Betting Talk

WNBA Live Betting at Pinny

duritodurito Senior Member
edited June 2010 in Sports Betting
Starting tomorrow with both games.

Should be interesting. They use a model to price most of their live stuff, it makes some mistakes. Might be some opportunities for those with access.

Comments

• IcemanIceman Senior Member
    edited May 2010
    Would love to hear your thoughts on this some time Durito. I messed with a bit in a Suns/Lakers game but had no idea what I was doing. Fomr wat I hear it's the "next big thing" with betting on sports (I am actually probably really late to the party).
  • scott_baioscott_baio Senior Member
    edited May 2010
    What are some of the metrics successful live bettors reference?

I can think of a couple, like most points down/ahead each game (for each team) and the eventual final result for one. ANyone else?
  • RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited May 2010
    durito wrote: »
    Starting tomorrow with both games.

Should be interesting. They use a model to price most of their live stuff, it makes some mistakes. Might be some opportunities for those with access.

Hasn't this been going on for all of the playoff games or are you referring to something different than has been offered previously?
    edited May 2010
    RightAngle wrote: »
    Hasn't this been going on for all of the playoff games or are you referring to something different than has been offered previously?

Oh wow, just noticed the "W"! This will be interesting.
  • IcemanIceman Senior Member
    edited May 2010
    LOL. Did the exact same thing and even started to post also till I looked again and read wnba.
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited May 2010
    Yes indeed gentlemen, WNBA.

I was assuming this was a first, but looking now I see both games scheduled to bet dealt live at SBObet tomorrow as well. I assume they've thus done this before (they have live betting on an absurd # of games, like every soccer game every day around the world), but it will be a first at pinny I believe.
  • MikeRASMikeRAS Senior Handicapper
    edited May 2010
    Will be shocked if A) they actually do it and B) If the limits are over $100
    edited May 2010
    Limits are listed at 1k.

I think it's reasonable, especially since sbo has it and pinny copies tons of lines from them daily.

They were taking 5k NHL live tonight.
  • IrishTimIrishTim Senior Member
    edited June 2010
    How often do the lines move on their basketball betting? Every shot, commercial breaks, etc?
  • hornhorn Super Moderator
    edited June 2010
    IrishTim wrote: »
    How often do the lines move on their basketball betting? Every shot, commercial breaks, etc?

I assume it will be at commerical break, I think that's how most places have done it that I have seen, but never seen it for WNBA.
    edited June 2010
    All pinny live betting is commercial breaks only, except for soccer.
  • IrishTimIrishTim Senior Member
    edited June 2010
    Man, I would love to get into live betting (well, after getting into Pinnacle). Durito, you mentioned they are using a model to set their prices - how would you find an advantage against these lines? With a "better" model or by watching the game and trying to "feel" out stuff that a stat model might not compensate for?
    edited June 2010
    So much for that. Lines never came up.
    edited June 2010
    I wasn't home for the first game, but yea saw nothing for the second. I don't get it. Surely someone else saw these listed last night? Pinny does weird stuff some times, but this seems odd.

I did check, SBObet did have the 2nd game live.
  • _Stat__Stat_ Member
    edited June 2010
    I saw them listed, and can confirm that they never went up.

Sportsbetting.com deals WNBA live for peanuts.