Betting Talk

Preseason NHL

tiptontipton Senior Member
edited September 2010 in Sports Betting
Chicago at Tampa tonight. Chicago of course gets a ton of respect because they won the cup last year…. But how can tampa be +170 when comparing lineups ? all of the tampa stars are playing on home ice and Chicago is sitting many regulars. No way in hell should Chicago be almost a 2-1 favorite in a preseason away game with these lineups.

TAMPA BAY
Left Wing

Center

Right Wing

14 Brett Connolly 91 Steven Stamkos 26 Martin St. Louis A
12 Simon Gagne 4 Vincent Lecavalier C 15 Carter Ashton
11 Eric Perrin 38 Paul Szczechura 46 Juraj Simek
37 Chris Durno 49 Blair Jones 29 Mitch Fritz
Defense

Defense

77 Victor Hedman 13 Pavel Kubina
39 Mike Lundin 8 Matt Jones
3 Ty Wishart 75 Radko Gudas
Goaltender

33 Dan Ellis
30 Cedrick Desjardins

CHICAGO
Left Wing

Center

Right Wing

26 Igor Makarov 19 Jonathan Toews C 81 Marian Hossa
15 Fernando Pisani 10 Patrick Sharp A 25 Viktor Stalberg
27 Jeremy Morin 36 Dave Bolland 20 Jack Skille
29 Bryan Bickell 47 Evan Brophey 65 Nick Tarnasky
Defense

Defense

2 Duncan Keith A 24 Nick Boynton
37 Nick Leddy 5 Jassen Cullimore
56 Brian Connelly 6 Jordan Hendry
Goaltender

30 MartY Turco
33 Hannu Toivonen

For the Penguins/Red Wings game tonight a bit of info. I'm a Penguins season ticket holder, I haven't missed a home game in 3 years and I read absolutely everything about this team. When it comes to betting them I don't have my blinders on thats for sure - I bet montreal in game 7 against them last year for one. I think there is a TON of value in tonights preseason game against Detroit. For one, this is the first preseason game at the pens new arena so they will play in front of 18,000. The penguins are playing their stars - Malkin, Crosby and best defensive pairing with Orpik/Michalek. The pens also have some huge battles in camp to play on this roster with Tangradi the pens top prospect trying to make the team in a top 6 role to play alongside Malkin and Tyler Kennedy who has been a regular for years is on the outs and is said to be battling to keep his spot. Additionally, MAF the pens starter will be in goal where as for Detroit Howard their starter hasn't made the trip. For Detroit, their D is mostly AHL/6th D guys, except for Ericksson and Stuart and Detroit hasn't dressed any of their stars Lindstrom, Datsyuk and Zetterberg are all out. I think betting the pens -1/2 a goal in regulation +105 is a pretty solid bet

lineups:

wings

Franzen-Filppula-Bertuzzi
Hudler-Modano-Cleary
Ritola-Helm-Eaves
Miller-Abdelkader-Downey

Stuart-Kindl
Ericsson-Salei
Meech-Lashoff

Osgood
McCollum

pens

Sterling-Crosby-Dupuis
Tangradi-Comrie-Malkin
Wallace-Letestu-Kennedy
Craig-Vitale-Boulerice

Orpik-Michalek
Letang-Strait
Potter-Hutchinson

Fleury starts, backed up by Thiessen

Comments

• challenger1challenger1 Senior Member
    edited September 2010
    Very well done. I found your post too late but I will be looking forward to the next. GL
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited September 2010
    Now this seems like a potentially beatable market (not that it really qualifies as a market).

Tipton, have you been betting NHL preseason for some time or is this your first season?
  • tiptontipton Senior Member
    edited September 2010
    this is the first year i have seen lines for preseason pucks, which are easy to find at 5dimes...but yes it seems like a beatable market if you do the research on who is playing. that pens game was as easy as they come last night with the lineups being played and circumstances the wings had little chance.

tonight's plays:

Florida -115 - best bet
    NJ Devils -130
    Leafs +210 (small)

Boston@Florida

This game is being played in Rochester. Boston just played last night so for some reason they are playing back to back games. Florida has been here for a few days waiting and they are going with a veteran lineup tonight where as the bruins have mostly AHL players battling for jobs with a couple vets that are good. The lineup florida has announced is much better. Bruins start backup goal

The top line of Stephen Weiss, David Booth and Michael Frolik will make its exhibition debut, as will starting goalie Tomas Vokoun and rookie goalie Tyler Plante.

The Rochester fans are floridas AHL affiliate and on paper florida has a much better lineup playing tonight, they are playing all their best players and a veteran lineup where as boston has many AHLers and rookies playing. Bet florida for sure.

