Betting Talk

All Star Rosters are a joke

waddywaddy Senior Member
edited July 2010 in Sports Betting
How can they get all these 2 month flash in the pans in the game, but not Votto??
68 players and they still can't get it right. There might be more guys that are not within a mile of being an all star since the beginning of time.
When does Selig get the hell out of baseball??

Comments

• topplayertopplayer Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    Michael Young not in? What a joke!!!!!
  • round robinround robin Member
    edited July 2010
    what about BIG PHELF???
  • Wire2WireWire2Wire Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    PELFREY will be named to the team.Some pitcher picked is due to start Sunday.Glad to see STRASBURGH was not picked.Three weeks in the bigs and a 2 win 2 loss record is not ALL STAR material.FORGET THE HYPE...LET HIM EARN IT...w2w
  • waddywaddy Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    Omar Infante, is this a joke of some sort.

Arthur Rhodes, nothing I hate more than some stiff who never has been, or never will be an all star type player who gets rewarded for having a couple of flukey months.

and Ty Wigginton, holy shit
  • utixutix Banned
    edited July 2010
    why does anyone care?
  • BettorThenMeBettorThenMe Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    i agree votto is having a very good year, but he plays first base in the national league. therein lies the problem, first base is so stacked in the nl. who would you leave off the roster at first, pujols or howard or gonzo? ever heard of prince fielder, what about james loney (terrific offensively and fantastic glove). i have a problem with some of the nl pitchers more than the position players. give me kershaw over lincecum (both 8-4 but kershaw era a half run lower, plus kershaw has been better recently). also give me matt latos over roy halladay (latos is 9-4 with 2.62 era, halladay 9-7 with a 2.42 era). this is nothing more than a popularity game, so how can selig let it decide home field advantage in the world series?
  • LUCKY777LUCKY777 Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    All four of the Padres starting pitchers were forgotten. There's hardly any other reason why that team is leading it's division other than it's starting pitching.
  • SandHanitizerSandHanitizer Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    utix wrote: »
    why does anyone care?

exactly. its an all star game! all these guys are professionals, capable of putting on a show no matter who is playing. I am in favor of new players playing that might not have the stats because they might bring something new to the entertainment and competition. I.E. A rookie having a career day in his debut. Sometimes the gravity of the moment can induce an average, run of the mill ball player to produce entertaining baseball. As far as I am concerned, the only incentive I have towards judging these selections is whether the players will put on a good show for me and as a bettor I will appreciate the variance these new players will add to the handicapping of this game.

Go NL!
  • GooseSTLGooseSTL Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    waddy wrote: »
    How can they get all these 2 month flash in the pans in the game, but not Votto??
    68 players and they still can't get it right. There might be more guys that are not within a mile of being an all star since the beginning of time.
    When does Selig get the hell out of baseball??

First of all, the fans do the voting, there is your problem. Selig can't do anything about how people vote. Yes, managers pick the pitchers, and in the NL, there are 13 pitchers w/ era's under 3.00. So that is a tough one for the manager to pick. I think the players also vote in one person as well. So if someone is left off, you can blame a little of that on the players. But, it is an All-Star game, and Selig is an idiot for making the winner getting home field in the World Series.