Betting Talk

The Stoffo System

Comments

• munson15munson15 Senior Member
    edited April 2018
    bumpo wrote: »
    not sure if it's a stoffo rule, but i've never done well with inter-league stoffos.

thanks, there's so much interleague now I forgot to distinguish between the 2, but I put it in my thread and will see what happens...
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited April 2018
    munson15 wrote: »
    first stoffo play should be PHI today...

Arrieta only has one start. Do both pitchers need to have three starts?
  • bumpobumpo Senior Member
    edited April 2018
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    Arrieta only has one start. Do both pitchers need to have three starts?

Yes and not coming back off a layoff I believe.
    edited April 2018
    I was figuring that the opposing pitcher needed 3 starts, so I played Philadelphia.
    edited April 2018
    FWIW

First off I haven't tracked it in about 3 years but tomorrow we have one side two total's If I'm not mistaken.

#954 Miami +130

If Bucky or dog is reading this and you've been tracking this this how's the HD's been? Also The Total's should be right but please check them. Tks

Also two Unders
    #952 Under 9 -115 Martinez/Bailey
    #966 Under 7 -115 Sale/Bundy
  • BuckyBadgerBuckyBadger Senior Member
    edited April 2018
    FWIW

First off I haven't tracked it in about 3 years but tomorrow we have one side two total's If I'm not mistaken.

#954 Miami +130

If Bucky or dog is reading this and you've been tracking this this how's the HD's been? Also The Total's should be right but please check them. Tks

Also two Unders

OT---correct on all 3 Stoffo System plays for Sunday. The last 3 years I have the Stoffo home dogs as: 2015 58-53 +10.3, 2016 51-50 +10.8, and 2017 52-35 +27.6. As previously noted, these results are based on the best lines I had available for the plays, not the WA lines or actual closing lines. Betting these plays for the last 3 years would still have been profitable, but not as profitable as the records I have listed above
    edited April 2018
    Sorry wrong info.
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited April 2018
    nova and or urena in top 20 ?
    edited April 2018
    jets96 wrote: »
    nova and or urena in top 20 ?

Top 20 is only for totals plays.
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited April 2018
    oh nevermind if NOT facing a pitcher in top 20 got it.
    edited April 2018
    FWIW

#954 Miami +130

Also two Unders

Thanks, OT...naturally after you handed me a 2-1 on a platter I played the sides and ignored the totals...I'll try to do better next time!
    edited April 2018
    #901 Colorado +131
    #922 Seattle +114 (Home Dog Stoffo)

If I was to play these I would play them now. IMO these lines will go against you. Also just an FYI Home Divisional Dogs haven't done well there 17-31 <10.5> Units with an average line of +127 (Seattle)
    Away non Divisional Dogs are 18-23 +almost 2 Units with an avg +147 (Colorado)

Your doing fine this year. Personally I'm going to watch and probably play the Stoffo Total until they catch up to it. Possibly will play them the first 5 this early in the year. Who knows it's still early and things have yet to shake out.

Playing the Overs in Hockey until they catch up probably after the first round or sooner. You'll lose some but teams are pulling goalies at the 4 minute mark and lots of penalties. It's tough out there and if you can believe it they're calling it tight.

One Caveat just stay away from the Kings and Ducks they just can't score.
    edited April 2018
    #901 Colorado +131
    #922 Seattle +114 (Home Dog Stoffo)

If I was to play these I would play them now. IMO these lines will go against you. Also just an FYI Home Divisional Dogs haven't done well there 17-31 <10.5> Units with an average line of +127 (Seattle)
    Away non Divisional Dogs are 18-23 +almost 2 Units with an avg +147 (Colorado)

Your doing fine this year. Personally I'm going to watch and probably play the Stoffo Total until they catch up to it. Possibly will play them the first 5 this early in the year. Who knows it's still early and things have yet to shake out.

Playing the Overs in Hockey until they catch up probably after the first round or sooner. You'll lose some but teams are pulling goalies at the 4 minute mark and lots of penalties. It's tough out there and if you can believe it they're calling it tight.

