Betting Talk

Best non mainstream DFS sites?

Walt's WharfWalt's Wharf Member
edited April 2015 in Sports Betting
It seems like FanDuel and DraftKings have dominated market share in the DFS space, and then of course there are a few other big players such as Draft Day, etc.

I'm beginning to see parallels to the offshore industry in the early 2000s. Everyone knew of the biggest books (Greek, BM, etc) and grabbed their bonuses, but then other little known sites would appear -- offering bonuses and guarantees to new members. In many cases, these sites evolved into bigger, more established sites, and became a good option.

Anyway, two things:

1) Which of the obscure sites are offering good bonuses?

2 ) What obscure/new sites seem like they have the most potential (avoiding pros and feasting on fish).

FYI, I've already seen the books at Bigger Bonus. I'm looking for others.

Comments

• ParkerMParkerM Moderator
    edited April 2015
    There's a site called pokerscout which tracks online traffic for poker sites. I haven't seen anything like that for DFS but it would no doubt be very interesting to track how all these new sites are growing month-to-month.

To partly answer your questions - I don't think you're likely to find any new sites that the pros aren't already aware of, however, there probably isn't a huge number of pros populating the sites who only offer smaller buy-ins right now, with no huge GPPs. If interested in grinding out small stakes, probably a good way to go.

I was really impressed with Ballr when I went over their site and think they could turn into a much larger player in the game, but right now they only have small buy-ins and a limited # of contests. Once they get the right investor though I can see them exploding, so it's great to get used to them right now so you'll have an advantage. They already told me they will definitely offer NHL and NCAA sports this Fall, and working on adding PGA this Summer, and they already have one of the best deposit bonuses at 200% (up to $500) so that was a big plus to me.

Anyways, welcome to the forum Walt! Glad to have you here and hope to see you in more discussions. Cheers
  • drewbydrewby Fantasy Expert
    edited April 2015
    I play primarily on DK now and found that I play better when focused on one site and more aware of game and pricing nuances. I also found my ROI to be much higher in GPPs which gears to FD or DK. Whether it is pricing, scoring or just running good, DK is my home for now though I have some money scattered. A couple NHL guys I talk to like both FantasyUp and Victiv. FantasyUp was offering rakefree through 4/1 which is obviously huge and Victiv has a large deposit match and solid loyalty program. Their opinion was FantasyUp was softer from a cash game perspective but also hard to get a decent volume of play in depending on stakes.