Betting Talk

AFC Wimbledon...Promoted (?)

DragonswirlDragonswirl Senior Member
edited January 2015 in Sports Betting
For any of you interested in MY English Soccer love, here is an article which does a good job of telling the history.

ONLY mistake in the article, AFC Wimbledon not yet promoted. While leading by 3 points going into the last game of the season Saturday, IF something entirely wierd happened, we could finish 2nd. The tiebreaker is Goal Differential, which we current lead by 13 goals, touch wood it doesn't.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/jim-white/article/7447/

Sorry to bore you folks,

Comments

• hornhorn Super Moderator
    edited April 2009
    hope it pans out dragon
  • DragonswirlDragonswirl Senior Member
    edited April 2009
    Horn,

If we draw or win it's automatic. Only if we lose & Hampton & Richmond win and they make up 13 in the goal difference, OR we lose AND Eastleigh make up 27 in the goal difference we'd have to survive the playoffs.

I'm cautious because I remember 1999 I believe when Bradford City played Liverpool on the final day. We needed Liverpool to win and we'd stay in the premiership. Liverpool sent out their reserve team, you can figure the rest.

Regards,
    edited April 2009
    lol, fingers crossed
  • DragonswirlDragonswirl Senior Member
    edited April 2009
    Done and Dusted!!!

AFC Wimbledon 3 - 0 St Albans City

Here is a link to an appropriate musical rendition.

• TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited May 2011
    AFC Wimbledon takes another huge step today, beating Luton Town to move up to the Football League next season. Getting promoted from the Conference to League Two is now their 5th promotion in the 8 years of existance. Pretty amazing stuff.
  • beefcakebeefcake Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    Nice job dragon!
    edited May 2011
    Awesome news! Was going to post a thread, great bump!
    edited January 2015
    Good FA Cup game on FS1 right now between Wimbledon and Liverpool. Just as I was posting that it's tied 1-1 in the 60th minute, newest MLS acquisition Steven Gerrard scored on a good free kick to give Liverpool the 2-1 lead.
  • StackAttackStackAttack Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    you have a really good memory Tommy
    edited January 2015
    you have a really good memory Tommy

While I am told that often, I do kinda root for Wimbledon due to their whole situation. Not sure if you're familiar with it, but they had a team (a very successful one at that) that decided to move. Here in tne US, you then wait/hope that the NFL/NBA/etc awards your city a new team. Over there, the fans decided to get together and throw in $ and start up a new club to replace them. That new club has been extremely successful moving up the ladder, and it's just kinda a cool story (you won't see enough people in St Louis throwing together a bunch of $ to come up with their own NFL team if the Rams leave). So I was watching and rooting for Wimbledon yesterday, and as I was watching, I remembered that we had talked about them on BT at some point in the past.
  • StackAttackStackAttack Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    I did not know that story. Very cool. Thanks for sharing.