Betting Talk

Just noticed this.....

bixlerbixler Senior Member
edited July 2011 in Sports Betting
Not gambling related but I just glanced at the MLB standings and noticed out of 30 teams, only 2 (Texas and Seattle) have current win or loss streaks greater than 2. The entire rest of MLB has win or loss streaks of 1 or 2. Just thought that was odd when over 93% of the teams showed 1 or 2 in the streak column.

It's also interesting to note the streaks for Texas and Seattle are much larger ( 11 wins for Texas, 9 losses for Seattle) than 1 or 2.

Comments

• BuckyBadgerBuckyBadger Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    bixler wrote: »
    Not gambling related but I just glanced at the MLB standings and noticed out of 30 teams, only 2 (Texas and Seattle) have current win or loss streaks greater than 2. The entire rest of MLB has win or loss streaks of 1 or 2. Just thought that was odd when over 93% of the teams showed 1 or 2 in the streak column.

It's also interesting to note the streaks for Texas and Seattle are much larger ( 11 wins for Texas, 9 losses for Seattle) than 1 or 2.

One of the things I chart in bases is how betting on winning streaks or betting against losing of 3 games or more are doing. It often surprises me how many of these streaks there are or how few there are on any given day. To validate what youv'e stated, this is the first day since April 3rd when no team in MLB does not have a current winning or losing streak of at least 3 games.

By the way, betting on teams winning at least 3 in a row: YTD 177-162, -3.9 units
    Betting against teams losing at least 3 or more games: YTD 187-169, +6.8 units
    and betting on teams with a 3 game or more winning streak who are playing against teams with a 3 game or more losing streak; 70-51 +12.0 units
  • dtrain11dtrain11 Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    Interesting angle bucky. Good stats, where do you get these numbers from? Specifically the 3 game win vs 3 game lose, I would like to go back a few years.
    edited July 2011
    dtrain11 wrote: »
    Interesting angle bucky. Good stats, where do you get these numbers from? Specifically the 3 game win vs 3 game lose, I would like to go back a few years.

just my own records. I didn't start tracking these separately until last year. In 2010 I had the win threes at 291-289, -40.3 units, and the lose (fades) threes 299-261, -3.1 units.
    There's about a dozen different factors I track in MLB each day and I just keep the records in my MLB/Don Best schedule book
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    just my own records. I didn't start tracking these separately until last year. In 2010 I had the win threes at 291-289, -40.3 units, and the lose (fades) threes 299-261, -3.1 units.
    There's about a dozen different factors I track in MLB each day and I just keep the records in my MLB/Don Best schedule book

Thanks for sharing I find this information always helpful. You made this statement for this year "betting on teams with a 3 game or more winning streak who are playing against teams with a 3 game or more losing streak; 70-51 +12.0 units"

Do you have the record from 2010 like you have the Win 3's and Lose 3's separately.
    edited July 2011
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing I find this information always helpful. You made this statement for this year "betting on teams with a 3 game or more winning streak who are playing against teams with a 3 game or more losing streak; 70-51 +12.0 units"

Do you have the record from 2010 like you have the Win 3's and Lose 3's separately.
    Unfortunately no. This is the first year I've ever tracked the W3 vs L3