Betting Talk

Basketball 2019-20

NortheastNortheast Senior Member
edited October 2019 in Sports Betting
NBA futures
To win 1 unit unless otherwise noted

Magic Over 40.5 wins -143 (bm)
All five starters and sixth man Terrence Ross are back from Orlando’s 42 win team last year. Jonathan Isaac improved in his sophomore year and is poised to break out even more this season. Nikola Vucevic is coming off his first All-Star season but likely not his last. Aaron Gordon has had back-to-back strong seasons and still may not have reached his peak after being drafted fourth overall in 2014. New addition Al-Farouq Aminu adds depth to the frontcourt. Former #1 overall pick Markelle Fultz could be an X-factor but regardless DJ Augustin is a steady veteran at point guard.

76ers win division -157 (pin)
Philly did lose Jimmy Butler and JJ Redick but don’t underestimate new addition Josh Richardson, who like Butler, is very good at both ends of the court. Philly also welcomes Al Horford who has a varied skill set and experience. He will start at power forward and is a big upgrade at backup center when Embiid is off the court. Don’t be surprised to see Embiid win an MVP one of these years as he impacts the game at both ends of the court and is still growing as a player entering his fourth season. Ben Simmons (also a future MVP candidate) and Tobias Harris round out an excellent starting unit. Brett brown said Simmons jump shot has improved and like Embiid he is still honing his game in just his third year. Harris had no trouble fitting in in Philly after switching coasts and chose to sign a new contract and stay in the City of Brotherly Love. If the bench develops then Philly could contend for a title. The Raptors are expected to take a step back without Kawhi Leonard. Boston will replace Kyrie Irving with Kemba Walker but they will miss Horford and even Marcus Morris. Brooklyn should be better with their new additions including Kyrie but with Kevin Durant expected to miss most if not all of the season they look to be a year away from the top of the division.

Embiid MVP +1400 (bo) risk 0.25 unit
A.Davis MVP +828 (pin) risk 0.25 unit

Player futures via bo

#12105 Brogdon under 41% three point shooting -120
He did shoot 42.6% last year but prior to that was 38.5 and 40.4. His best % in college was 39.1 and he shot 34.4, 37.0, and 32.4 the other three years. He’s shot it well so far in the preseason but with added PG responsibilities this year and Giannis no longer collapsing defenses it will be a challenge to surpass 41%.

#12505 Jimmy Butler under 5.5 assists per game -120
Not counting his first two seasons in which Butler played less than 30 MPG, he is 0-5-1 vs 5.5 assists. The Heat are not a fast paced team and have multiple guys who can handle the ball. Dragic led with 4.8 APG the last two years, had 5.8 the two years prior to that, and had 5.3 in 26 games in ‘14-15 when Wade otherwise led the team with 4.8.

#11911 Draymond Green under 7.5 assists per game -120
Not counting his first two seasons in which Green played less than 30 MPG, he is 0-5 vs 7.5. The Warriors lose Durant’s shooting and Klay Thompson’s shooting for most of the season. D’Angelo Russell is a good offensive player but not the shooter Thompson is and whomever replaces Durant in the starting lineup also brings less shooting.

Comments

• StackAttackStackAttack Senior Member
    edited October 2019
    With you on the Sixers division. I got -175 a few weeks ago. Its in the low 200s at some places.

They are winning that division.
  • Old TimerOld Timer Member
    edited October 2019
    You guys with pinny I’m really jealous Philly -157 and stack you did well with -175 I kept looking and waiting and now it’s out of reach. Philly winning the division is like free money but I’m not laying -250. Maybe a slow start I can get something better. I’ve been either waiting or betting a little and then as the season goes on hoping for a slow start hit it again. If not I still have a little.Good Luck guys.
  • StackAttackStackAttack Senior Member
    edited October 2019
    Not sure what it is at now. But BM has gotten around 210 recently. Its moved a lot there the last couple weeks.
  • NortheastNortheast Senior Member
    edited October 2019
    NCAA futures

Florida NCAA +2000 (bm) risk 0.5 unit

Oregon NCAA +3500 (bm) risk 0.5 unit

Maryland NCAA +3850 (bm) risk 0.5 unit

Seton Hall NCAA +5500 (bm) risk 0.25 unit

Xavier NCAA +7427 (bm) risk 0.25 unit

Seton Hall to win Big East regular season +450 (bo) risk 0.5 unit

Xavier to win Big East regular season +650 (bo) risk 0.5 unit

Maryland to win Big Ten regular season +600 (bo) risk 0.5 unit