Betting Talk

Dallas vs. New Orleans - Vegas Fools Gold

imported_fools_goldimported_fools_gold Senior Member
edited December 2009 in Sports Betting
Alright, I took it in the chin against the Chargers and Drew was superb in that victory.
I did however nail the 49rs +4 along with a huge money line play at +170
so I actually made a profit last week going 1-1 in my "09" BT debut!
Now, with that being said, the Cowboys have their backs to the wall in the Dome tonight.
Drew Breeze, Bush and Sean Payton have it all laid out and the Saints will absolutely
shine tonight right? Wrong!!

With Dallas' poor December record and historic meltdown, why were the Saints only
chalked at -7 on opening day? Quite obvious to take the saints as the play!!

* Saints have looked mediocre against the the Skins and Dirty Birds and have failed to cover
3 of their last 4 games.

* Cowboys will not fail to show up 3 games in a row as Romo has been consistant

*If it looks too good to be true it usually is!!

COWBOYS +8 for 3 gold bars

Good luck whether you follow or fade:laugh:

Comments

• kass101kass101 Senior Member
    edited December 2009
    3 gold bars? so how many troy ounces is that?
  • smartbetssmartbets Member
    edited December 2009
    Ok, so I'm fading you... so GL to me I guess. Saints... 38- Cowboys- 21
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited December 2009
    That line is going at - 7 to - 10 depending on book

One hell of a spread!!!

Good luck

Playing Goats Farm Teaser
  • imported_fools_goldimported_fools_gold Senior Member
    edited December 2009
    I bet locally and have an online acct and a gold bar ((which I coined) is translated to 500 dollars
    Risking 1500/1304

Also, placing the following N.B.A. games tonight:

Charlotte Bobcats -2.5 (bodog 200/181 )** D.Williams is banged up and Utah is 5-5 all-time against the Bobcats, Utah has lost its last three games at Charlotte + Bobcats have covered the last 2 games
    for me!!

S.A. Spurs -12 (bodog 200/181) **
    Pacers 5th game in 7 nights, Spurs perimeter shooting is improved and
    after-all, is'nt this the time of the year where Pop has his squad better ball?

Good luck

NCAA /NBA Hoops are wagered at 1/5 of a gold bar ....* = $100.00
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited December 2009
    my line was 7.5 all day and just jumped to 9...im playing the 1st half for now... saints -5
  • KneeDongKneeDong Member
    edited December 2009
    Don't mean to sound like a dick, but might wanna do a little more homework! Those "mediocre" games were ALL away from the Superdome. The Saints are a completely different team at home, and you can bet your ass that dome will be rocking tonight with the fans pulling for their boys to stay perfect. I wish you luck, but I would reconsider your play. I think the Saints roll comfortably!!
  • Phil147Phil147 Senior Member
    edited December 2009
    KneeDong wrote:
    Don't mean to sound like a dick, but might wanna do a little more homework! Those "mediocre" games were ALL away from the Superdome. The Saints are a completely different team at home, and you can bet your ass that dome will be rocking tonight with the fans pulling for their boys to stay perfect. I wish you luck, but I would reconsider your play. I think the Saints roll comfortably!!
    Saints fans have been tailgating there all day according to twitter updates I have gotten. The Saints fan base has such a rivalry with the Cowboys, expect it to be loud.

Not to mention the Saints getting Tracy Porter and Scott Fujita back tonight. Fujita will be huge for the defense, and their #2 corner will help the defensive backfield depth a lot.
    edited December 2009
    A t N.O. -7........With all of what you said coupled with the fact that the cowboys
    are such losers in the month of December, why -7 and not -10 or more.

This fits right into my fools gold theory and I will stand down on
    my investment + 8 points.

Good luck to all of you N.O. backers as the Boys will dominate the
    ground game and Romo will keep his errors to a minimal.
  • joegeejoegee Senior Member
    edited December 2009
    A few weeks ago teddy bruschi was on tv after the sunday night game between the Saints and Pats. Bruschi said that the year the pats went undefeated they were very tight and feeling the pressure of staying undefeated during the last few weeks of the undefeated season. And that was a team that already won a few super bowl championships. I think the saints are starting to feel the pressure of an undefeated season as evidenced by their close games the last 2 weeks. With Dallas needing a win the game should be close.
  • atreat600atreat600 Senior Member
    edited December 2009
    KneeDong wrote:

Reconsider the play? Cowboys +8 is a sharp play I personally feel. I guess we will see in a couple hours.
    edited December 2009
    Dallas 7-0 to start this off properly........Not a good sign for the Aints
  • kass101kass101 Senior Member
    edited December 2009
    half a gold bar on the under
  • atreat600atreat600 Senior Member
    edited December 2009
    14-0 lets go big D
  • VegasInsiderVegasInsider Senior Member
    edited December 2009
    Well done fools. I look forward to more of your gold bar plays
    edited December 2009
    I have been a big follower of B.T. as there are some very sharp cappers on board.
    Calzone, BIGT,TexasHookem,MILF and others who I have failed to mention due to
    the alcohol in my system!!!:sweatdrop:
    My N.B.A. is not so good as I have started 0-2 but have been on a nice little run over
    the last 3 weeks.....Good night and lets keep breakin these BOOKS!!!!
  • duke12345duke12345 Senior Member
    edited December 2009
    Nice call on the Saints. Don't mind all the hating, they will be even more bitter now that they came into your thread and knocked your pick.
    edited December 2009
    I have not hard feelings to anyone who made the negative comments as I felt very strong about the play and made a nice chunk of change. I feel really good about the remainder of the season and up-coming playoffs and look forward to sniping some more of these fishy games.

Thanks again for the compliment........Good luck:thumbup2: