Betting Talk

Fantasy help

BradyBrady Banned
edited December 2008 in Sports Betting
would you accept this trade;
i trade gates and get dallas clark and derrick ward.
i already have jacobs.

Comments

• Flaggy03Flaggy03 Senior Member
    edited November 2008
    Brady wrote:
    would you accept this trade;
    i trade gates and get dallas clark and derrick ward.
    i already have jacobs.

I wouldn't accept this deal as Gates is now healthy and should have a huge second half of the season. Dallas is a go-to guy, but with Gonzalez getting a lot of throws, Clark wont be a big point scorer. Also, if you have Jacobs, I wouldnt worry about having 2/3 of the GMen running attack. When the Giants have to throw the ball (they have to trail eventually), Jabobs will get the bulk of the carries, if not all.
  • BradyBrady Banned
    edited November 2008
    thanks, that did it for me and thats the way i was leaning anyways.
  • HowardBealHowardBeal Senior Member
    edited November 2008
    i would have taken that trade in a heartbeat

gates is not fully healthy, he is going to be nagged all season, dallas clark is only a very small downgrade at tight end anyway......and derrick ward is a must have for a jacobs owner considering his running style, and the potential ward would have if jacobs went down
    edited November 2008
    Seriously? You c'annot dump Gates on the notion that "maybe Jacobs will go down and I'll have his backup." That's just foolish. As far as Gates, there is no question he's more healthy now then he has been all season. You can see this on every play as his first move is much better, allowing him to get more separation on routes. Gates will have at least 5 TD's in the second half of the season...
    edited November 2008
    there is not that much seperation between gates and dallas clark even if gates were 100 %, which he isnt........and ward is putting up flex type numbers with jacobs playing.....depending on the size of you rleague, ward is a spot starter without jacobs getting hurt and a top 8 back if he does go down, or if the giants rest him in those last weeks before the playoffs
    edited November 2008
    Ward is not a Top 8 RB in any league (pending Jabobs gets hurt).

Here are 8 better backs...

Portis
    S. Jackson
    Forte
    Tomlinson
    Willie Parker (when healthy)
    Barber
    Westbrook
    Peterson

And that's not even counting Larry Johnson who is having some off the field problems right now.
    edited November 2008
    but it all depends on what you think gates is going to be for the rest of the season.....if you think he returns to dominence like flaggy does, then by all means do not make the trade.....but if he is going to only slightly improve, then I don't know if Dallas Clark isnt an upgrade, especially with Vincent Jackson and Malcolm Floyd and a healthy Chambers all working into the offense now
    edited November 2008
    you would not rather have ward as the sole back in a giants offense that has run wild all season over matt forte?????
    edited November 2008
    which is really beside the point of the deal, the point is you are not giving up that much with gates.....you really arent
    edited November 2008
    The giants have run for almost 1300 yards and 9 touchdowns this season........forte 641 and 4
  • bradPbradP Senior Member
    edited November 2008
    Bush
    Lynch
    addai
  • BookiefitsBookiefits Senior Member
    edited November 2008
    Brady

I would try to get

Brady
    Maroney
    Pats D
    edited November 2008
    show me anyone of those guys with 1300 yards and 9 tds, because that is what ward's potential becomes if jacobs goes down

and reggie is hurt, lynch is splitting carries with freddie jax, addai is awful, lj isnt going to play again, and lt is struggling.....michael turner should have been on the list, but you guys need to stop placing value on these players becuase of where they were ranked and drafted and start looking at their production
    edited November 2008
    Production? If you look at upcoming weeks and the injury to Orton, what do you think the Bears will be doing? I'll tell you it's not throwing 50 times a game with Rexy. It's giving Forte 25-30 carries a game and letting him produce like hes capable of doing.

As far as LT, his production is down, but so isnt it for most running backs this year. Besides Portis, LenDale and Jacobs....the RB numbers arent that great. It's been a high scoring and QB/WR league through 8 weeks.

Dallas Clark, although a good TE, isnt going to be getting as many throws with Reggie Wayne, Marvin Harrison, and an emerging Anthony Gonzalez. Combine that with a RB combo of Addai/Rhodes...there just isnt a lot of room for Dallas besides 3rd down options. Granted, he'll get his 4-5 catches a game...but not many TDs.

All in all....there is no question that Gates is healthier and a step quicker than he was 4 weeks ago. And to trade away Gates at this time, I feel would be a mistake. Your whole argument is based on IFFFFFFF Jacobs gets injured....which I dont forsee.
    edited November 2008
    my final point.......unless Gates blows up and plays like he did TWO years ago, you are not losing all that much with dallas clark as you tight end......and you have the potenital to gain so much more at running back

now, if you are in an eight team league and your third back is michael turner, than by all means, dont take the trade....but if you are in a 12 team or greater league, where if jacobs were to go down (which isnt that big of an if) and then you would be stuck going to a darren sproles, or cedric benson, or fred taylor, or julius jones.....then you absolutely MUST make the trade

if you fall somewhere in the middle, then it is a tough call.....but I always go towards a POTENTIAL stud, then hoping someone who is underperforming will turn it around
  • BradyBrady Banned
    edited November 2008
    Bookiefits wrote:
    Brady

I would try to get

Brady
    Maroney
    Pats D

its still good to have a team thayactually competes
    funny how every "sharp" sports fan hands the division to Buffalo after week 2.
    edited December 2008
    i was curious as to if you listened to me about this trade brady? I think you would be in better shape if you had, especially with the playoff matchups dallas clark has