Betting Talk

Andy Dalton

kanekane Senior Member
edited January 2015 in Sports Betting
The Bengals just gave him a 6 year contract worth $115M, and no I'm not joking. I don't know how much is guaranteed, but I'm speechless at the moment.

Comments

• white broncowhite bronco Member
    edited August 2014
    i'd recommend keeping your speech until you find out what the guarantees are.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    The team loves this guy. The talk media, needing something to bash, stress his 0 for 3 in playoff games. Give the kid a fckn chance.

"As for the structure of Dalton's new contract, La Canfora says it will include limited fully guaranteed figures, and it will allow the Bengals to pay as they go more or less on a yearly basis. Owner Mike Brown was a big proponent of that structure from the deal the 49ers struck with their young quarterback, Colin Kaepernick.

The details of the deal will be critical, but on paper, Dalton's contract is similar to the seven-year, $126.7 million deal the Bears gave Jay Cutler in January. Is Dalton worth that much? He's 30-18 as a starter (and 0-3 in the postseason) while Cutler, by comparison, is 56-48 during his career (and 1-1 in the playoffs)."
    ........cbs sports
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    The Bengals have a very good roster. The main reason why they will never live up to their potential is the QB position. If they think Dalton can help lead them to a SB, they're kidding themselves, he's a mediocre QB and always will be, I've seen enough of him to make that statement.
    edited August 2014
    Kane, I don't think it's the QB that's holding them back. You might look at the HC in Marvin Lewis. He might have something on the organization to maintain his dubious tenure. Besides heavy work load, he also doubles as a probation monitor.
  • TurnstoneTurnstone Member
    edited August 2014
    i'd recommend keeping your speech until you find out what the guarantees are.

Like most contracts.

Essentially it is a 2 year/24 million dollar deal. The rest is year to year so in reality, it's not too bad.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    kane wrote: »
    The Bengals have a very good roster. The main reason why they will never live up to their potential is the QB position. If they think Dalton can help lead them to a SB, they're kidding themselves, he's a mediocre QB and always will be, I've seen enough of him to make that statement.

Dalton looked good last night, the bengals should have given him a bigger contract
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    they must own a printing press..LOL
    edited November 2014
    Yikes, the lowest QB rating since Scott Bruner. I think some major house cleaning is imminent. Let's start with the GM......oh wait, you can't fire the owner MBrown. Well that leaves Warden Lewis and staff that has to go.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    The Bengals just gave him a 6 year contract worth $115M, and no I'm not joking. I don't know how much is guaranteed, but I'm speechless at the moment.

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    edited January 2015
    It took u long enough to exhume this:shrr:
  • ebemissebemiss Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    Ronbets wrote: »
    It took u long enough to exhume this:shrr:

Yet..he still bet Andy Dalton today..
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    ebemiss wrote: »
    Yet..he still bet Andy Dalton today..

No, I bet the Bengals today. I think they have a better overall roster than the Colts, I was hoping that Dalton could make just a couple of plays during the game to at least get the cover, but alas, he could only muster a whopping ten points against a mediocre defense. If Andrew Luck played for the Bengals, they would be serious contenders for the SB every year, if Dalton played for the Colts they would be a perennial five win team every year
    edited January 2015
    Andy Dalton still plays for the Bengals correct? At least today he did. You post how bad the contract was then immediately after the game you post how bad he was..Yet you still bet the Bengals.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    Andy Dalton still plays for the Bengals correct? At least today he did. You post how bad the contract was then immediately after the game you post how bad he was..Yet you still bet the Bengals.

Ebe, I'm strictly a dog player, I routinely take the shit teams no one else wants to take. Every week I'm on some combination of the Jets, Raiders, Jaguars, etc. I think Geno Smith sucks, but If I like the Jets that week, I take them. I think Andy Dalton is a below average QB, and when it comes to the playoffs, he's a joke. Like I said, I thought the Bengals were the right side today, I was wrong
    edited January 2015
    Ebe, I'm strictly a dog player, I routinely take the shit teams no one else wants to take. Every week I'm on some combination of the Jets, Raiders, Jaguars, etc. I think Geno Smith sucks, but If I like the Jets that week, I take them. I think Andy Dalton is a below average QB, and when it comes to the playoffs, he's a joke. Like I said, I thought the Bengals were the right side today, I was wrong

I get it. I bet a ton of dogs. Shit dogs too. Just notice a couple of "golfer" threads lately after a loss. I know you like to read his threads I just thought you were above venting like he always does/did. Don't mean any harm. Think you are better than the bitch after the fact stuff.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    I get it. I bet a ton of dogs. Shit dogs too. Just notice a couple of "golfer" threads lately after a loss. I know you like to read his threads I just thought you were above venting like he always does/did. Don't mean any harm. Think you are better than the bitch after the fact stuff.

