Betting Talk

WSOP TV Question

jaanisjaanis Senior Member
edited July 2011 in Sports Betting
Can someone tell me why they don't show the player hands anymore on TV? I mean isn't that what gave the WSOP and Poker on TV its value and entertainment??

Comments

• GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited July 2011
    jaanis wrote: »
    Can someone tell me why they don't show the player hands anymore on TV? I mean isn't that what gave the WSOP and Poker on TV its value and entertainment??

I assume you're talking about the past few days worth of main event coverage. It's because they were showing the hands live (or almost-live).

The normal, edited broadcasts of select preliminary events and the edited version of the main event begin airing on Tuesday night with hole cards exposed like you're used to seeing.
  • dtrain11dtrain11 Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    From what I hear, the hands were on a 30 minute delay (from an old roomate who grew up with Giannetti). With or without the delay, showing each players hand could give out some sort of read on the way he is playing at the table during that session.

I guess the final table will also be like this?
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited July 2011
    dtrain11 wrote: »
    I guess the final table will also be like this?

Pretty sure it will be the same deal... you can watch the "almost-live" version without hole cards or the edited version a day or two later.
  • jaanisjaanis Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    I understand now. Well having both is a good thing then.
  • utixutix Banned
    edited July 2011
    jaanis wrote: »
    I mean isn't that what gave the WSOP and Poker on TV its value and entertainment??

NO, this coverage is 100x better than the old coverage where it was nothing but Allin/call poker