While this is Brault's 3rd appearance it's only his 2nd start therefore Col not a play.
    edited April 2018
    While this is Brault's 3rd appearance it's only his 2nd start therefore Col not a play.

Missed that. Thank You
    edited April 2018

Brault's 3rd start, I believe, but regardless, it still wouldn't qualify as a Stoffo play
    edited April 2018
    Brault's 3rd start, I believe, but regardless, it still wouldn't qualify as a Stoffo play

Yes the game on 4/30 he pitched in relief (Last 3 innings) getting the win against the Tigers 13-10
    edited April 2018

If it was his 3rd, why wouldn't it qualify?
    edited April 2018
    If it was his 3rd, why wouldn't it qualify?
    has to have already made three starts to qualify---this is his third
    edited April 2018
    Yes the game on 4/30 he pitched in relief (Last 3 innings) getting the win against the Tigers 13-10

I should have made my post clearer and added what Bucky said it has to be 3 starts. That was my error I was just looking at the stat line and seen 3 lines and assumed(Bad Word) it was 3 starts. Sorry for the confusion.
    edited April 2018
    Some of this Stoffo stuff is hard to have consistent agreement on. As an example today's Hou @ Sea contest got to the point where Sea was +100, which would have made it a Stoffo side play, but I don't think it reached that number until close to the start time, and then might have actually ended up at Hou -107 and Sea -103 which means it wouldn't have been a play. So some of these borderline plays depend on when you get the numbers.
    edited April 2018
    I was fortunate to get SEA +105 early in the day...more than made up for the confusion on the col-PIT game, OT, thanks.
    edited April 2018
    today, I show only Colorado.
    edited April 2018

One Caveat just stay away from the Kings and Ducks they just can't score.[/QUOTE]

how do you like the overs in the first 2 games tonight, OT?
    edited April 2018

how do you like the overs in the first 2 games tonight, OT?[/QUOTE]

I just keep betting the Overs until they stop me. It's not even a matter of like or dislike. At this point I'm not even thinking and tonight I also played the Over 5 in the Knight game. It could be two empty net goals in that game. I see CBJ went to 6 in a lot of spots IMO I would lay the juice and get the 5.5
    edited April 2018
    Some of this Stoffo stuff is hard to have consistent agreement on. As an example today's Hou @ Sea contest got to the point where Sea was +100, which would have made it a Stoffo side play, but I don't think it reached that number until close to the start time, and then might have actually ended up at Hou -107 and Sea -103 which means it wouldn't have been a play. So some of these borderline plays depend on when you get the numbers.

Today's another example of the above. Atlanta got to +101. If you bet it at this time, it would have been a Stoffo winner. It's why I'm somewhat reluctant to show my Stoffo records from years' past. The results can be somewhat contingent on when you make the plays.
    edited April 2018
    col, cin, wsh, tex for me today...
  • kdogkdog Senior Member
    edited April 2018
    Today's another example of the above. Atlanta got to +101. If you bet it at this time, it would have been a Stoffo winner. It's why I'm somewhat reluctant to show my Stoffo records from years' past. The results can be somewhat contingent on when you make the plays.

It's also why for consistency they should be tracked off either openers or closers. For this I would think openers would be better as the original point of the system was to have some action over the summer with a reasonable chance of winning some money but with the primary caveat being to spend as little time as possible handicapping.
    edited April 2018
    kdog wrote: »
    It's also why for consistency they should be tracked off either openers or closers. For this I would think openers would be better as the original point of the system was to have some action over the summer with a reasonable chance of winning some money but with the primary caveat being to spend as little time as possible handicapping.

I've alway said that Openers should be used. Just to stay Consistent.
    edited April 2018
    col, cin, wsh, tex for me today...

Another example of how the vagaries of these plays manifest themselves. Currently at 5Dimes, Wash would not be a play because they're @ -103, and TB would be a play (opposite Tex) because they're currently @ +109
    edited April 2018
    There's also two Unders I believe today Cleveland/Minn and Boston/LAA This is why you have to( IMO )use openers or closers. I prefer to use openers and bet it overnight at the best number possible.