Betting Talk

Mayweather-McGregor

TortugaTortuga Moderator
edited June 2017 in Sports Betting
So this fight is actually happening now. Anyone actually looking forward to it? Any reason to think it won't end up being less exciting than Mayweather-Pacquiao?

Comments

• bumpobumpo Senior Member
    edited June 2017
    I'm surprised the Mcgregor is taking the money. Perhaps Mayweather backers don't want to tie up a big chunk of cash for 10 weeks and will come in late, all else being equal.
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited June 2017
    For the older guys here, i doubt the younger ones even knew ali did this...Ali vs sumo wrestler ,ended in draw....I was a ali fan growing up and went to shea stadium to watch on closed circuit , I still cant believe i even went but i was going into the navy soon and my friends thought it was cool.

For this fight , i can see Mcgregor with the longer reach jabbing the whole fight , mayweather couldnt knock a fly out right now...its all about the money ..i personally dont care and won't watch, i was fooled once at a very young age , won't happen again.
  • bumpobumpo Senior Member
    edited June 2017
    LOL. I remember the sumo guy just laying on his back like a turtle with claws out. Ali couldn't do anything to him.
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited June 2017
    exactly ...that fight was all set up but ali didnt want to agree to it
  • buckeyesbuckeyes Senior Member
    edited June 2017
    Mcgregor will not land more than 10 punches total. The line is like -900, +600 but should be closer to -9000,+6000.
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited June 2017
    #ChaChingInTheRing
  • MikeRASMikeRAS Senior Handicapper
    edited June 2017
    I am clueless on this but if Mayweather trains hard I cant imagine this doesn't close much higher.
  • 2sportguy2sportguy Senior Member
    edited June 2017
    buckeyes wrote: »
    Mcgregor will not land more than 10 punches total. The line is like -900, +600 but should be closer to -9000,+6000.

I am totally confused buy this line, the GOAT vs a guy who has never fought a boxing match only - 800 ?

Was thinking - 10,000 would be more appropriate, what am I missing here ? Is there a chance Mcgregor losses his cool and Floyd get's DQ'd or something ?
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited June 2017
    South Pt. had -700 yesterday. IMO, the only shot mcGregor has is to slip in a few illegal UFC moves and counter the counter puncher. Also, hope he doesn't get DQ'ed. Pay-per-view? I wouldn't pay. Heard 79 to 99bucks. :thumbdown2:
  • chuckhchuckh Senior Member
    edited June 2017
    Heard if Mcgregor uses any UFC moves he is automatically DQ
  • Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited June 2017
    Saw Canelo Alvarez, one of the best boxers currently, try his might on Mayweather, and he still couldn't beat him. I simply cannot imagine McGregor doing ANYthing in this match. Media will hype it, suckers will pay for it. That's what this is basically, a match for suckers.
  • Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited June 2017
    Is the line still at -800???

Watch him vs a pro boxer here.........
    http://www.ballerstatus.com/2017/06/16/conor-mcgregor-sparring-partner-says-mayweather-will-win-easily/
  • wborder900wborder900 Senior Member
    edited June 2017
    First off... anyone considering buying this fight should save their money. Its gonna be complete dog$hit.

Second. I will take the bet that old man Mayweather will not be able to knock out McGregor. The odds are good, $1 pays you $2. He might get DQ'd or something else crazy but I just don't think Floyd has much power anymore. Looking for 12-0 shutout going to the cards for Mayweather unam decision.

Obi One wrote: »
  • buckeyesbuckeyes Senior Member
    edited June 2017
    wborder900 wrote: »
    First off... anyone considering buying this fight should save their money. Its gonna be complete dog$hit.

Second. I will take the bet that old man Mayweather will not be able to knock out McGregor. The odds are good, $1 pays you $2. He might get DQ'd or something else crazy but I just don't think Floyd has much power anymore. Looking for 12-0 shutout going to the cards for Mayweather unam decision.

He may not have KO power but vs a amateur like Conor he will stop him sooner than later. Conor just will not be able to keep up or see the punches Floyd throws at him.