Betting Talk

Line differences with local

chakachaka Senior Member
edited October 2011 in Sports Betting
My local has a couple of lines that are off from where they are at other places and I was wondering if I could get some opinions if they are worth me looking into.

He has:

Arkansas - 18 It's 15.5 most other places
Wisconsin - 10.5 It's 7 to 7.5 at other places
Okla St -9 It's 6.5 most other places

Are these discrepancies worth looking at. Wisc and Okla St cover some key numbers

Comments

• worm33worm33 Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    Do yourself a favor and bet all 3, and then continue to look for these and blindly bet them all until he cuts you off.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited October 2011
    worm33 wrote: »
    Do yourself a favor and bet all 3, and then continue to look for these and blindly bet them all until he cuts you off.

Basically this.

You have two options here depending on your BR and how you want to go about it.

1. If we knew he would never cut you off, you'd want to max bet all of them and then middle off the extra assuming your BR can't handle the max bet (if it can, you'd just bet the max and collect your winnings). You can still choose to do this of course, with the knowledge that you'll likely get cut off off sooner rather than later.

2. If you want to try to maintain longevity and not kill the golden goose, you'd want to bet whatever amount both fits within your BR and you believe won't get you cut off as quickly.

Either way, this is free money.
  • chakachaka Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    I guess my main question is do I try to hit the middle on any of these or just bet on the side I am getting the extra points on. Also, how far off from the concensus line should I be looking for?
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited October 2011
    chaka wrote: »
    I guess my main question is do I try to hit the middle on any of these or just bet on the side I am getting the extra points on. Also, how far off from the concensus line should I be looking for?

If you have no opinion whatsoever on the games, the long term answer (that would give you the biggest edge) is simply to just bet the single side. You'll obviously deal with more variance, but no sense in giving juice back to "another" house if you don't have to.
  • TheDudeTheDude Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    Is he looking for new clients? ;)
  • increasedoddincreasedodd Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    This reminds me of when I had a local who allowed unlimited correlated parlays and paid 3:1 on 2 teamers. Got him for a nice sum before he ran off.