Milwaukee, -9, 189
New Orleans, +2, 201
San Antonio, -7.5, 197
Golden St, pk, 230.5

Cya later, BOL

Comments

• TexasHookEmTexasHookEm Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    Wow key, I can't believe this. Obviously, I won't be playing half of these but these were my leans today:

Charlotte -9
    Utah -3
    Boston -4.5
    Sac -1.5
    Hou +8
    New Orleans +5.5
    San Antonio -1

I know your system relies on a projected side/total matching the actual line, but your numbers support (or at the very least don't reject) every one of my leans besides Boston. Seems to be the strongest card in a while.

One quick question, do you see a catch in the Thunder/Rockets game? Rockets rarely lose by DD's and seem to have oklahoma's number over the years. Maybe O.okie can weigh in...
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    Thunder always has had tough time with Rockets; 8 points appears to be very high IMHO; Rockets 3 - 0 so far this season; I'm not touching this game
  • KeyElementKeyElement Banned
    edited March 2010
    TexasHookEm, you seem to perceive exactly what the numbers are for, to be used as a tool or differing opinion to help you arrive at your own conclusions. Okie is right about Houston. They not only give the Thunder fits, but the Thunder have been on quite a roll for a couple of months and may have maxed out on value for a while. The public is slow, but eventually they do catch on and now the Thunder are everybody's darling and drawing too much respect, as least as far as the lines go. None of this is personal with me, just business, but even our favorite OKC fan is starting to back off, so I would respect the numbers I landed on.
    edited March 2010
    Spurs -2, brb with the write up
    edited March 2010
    Spurs -2 over Lakers

A significant majority of the public likes the Lakers at this moment, but the line is moving against the Spurs, so I have to assume a lot of pros, or one of my followers with big bucks, agree with my numbers and are getting down on the Spurs. The Lakers are probably the better team in the long run but are not playing like it recently and have no real need of the win. They sit atop the conference with HCA throughout the Western Conference playoffs and lead Denver for that honor by 5.5 games which they are not likely to surrender. The Lakers usually take better opponents seriously and go for the win, but they did that earlier in the season and have been on cruise control for quite some time. Contrary to what some folks believe a team cannot just "turn it on at will" and suddenly decide to play up to their potential. The Spurs are in no such position themselves and have not been playing like a team content with their playoff position, currently in a 6/7 tie with Oklahoma City and just 1 game up on Portland. The 8 slot is the one noone wants, so it is better to bust your butt now than be the Lakers, with HCA, first round opponent. They have that kind of momentum and can carry the day. Three distinctly different methods make the Spurs 7.28, 8.5, and 11.4 tonight and coupled with the fact I landed on the opening total of 197 as an exact match, I have to like my numbers and lay the wood on this one.

Line confirmed LIVE at 950 AM, PDT.
  • xlcfxlcf Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    I hope the Lakers get their ass kicked tonight. Thanks Key!
    edited March 2010
    If they lose by 3 we still go to the cashiers window, that's all I care about, lol :)
  • xlcfxlcf Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    That will be enough to tell they had their ass kicked :)
    edited March 2010
    The Magic-Hawks total has risen to 198.5. If it hits 199.5 I suggest the UNDER
    199.3 was the highest of the four projections I run.
    198.5 is drawing heavy juice (-25) so it probably ain't gonna get there.
    Just a heads up on this one.
  • ChaseGChaseG Banned
    edited March 2010
    love the spurs and kings tonight
    edited March 2010
    This gets a little weird, but the total in Atlanta has gone all the way to 200 and the under is still drawing the heavy juice. I suggest we be patient and not hit it until it goes up again or the juice comes down. Let's have some fun with this one.
    edited March 2010
    The UNDER money is coming in - hit it at Under 200, -110
    edited March 2010
    Now the juice has popped back to the under - play at your own risk, but under 200 with fair juice is the way to go.
  • ChaseGChaseG Banned
    edited March 2010
    can't see the lakers covering on the road as they are 0-5 as a small dog or the nets winning