Betting Talk

UFC on Versus

tiptontipton Senior Member
edited March 2010 in Sports Betting
here are some small writeups i did, probably my best sport

Vera / Jones – I am laying off of this fight. If Vera goes up to around +250 or so I think he is worth a shot. I think this fight is closer than people think and that Vera is more technical and can win by staying outside. Big step up in competition for Jones and I don’t think we know enough about him to bet either side. He has looked so amazing its hard to predict against this competition what will happen. He is a lot more well rounded than Rumble Johnson (when we played the overhyped angle against Kos) and he may be the real deal, just not sure yet. Great wrestler and great standup. This fight will tell a lot.

Dos Santos – Gonzaka is a grappler and has no chin. He is dumb enough to stand with all these strikers and has had some success, but Dos Santos is way too heavy handed to stand with and Gabriel will get caught most likely.

Kongo / Buentello – Kongo is pretty much completely 1 dimensional but he is favored to win this fight because both fighters like to stand and Kongo is a good kickboxer. HOWEVER, buentello has KO power and Kongo is coming off a devastating KO loss. This line is just too big not to lay a little bit on Buentello at over +300. He can win this by KO or by decision, Kongo is extremely overrated. Buentello to win inside distance is +750 on 5dimes I don’t think its that crazy for it to happen when the guy is coming off a brutal KO and facing someone with KO power that outweights him by 25lbs.

Sakara / Irvin – I would lean Irvin but neither fight is active at all. Irvin hasn’t fought in almost 2 years, sakara twice in 2 years. Gonna be all standup someone will get KOd

Eliot marshall – maybe a small play as a +150 dog. Toss up.

John Howard / Roberts – lay off this one, howard should win but not sure how good Roberts is. He is undefeated but this is big step up in competition.

Comments

• kass101kass101 Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    I posted my plays for this earlier

I think jones dominates vera and wins easily.

I think gonzaga might suprise some people here but didnt play it since you never know if hes going to show up. The hype train for JDS is at an all time high and he still hasnt been tested.

I think buentello can win this if his cardio is good and he can get inside since kongos clinch is overrated IMO.

I like marshall and roberts and played both. played shafer as well but he just loss a decision 29-28 which i guess he gassed in the third. so not a good start.
  • kass101kass101 Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    Doubt this will be shown on the telecast but Duane Ludwig according to reports had his leg snapped in half at the shin during the first round of his fight. nasty stuff.
  • tiptontipton Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    yeah, buentello can win, like i said above just think he is too big of a dog and the line is off. too much value not to play him small.

gonzaga just doesn't have a good chin, but he is much bigger than dos santos....

really looking forward to the jones/vera fight. i don't think vera has ever been stopped if jones stops vera that will be extremely impressive. jones really hasn't faught anyone either so i'm anxious to see how he does.
  • The GoatThe Goat Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    good luck. i threw a parlay on jones and dos santos just for the action. i think gonzaga definately has a shot. he said he wants to stand and bang with him though. hell get knocked out if he does
  • ShacroShacro Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    Vera gets in a cheap kick to Jones' jaw and still can't pull it out.

Damn.
  • challenger1challenger1 Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    That was a pretty painful looking elbow he took. .