fake is when you score to go up 7 in a high scoring game in the 4th qtr. That may sound stupid but that's part of the beauty of it. Again, no one would expect it and they are going for the block to keep it at 7. Bigger difference that late in the game being up 9 instead of 8 over being up 8 instead of 7.
  • waddywaddy Senior Member
    edited December 2011
    If you want to go for 2, then go for 2.
    Line up the worlds best running game and run the damn ball in.
    BUT NEVER FAKE A PAT.

You could tell when that player on the sideline slammed his helmet he wanted to say what kinda fucking call was that!!!!!
  • BiggTBiggT Senior Member
    edited December 2011
    If the guy tosses the ball a lot sooner, he walks in. I liked the call. Go 4 the W
  • jaanisjaanis Senior Member
    edited December 2011
    Waddy completely right. It is sad when both announcers on TV know you are going to fake it as well.
  • BayOceanBayOcean Senior Member
    edited December 2011
    And as Lou Holtz said-- dumb play- go for ot and May said great try it's a bowl game have some fun and the try to win was a bad play design..
  • BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited December 2011
    College OT favors the offenses. Air Force small D most likely couldn't keep stopping Toledo. I had AF money line-- and was hoping for a fake. This discussion would be totally different if the guy pitches the ball 2 seconds earlier. Of course, had they made it, Toledo still gets the ball back with 52 seconds left.
  • bostonbeaglebostonbeagle Member
    edited December 2011
    The guy didn't even try to pitch....he fumbled and the ball happened to go in that direction.
  • waddywaddy Senior Member
    edited December 2011
    The guy didn't even try to pitch....he fumbled and the ball happened to go in that direction.

Plus if he did try and pitch it, it was to the kicker and his blazing speed.
    I shouldn't complain, I had Air Force as my 10pt game in the contest, but this still stinks the next day.
    Yes, OT favors the offense, and Little Sisters of the poor could score 8 out of 10 times vs Toledo.
    Anyway, the Air Force qb had been there for a long time and the Toledo qb was brand new