edited March 2009 in Sports Betting
just said on sportscenter

Comments

• coachesplayscoachesplays Senior Member
    edited March 2009
    seriously?
  • hawk17hawk17 Senior Member
    edited March 2009
    ya, even the other guy on sportscenter didn't believe it, but they said a couple sources are reporting it.
  • SanManSanMan Senior Member
    edited March 2009
    If true that is great. There is no place in the NFL for these Prima Donnas who think they are more important then the team.
  • _yAy_yAy Banned
    edited March 2009
    Source: Cowboys cut T.O.

Comment Email Print [URL="javascript:void(0);"]Share[/URL]<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> var stobj = SHARETHIS.addEntry({ title:"Source:%20Cowboys%20cut%20receiver%20Owens", url:"http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3953647", published: "2009-03-04" }); stobj.attachButton(document.getElementById("espnstlink")); </SCRIPT>
    <CITE class=source>ESPN.com news services
    </CITE>
    <!-- end mod-article-title --><!-- begin story body --><!-- template inline --><!-- begin player card -->
    Terrell Owens

1056.jpg Wide Receiver
    Dallas Cowboys

<TABLE cellSpacing=0><CAPTION>2008 Season Stats</CAPTION><TBODY><TR class=io-columnHeaders><TD>Rec</TD><TD>Yds</TD><TD>TD</TD><TD>Avg</TD><TD>Long</TD><TD>YAC</TD></TR><TR><TD>69</TD><TD>1052</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>15.2</TD><TD>75</TD><TD>274</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <!-- end player card -->
    The Dallas Cowboys have released controversial wide receiver Terrell Owens, sources told ESPN's Michael Smith late Wednesday.
    Cowboys owner Jerry Jones did not deny the team is discussing the possible release of Owens in late February.
    "That Stephen and I were debating about Terrell, that's just misinformation," Jones said regarding his son, Cowboys vice president Stephen Jones at the time. "That's just not accurate. I don't know where that comes from. That's just total misinformation."
    The Cowboys paid Owens a $12 million signing bonus just last year, included as part of a new four-year, $34 million deal.
    Owens caught 69 passes for 1,052 yards and 10 touchdowns this season.
    edited March 2009
    michael smith just reported on it for about 5 min, said they just got tired of his shit basically and convinced jerry jones to release him.
  • rakim0821rakim0821 Senior Member
    edited March 2009
    great...now we're going to have to read about it on ESPN's Bottom Line for days!!!
  • jfox1907jfox1907 Senior Member
    edited March 2009
    come on bears dont give me that we cant handle him in the locker room bullshit..u need a WR so make a move...got 25 million to spend this year
  • BettorThenMeBettorThenMe Senior Member
    edited March 2009
    i am a die hard cowboys fan, and i am pissed. this makes dallas a better team? no way. jerry did this so everyone will think this is romo's team. bullshit. did aikman not win with irvin and emmitt. this has and will divide cowboy fans. all i have to say is romo better win the superbowl next year. i like romo and hope he succeeds, but the piss poor play at the end of last year and the year before and the year before were not terrel owens's fault.
  • calzonesayscalzonesays Senior Member
    edited March 2009
    hawk17

are you grabbing ur moms boob in that avatar pic?
  • MrESPN007MrESPN007 Senior Member
    edited March 2009
    Great Job Cowboys you just released one of the most dominate offensive possession receivers, T.O. is a game changers and has the passion for the game. He loves to win and it's the sorry Cowboys that make his behavior magnified. Do you honestly think Jerry Jones would have cut him if they would have won the Superbowl this year. Jones stop looking for excuses why your Cowboys are garbage and cut Romo, and let him star in Jessica Simpsons Dukes of Hazard II.

The Sleeper
  • msmith2179msmith2179 Senior Member
    edited March 2009
    rakim0821 wrote:
    great...now we're going to have to read about it on ESPN's Bottom Line for days!!!

I hate that more than anything.
  • bradPbradP Senior Member
    edited March 2009
    WE WILL TAKE HIM IN CAROLINA.

I can see him going to the colts
  • oduxodux Senior Member
    edited March 2009
    For the egomaniac Jerry Jones to eat a $9 million salary cap hit in order to cut T.O., things had to be worse than what was being reported over the last 3 years !!
  • SunBelterSunBelter Senior Member
    edited March 2009
    oducks wrote:
    For the egomaniac Jerry Jones to eat a $9 million salary cap hit in order to cut T.O., things had to be worse than what was being reported over the last 3 years !!

Actually the cap hit was only $600,000+. And it saves him over 5 million in cash. As a Cowboys fab, I dont agree with it either, but I'm not in the locker room everyday.
  • briansbrians Banned
    edited March 2009
    You guys just dont know what TO has done in the background

The guy is a VIRUS he is a great athlete but he thinks his shit is above the the rest.

I will be surprised if any good calibur team takes this guy on.

I have read many things about this PUNK when he was in philly. He simply is a conceited piece of crap

The one thing that sits in my mind that i read yrs ago was he parked his car right on a exit ramp in the stadium, late for almost every meeting with excuses out the ass

SCREW TO read up on this jerk and think about it for 1 minute Most any team would love to have him but the baggage is to much
    edited March 2009
    hawk17

are you grabbing ur moms boob in that avatar pic?

That's Erin Andrews and I don't know who the kid is.
  • buck4493buck4493 Senior Member
    edited March 2009
    bradP wrote:
    WE WILL TAKE HIM IN CAROLINA.

I can see him going to the colts

You can see him going to the Colts?? thats hilarious. Bill Polia would never sign a loser like TO
    edited March 2009
    SunBelter wrote:
    Actually the cap hit was only $600,000+. And it saves him over 5 million in cash. As a Cowboys fab, I dont agree with it either, but I'm not in the locker room everyday.

the cap hit is 9 million
    edited March 2009
    hate to say it but wiht this move the Cowboys are now a very dangerous team in the NFC.

With Owens that team would implode again. Guy is one of the biggest losers in sports history
  • _yAy_yAy Banned
    edited March 2009
    yeah buck is right - it is 9 million , they keep talking about it on espn and how a-fraud will undergo surgery and wont be back until may. T.O. is a raider through and through.....2010 season...... vick to owens TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!!

owens = virus/team seperator.....
  • jesfla72jesfla72 Senior Member
    edited March 2009
    I'm a Cowboy fan. Releasing him will no doubt hurt the offense, but the giants won without Tiki. Do you think Dallas waited until the Giants and Redskins signed players so there would be less of a chance of him staying in the NFC east? I don't know if they thought about that but thats what i was thinking when i heard the news. I think the cowboys might try to get Chad Johnson now from Cincy
  • hornhorn Super Moderator
    edited March 2009
    Trade a guy with 38 TD's over the last 3 seasons and pick up Keith Brooking so he can make tackles 15 yards down the field from his LB spot...

There was an easy answer to this and it was trade Tony Romo, the guy is not a good football player and this team is going to be exposed next season.. The Cowboys are as public a betted team asany and they will make for a nice fade I have a feeling. Not a wise move to deal the players they are and hold onto Romo who has proven he can't win big football games.. I know it's still "early" in his career but you heard it here first
  • hornhorn Super Moderator
    edited March 2009
    I don't but "cancer" in the locker room type thing.. These are all grown men getting paid millions of dollars to do their jobs.. I'm sure there are people in everyone's office who they may not like as a person but they do their job and do it well.. Get over it, man up and don't trade one of the best WR's in the history of the game..