Betting Talk

Rotation #s

HavanaHavana Senior Member
edited October 2010 in Sports Betting
Although I have been on both sides of the table in Havana, Gatlinburg, The Nevada Club and the Stardust, to this day I play poker nearly every night. Therefore, rotation #s are of great help since it speeds up my sports selections and I can reliably make the poker games on time. I count on BT members to recommend picks since I know nothing about sports of value. Subsequently, I am asking for rotation numbers as a matter of professional courtesy. Thank you.

Comments

• originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    No problem; my goal in life is to keep all people happy!!!

Best Havana
  • atreat600atreat600 Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    enough with the rotation numbers, we know you prefer them when people post!
  • HavanaHavana Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    In no other wagering are significant specifications left out. It is not like I am asking to see the dealer's hole card. In any year there are hundreds of team names and even confusing descriptions. In Vegas when you go to the window are you not required to be rotation specific? Or do you just say "I'll wager $$$ on the Tigers or do I mean the Baptist Tigers? Maybe I mean the Pacific Tigers or any of the other Tigers. I know the absurdity of what I just illustrated. As a professional site BT may see the the professionalism of rotation numbers as another upgrade to distinguish it's self from the common pack. I am hoping that rotation #s will be required
    as an upgrade. It is not a matter of my subjugation but rather a quality and accuracy upgrade.
  • BookbrakerBookbraker Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    I'm sure if you specified a league like NFL and said bet Detroit or whoever they will understand even if you don't.
  • RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited October 2010
    Havana, you have stated your preference and the reasons for it, which I happen to agree with, but you cannot force people to post rotation numbers.
  • kass101kass101 Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    If you honestly have so little knowledge of what you are betting that all you rely on are the rotation numbers, then I am sorry. If you are such an avid gamble as you state you are than I am sure that you can spend the small time that is needed to familiarize yourself with the teams in the sports you wager on. It is the same as stating I play poker but do not know the cards in the deck.
  • SnakeheadSnakehead Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    Havana makes a point that I pointed out a year or two ago. There are a lot of COLLEGE teams. And the more information given, the better, if people are really posting to HELP others, and not posting just to get praised for winning. Someone that used to post here seemed to intentionally post so that you had to decipher his plays. He sometimes used only team nicknames and posted very close to kickoff. Once he posted a play on the Owls and I knew Temple, but didn't know Rice is also the Owls. When I researched it, there were 6 teams named Owls, though I can't remember if more than 2 were Div. I.
    Rotation numbers may be a lot to ask for, but saying NHL COL is not cool because it could be Columbus, not Colorado. But I think the problem is with college FB and basketball more than any other sport. Or if you're playing foreign sports teams. If you give me Rice, I can search the page. But is you say USC, it could be Calif. or Carolina. (if you give me USC and a rotation #, then I know exactly what your play is)

If you don't want to be clear about who you are playing, then why are you even posting your plays? The reason to post plays is to let people know what your bets are, and possibly bet with you, correct? There are other examples, like MSU. Or some sites might abbrev. colleges while others won't. So if someone posts Middle Tennessee State Univ, I would have to look at every game to try to find it, unless I knew it MIGHT be abbreviated to MTSU, or Mid-Tenn St, etc.
    A couple years ago rotation numbers would've helped me a lot. It would still help in some situations even though I am a lot more familiar with the teams than before.
  • spareshooterspareshooter Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    When gathering information or confirmation of my own plays, it is somewhat difficult to go through the complete schedule to find a particular team. I always post rotation number as a courtesy to those who may be interested. It takes a couple of seconds to add them, but saves the reader perhaps more to find.
    Spare
  • BayOceanBayOcean Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    You will get them from me!
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited October 2010
    RightAngle wrote: »
    Havana, you have stated your preference and the reasons for it, which I happen to agree with, but you cannot force people to post rotation numbers.

That would be my take on the issue as well.