To be honest, when I posted my Dalton thread today, I did so more to strike up a discussion, than to shit on Dalton. If you notice after my initial post didn't draw a reply, I made a second post, just trying to liven things up here. I was hoping someone would defend Dalton so we could have a back and forth, there just aren't enough discussions around here anymore. Believe me, I've been around long enough to know how to handle a loss (well except for that WKU - C Mich game, which was worthy of some venting), it wasn't like the Bengals was even a bad beat, I couldn't care less about losing an obvious wrong side like that, I'm just trying to have some fun and do my best to keep this place lively, that's all
    edited January 2015
    That's funny because after this loss you posted this thread

http://www.bettingtalk.com/forum/showthread.php/178098-Andy-Dalton

Then after the ECU loss you posted this thread

http://www.bettingtalk.com/forum/showthread.php/178092-The-Gators

Then after the Detroit Lions loss vs GB you posted this thread

http://www.bettingtalk.com/forum/showthread.php/178062-2-point-conversion

Unlike what others think I believe this place is fine without bitch threads or other nonsense. FWIW
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    Okay, first of all I had every right to post about that two point conversion overturn, as I thought I got screwed, and it determined who covered. As for the others, I don't post them to bitch, I post them because I'm looking for some responses, like I said, I'm just trying to keep this place lively, it's gotten too boring around here, so I make a post in the hopes others will respond, or at least find it entertaining. Every other forum I belong to has an in game thread for big games, it's a way to keep things lively and draw some responses, not here. You think this place is fine without bitch threads or "nonsense" as you put it, I disagree, I think this place has gotten boring lately. I liked Golfer's bitch thread, to me it was entertaining. You don't want me posting "nonsense", fine, I'll no longer post anything that might strike up a discussion and watch how this place gets even more stale
    edited January 2015
    You think this place is so boring that you are posting plays on another forum and coming here to complain about your losses. I can read.

Sunday’s loss (Bengals Dalton).. You post plays on another forum and come and bitch here:

http://www.peepsplace.com/showthread.php?t=470881

Saturday’s loss (ECU..Gators thread) You post plays on another forum and suggest the Gators were "lucky" here.

http://www.peepsplace.com/showthread.php?t=470802

Lions loss 12/28... You post plays somewhere else and then bitch about a 2pt conversion

http://www.peepsplace.com/showthread.php?t=470428

3-8 on those days and then bitch here instead of where you posted the plays.

I don't see any bitch threads at the forum you posted the plays.

You come here to bitch. Come on man...
  • DubbsDubbs Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    Whoa! Stalker much?
    edited January 2015
    Dubbs wrote: »
    Whoa! Stalker much?

Reading information on the internet has helped me become a better handicapper. If along the way I recognize nonsense so be it.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    You think this place is so boring that you are posting plays on another forum and coming here to complain about your losses. I can read.

Sunday’s loss (Bengals Dalton).. You post plays on another forum and come and bitch here:

http://www.peepsplace.com/showthread.php?t=470881

Saturday’s loss (ECU..Gators thread) You post plays on another forum and suggest the Gators were "lucky" here.

http://www.peepsplace.com/showthread.php?t=470802

Lions loss 12/28... You post plays somewhere else and then bitch about a 2pt conversion

http://www.peepsplace.com/showthread.php?t=470428

3-8 on those days and then bitch here instead of where you posted the plays.

I don't see any bitch threads at the forum you posted the plays.

You come here to bitch. Come on man...

This is my last response, first of all Peep's is the only place where I post plays because someone always starts a thread where everyone can post their plays in one thread, without have a dozen different pick threads, if that wasn't the case I can assure you I would never start my own picks thread. The reason I post differently there is because I haven't been a member there long enough to feel comfortable posting some of the things that I post here. I'm not familiar with enough of the posters there, they all seem to know each other very well, and I kinda feel like the new kid, so my posting style over there is different than it is here. I've been a member here long enough that I feel very comfortable posting things here that I wouldn't post there. I belong to several forums and my posting style is a little different at each place, I'm very familiar with almost all the guys who post here on a regular basis, so I feel like there are certain things I can post here that I wouldn't feel comfortable posting at other forums. Don't worry, like I said before, I'm done trying to give this place a spark. Let every thread here be about CLV, variance, breaking down scoring in different halves, total projections, and stats. Obviously we belong here for different reasons, sorry you don't like mine, but like I said, that won't be an issue for you anymore going forward.
    edited January 2015
    You feel comfortable enough here, that you won't post plays, and you are posting your plays there???? Then bitch about those plays here. I don't understand. Good luck.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    You feel comfortable enough here, that you won't post plays, and you are posting your plays there???? Then bitch about those plays here. I don't understand. Good luck.

Check the NBA One A Day
    edited January 2015
    Check the NBA One A Day

I do every day. Has nothing to do with what I mentioned above. Again. Good luck.