Betting Talk

STL cardinals line movement--funny

imported_fools_goldimported_fools_gold Senior Member
edited July 2008 in Sports Betting
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 summary="" border=0><TBODY><TR class=game_time><TD class="first left">3:55 PM EDT</TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD><TD class=notescol> </TD></TR><TR class=game_team><TD class="first nowrap">951 san diego padres </TD><TD>(l) wolf, r </TD><TD>9u20 </TD><TD>9u20 / 9u15 </TD><TD>9 </TD><TD><NOBR>+1.5(-170) </NOBR> </TD><TD class="left last "> </TD><TD class=notescol> </TD></TR><TR class=game_team><TD class="first nowrap">952 st. louis cardinals </TD><TD>(r) wellemeyer, t </TD><TD>-155 </TD><TD>-146 / -142 / -140 </TD><TD>-138 </TD><TD><NOBR>-1.5(+150) </NOBR> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Line has shifted kind of funny and everyone on the cards??
thinkin about play on padres.
Am I the only one thinkink crazy?

Comments

• KeyElementKeyElement Banned
    edited July 2008
    I've been giving this some thought and study recently and have come to the following conclusion. Betting with or against public line moves has <b>no value</b> in baseball. The thinking comes from foots and buckets where public opinion <b>moves points</b> and can have a serious effect on which side wins the bet or clears a total. Not so in baseball, where (and some guys will hate this) <b>the VALUE always lies with the winner. Period, no exceptions.</b> In odds betting like baseball whether the winner is -110 or -150 when you play, <b>the winner is still the winner, <b>and THAT is where the VALUE stood in that game.</b> We often hear guys call a +200 dog a "great value", but it just ain't so if that puppy don't win. All the value was in the -240 favorite that beat them. Remember, value is not the price you paid, IT'S WHAT YOU <b>GOT</b> FOR WHAT YOU PAID.
  • imported_fools_goldimported_fools_gold Senior Member
    edited July 2008
    Very well put,

Thank you, it makes alot of sense.
    I am new to mlb and have been following
    alot of the bt senior plays. Thanks again.

1 UNIT on ST. LOUIS ML
  • imported_fools_goldimported_fools_gold Senior Member
    edited July 2008
    wow, did not get to place bet
    bodog closed
  • KeyElementKeyElement Banned
    edited July 2008
    you ARE a winner, since the game started before my post went up! NO BET! Padres are off to a great start and can probably hold on, so your initial reaction may have paid off. That does nothing to effect my post, though. The principal remains the same.
  • drnoxdrnox Senior Member
    edited July 2008
    The value is on the move!!
  • BookiefitsBookiefits Senior Member
    edited July 2008
    I think the books move some of the lines against the fave just to give less VALUE to betting the fave.

Doesnt follow the flow of money but It seems there are enough folks betting agaisnt the big public bets that it makes no difference...
  • GooseSTLGooseSTL Senior Member
    edited July 2008
    No doubt, no questions, no arguments. Hands down the best there is.