Betting Talk

How bad is Ponder ?

2sportguy2sportguy Senior Member
edited October 2013 in Sports Betting
This guy should never start for an nfl team , ever.

Vikings run by a bunch of idiots..............thought the Freeman thing was a joke, but having Ponder ahead of
Cassel on the depth chart is even a bigger joke.

Comments

• golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    When you combine Ponder with their horrific defense it makes for one really really fucking bad team. I feel bad for AP. Agree Cassel should get the nod
  • DubbsDubbs Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    When did a good percentage of NFL teams and Quarterbacks get so bad? They just don't belong on the same field.
  • golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    Dubbs wrote: »
    When did a good percentage of NFL teams and Quarterbacks get so bad? They just don't belong on the same field.

Scary honestly, and even more so for the oddsmakers. All three double digit favs covered today.
  • 2sportguy2sportguy Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    I mean serioulsy , it doesnt take a rocket scientist to see how bad this guy is.

Was he honestly in shock and disbelief when they traded for Freeman ? Dude, look in a mirror.
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    Minny + 10.5 next week vs Dallas. I'm hitting it now and if it climbs higher I'll keep hitting it like a fool :laugh:
  • helmuthelmut Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    Not many QB's will win when the defense continues to give up 30+ per game. Everybody wants to blame the QB when the defense is equally shitty.
  • 60feetheat60feetheat Member
    edited October 2013
    Agree take Ponder,Freeman, RG3 all 3 QBs not very good as for RG3 he keeps his job only because the D is so bad he is able to put up numbers.
    I look at this like a relief pitcher who comes in with baseloaded gives up a grandslam and then strikesout the sides. If and when Freeman takes over the team will be know better and same results.
    The thing I just cant believe is how bad the NFL brass must think of Vince Young,Tebow, or Matt Flynn not to even consider these guys .
  • BigKahunaBigKahuna Banned
    edited October 2013
    You would put Ponder and Freeman on the same list as RG3 ? Really ?
    Freeman can't complete above 45%
    And Ponder can't throw it down the field.
    Neither run like RG3.
    Did you see how many drop passes the Skins had yesterday, or receivers that cut their routes short.

The one QB I can't believe does not get another chance is Dixon ex Duck QB played in Pittsburgh for a while and has never been given a chance, even Chip Kelly cut him earlier in the year.
  • cabster13cabster13 Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    I was probably the biggest poster last week after the horrible performance by Freeman. Granted this was a home game that might have played in the Vikes favor but at least Minny was in the game at half time. Ponder I agree looked very poor as well but to even consider Freeman to have started over Ponder or Castle would have been crazy. So sad as they have the best running back in the NFL and will be lucky to win 4 games at this rate. Terrible front office and coaching staff. I am amazed that Leslie Frasier is not being mentioned more for the next coach to have his head on the caoching block. Maybe it is just his style but ever time they show his on the sidelines he seems so UN-engaged!
    edited October 2013
    yes I will RG3 I don't care what anyone says but my football knowledge doesn't lean towards a QB
    edited October 2013
    Sorry but didn't finish my QB explanation but regarding RG3 and the Redskin drops you will laugh but RG3 ball is very hard to catch he throws similar to a baseball pitcher throwing a slider his style is very difficult to handle so yes I do put him in the Freeman, Ponder list because I don't care how great he runs he will be broken in two if that continues.My research can be traced back to Mike Vick when he came into the league and there were many saying then about Vick that I still say today about RG3 and also many today say about Tebow they throw in a very unfamiliar way.
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    pls don't' now compare tebow to vick and RGIII. you've lost focus brother... these are professional WRs so they can certainly catch any type of throw if it hits their hands or near the target. is Kaep then in this argument too or does he throw a perfect ball?
    edited October 2013
    All QBs have different ball action and ask any WR and they will often say things like I can catch him he throws a soft ball or he pumps the ball into my gut and its easier to catch, many different touches.I am talking about throwing motions and the arm of a QB I have not loss focus Also many WRs are not great professionals but great runners there are many WRs from the current crop- running back to the 1960s- that cant catch a cold unless thrown in their lap this can be seen by me when trying to run under a ball they just cant catch and the QBs don't know how to put the ball out there for their speed. I will say this and many will say I am nuts but you take Vick,RG3,Vincent Young, Tim Tebow,Kirk Cousins,Freeman given any team with the exact personnel and the teams won and loss record would not vary more than 2 games 8-8 or 6-10 or 9-7 at the best with all these guys going forward. I will remember hope all hear remember so we can visit this discussion at later dates.