Florida
    Booth-Weiss-Frolik
    Higgins-Reinprecht-Stillman
    McArdle-Reasoner-Bitz
    Peters-Foster-Thomas

McCabe-Kulikov
    Allen-Gudbranson
    Ellerby-Wideman

Vokoun; Plante

Bruins
    Lucic - Krejci - Marchand
    Knight - Hamill - Thornton
    LoVecchio - Colborne - Ryder
    MacDermid - Arniel - MacDonald

Chara - McIver
    Stuart - Kampfer
    Penner - Ference

Schaefer
    Rask

Devils @ Rangers

The devils are a much much stronger team to begin with, and the lineup they are playing tonight includes their best players. The rangers are not playing Lunquivist in net where as the devils are playing Brodeur as well and all the stars – Kovulchuk, Parise, etc. play the devils. Hell -1/2 at +140 seems good to me.

Lineups
    http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=27899207&postcount=1

Leafs@ Flyers

This game is being played in London, Ontario. Both teams are dressing a bad lineup, but there is no way that philly should be such a huge favorite. Leafs are playing their starting goalie and best defenseman. Flyers aren’t playing Richards or pronger

xxx-Carter-xxx
    Guerin-xxx-xxx
    Testwuide-Holmstrom-xxx
    Rowe-Kalinski-Moore

the leafs lineup is bad, but so is the flyers…. The game is being played in front of an all leafs crowd and being broadcast on Leafs TV in canada. At +210 given that both lineups are bad the leafs are worth a small play.
    edited September 2010
    add

Carolina +158

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=821595

preds are playing a ton of young guys and Carolina is playing their entire top 2 lines amongst other things.
    edited September 2010
    hell...can't resist to play this after finding the full lineups

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=821672 = lineups

the lightning just played last night. They are sitting Stamkos, Lacavelier, St Louis, and Gagne their 4 top players. Oilers are playing far more regulars, even if they were the worst team last year they are at home playing a tampa lineup who’s only offensive players are Malone and downie playing in the lineup. Oilers have their best offensive players playing and #1 draft pick Taylor Hall is playing. They are at home in Edmonton and there is a ton of buzz since it’s the #1 picks first game.

Playing at home -115 you have to bet the oilers in this spot with tampa’s lineup.
  • tschifanotschifano Senior Member
    edited September 2010
    Tipdon Well done Thanks !! Tom
  • challenger1challenger1 Senior Member
    edited September 2010
    Thanks again!!
  • dtrain11dtrain11 Senior Member
    edited September 2010
    Looks like you might be on to something. Keep up the good work!
  • RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited September 2010
    Great stuff, thanks.
    edited September 2010
    Late posting sorry

Detroit....huge mismatch big play

Columbus

St louis

Dallas
    edited September 2010
    missed Detroit gd call 2-0 already !!
    edited September 2010
    as a Pens fan I'm really surprised they managed to beat columbus with all 3rd and 4th liners....but I guess that bodes well for later on. crazy that they pulled that off with the lineup they sent out there but a much more physical lineup comes through.

may have a play on this shark game late tonight. the anaheim lineup is nowhere to be found. the sharks are playing the majority of their star players and the starting goalie is playing the entire game which is pretty rare in the preseason. it all comes down to ryan and selanne are out for the ducks i know that, but can't find any other lineup info. its supossed to be posted during the pregame skate.
  • RayboltsRaybolts Senior Member
    edited September 2010
    Great Work T
    edited September 2010
    couldn't find that ducks lineup and laid off. their reporting is atrocious couldn't find it on twitter or anywhere. glad i did because Perry and Getzlaf are playing which are the ducks 2 best players, with them playing san jose shouldn't have been a -170 favorite. big card tomorrow...
  • MikeRASMikeRAS Senior Handicapper
    edited September 2010
    Great pass in SJ...
    edited September 2010
    some of the mismatches with the lineups in these games are insane. I'm playing most of these in regulation -1/2 just to lay less juice or get +money

STRONG:
    NJ Devils
    Boston Bruins
    Buffalo Sabres
    Chicago Blackhawks

Smaller:
    Minnesota Wild
    Ottawa Senators

the pens are playing a much better lineup tonight but there is a ton of juice to lay so not playing it, the game is closer than the lines currently available in my opinion. may play Vancouver late as they are playing most of their stars and luango is in net for the full game. want to see that anaheim lineup for sure though and can't find it yet.
    edited September 2010
    sorry the lines moved a ton after i posted these i played them at - all -1/2. just an FYI for anyone who sees this later on

Boston -125
    NJ Devils -105
    buffalo +105
    blackhawks +100
    senators +125

moneyline
    wild +110
    edited September 2010
    any PLAYS tonight ?